Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289376 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1635 on: August 06, 2013, 07:53:38 pm »

(Play RTW long enough and you will have a hundred stories like that.)
((Absolutely. Probably the only real time/grand management strategy game I'm actually really good at. I think I'd be better at RTSs if I actually had any that weren't on my Xbox (its so hard doing stuff without a mouse *urk*).))

Captured 4 helicopters in a half of an hour.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: August 06, 2013, 08:22:11 pm »

Round start, lead the pack and see an ennemy, unleash a bullet storm to the poor guy taking some fire in return blasting my shield, finish him off. Reload and turn around rest of the team is in close encounter with about 3 ennemy, i rush in and kill them all with my smg, 2 of the 3 man dies, bullet flies from my back and hit the last team member, turn around and sart shooting... click click... Totally out of bullet and only weapon remaining is a manualy trigguered grenade mirv launcher kind of stuff. Turn around start running while taking fire, im almost dead.

Turn the corner and drop a few grenade on the ground and wait for him. BOOM over 12-mini grenande explode at his feet no chance. Grab the ammo case near me, get back into the fray to be killed by a fragging headshot before i even get time to fire once with my new ammo stocks....

End of the match 12 kill, 3 death.

Loadout: SMG/Grenade Launcher
Power: Surge thing that increase damage output.

Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: August 06, 2013, 10:03:17 pm »

I smacked the back of Alatreon's leg and he died.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1638 on: August 06, 2013, 10:18:41 pm »

I smacked the back of Alatreon's leg and he died.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
On a scale of 1 to All the Numbers, how good is Monster Hunter?

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: August 06, 2013, 10:47:06 pm »

1) Like any other piece of fiction or media or what-have-you, it's subjective.

2) All the numbers. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't played the series, is crazy or lying.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: August 06, 2013, 10:57:35 pm »

(Play RTW long enough and you will have a hundred stories like that. I have one where I had a full army of Equites and Roman Cavalry and Generals versus three Egyptian Armies on an open plain. It was a battle of misdirection, flank attacks, and GLORIOUS CHARGES.)

Wait. I've picked apart huge phalanx armies with smallish groups of cavalry too. Zip dash zip bam horse sandwich. But did three Egyptian armies not bring any chariots?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: August 06, 2013, 11:23:53 pm »

They did bring chariots. I never said I defeated them soundly and easily. It was one of the roughest battles I've ever fought. But after the very beginning of the battle, they lost all cohesion, and I Death-By-A-Thousand-Cuts'd them. A unit of chariots will ride through even two units of cavalry easily and butcher them, but when you catch the chariots sitting still from three directions, you can crush them before they have a chance to run roughshod through your cavalry. You still take pretty awful losses though. If they had formed a big line of Hoplites and used their chariots to defend the flanks, I would have gotten raped. But instead they formed that big combined unit line like the AI usually does, and I broke through their line, causing half their crap to turn to face behind them or to one side. Also, I had a full stack army of cavalry, not a small group.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: August 06, 2013, 11:42:17 pm »

Sounds pretty epic :) Yeah, if there's anything weak in that big line they make, and there usually is, you can make a nice big horse ball and punch through it. But after the first couple times I faced Egypt I never even tried to contest chariots with cavalry unless – maybe – they were already bogged down in infantry.

Of all factions I hate Egypt most.  >:(

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: August 06, 2013, 11:55:35 pm »

Seleucids are awesome because they have one of everything! Elephants, chariots, horse archers, phalanx, legionaries, archers, slingers, they got it all.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: August 07, 2013, 11:11:55 am »

got my first victory over the flagship and somehow managed not to lose a single crewmember the entire game

FTL

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #1645 on: August 07, 2013, 09:06:46 pm »

After many many years of seige on my fort, my Full Slade clad Army of 50 came out to the 152 Goblin seige, With the eception to the militia commander and the 5 best lords, they get slademantine, of course I had mined every one of my ten !!FUN!! spirals, Atleast half of the goblin war party was archers, some of them were riding bloody dragons, course they did more freindly fire, but DRAGONS, After the bloody battle there was only two militia men left, Had to get A peasent into Admantine armor to finish off the last couple gobby's, but dear lord there was Alot, And the elves came in right after it was finished, bought A crap ton of needed wood, alot of mithril, and A ton of Generaly needed supplys, Oh and dragons, Lots fo those.

Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: August 07, 2013, 10:47:15 pm »

I fought a fort defence in Shogun 2. This is on hard difficulty. It was a force of 11,131 versus my fort of 3,200. All of my units save 1 were ashigarus. Wave after wave they came at me, until my fortress finally fell.

I had killed 8621 of them.

I know it's not me winning, but it was one of the most fun games I have ever lost. It wasn't my troops getting routed, or that they got tired, just the relentless pounded of samurai units marching up the castle walls. If I had a proper contingent of troops, such as bow warrior monks or some matchlock samurai I probably could have held it, but that was not to be.

Oh and I retook the fort two turns later, slaughtering all those who had taken it.
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: August 08, 2013, 12:59:27 am »

Having explored 13 floors of the dungeon, I finally found an Amethyst, allowing me to craft the mighty Mace of Windu. After popping out of the pocket dimension, I take 5 steps, smash open a crate, and find an Dwarven Atom-Smasher. Normally, finding an even better mace 5 steps after crafting one would be terrible. As a dual wielder, though, it was a dream come true.

Shortly after, deal ~300 damage in a single turn with my Threshing attack and at least one proc of Dwarven Handshake. Totally unrelated to dual-wielding two end-game maces in quick succession.  :)

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: August 08, 2013, 06:28:24 am »

This is more of an awesome loss, but still interesting anyway.

So there we were, the entire 102nd regiment lined up and marching along the river. We had just fought off an enemy regiment and a few friendlies were cleaning up the stragglers as we moved to defend the river crossing. We spotted an enemy regiment lining up on a hill to our left, and our commanding officer ordered us to form up. We exchanged volleys, and lost three people, including the CO. The next man in charge took immediate command and ordered us to cross the river. We were, after all, a melee regiment.

We waded into the water, guns above our heads when the next volley hit. Half of us went down then and there, and those who didn't either drowned or fell in the next volley. After the chaos, three men were left; me, another ranker, and our flag bearer hiding behind a tree on the friendly bank. The flag bearer, next in line for command, ordered us to retreat. Our blood filled the water seconds later.

As our flag bearer dropped the colours to reload, a random pub took the flag and started running off with it. The bearer told him to drop it or he'd fire, so he did. Just before our bearer got to the flag, a bullet hit him square in the chest. The pubbie spun, grabbed the flag, and waded into the water again.

This happened in a matter of minutes, and the icing on the cake was that it could all have been avoided if the commander had noticed that the actual river crossing was two feet to our right.

It was hilarious at the time, trust me. :D

Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: August 08, 2013, 06:34:32 am »

Cult decided that being secret sucked and opted to KILL MAIM BURN in the name of their dark god, and they took too the hallways with their constructs. In about ten or so minutes, most of the crew got slain and converted into more constructs. Being a scientist, I did the logical thing.  I made a mining drill and booked it. A wraith attacked me and a co-worker, I dispatched it with my drill quickly and fled to Medbay with my friend. A cultist and a wraith attacked, I used water to slip the cultist and took the wraith down, but not before my friend got offed. I fled to the chapel, hid in a coffin. A long time later, a juggernaut smashed my hiding place. I took off into maintanence, to botany which was smashed open by a juggernaut, to the dorms while several wraiths and cultists chased me. I hid in a room's wardrobe until the cult left on the shuttle, then left and wandered the now empty station.

I was the only survivor, other than another guy who hid near an escape pod. And in the end round report, from what I could tell, almost all the dead cultists were done in by my drill.

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 709