Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1293039 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2115 on: January 16, 2014, 03:06:44 pm »

Run into a clearing containing two rares, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Lure off the first rare, kill it in the nearby passages using a well placed turtle and a hydra.

Fight my way back up the passage, through a seemingly endless tide of monsters, until I get back to the other rare.

'Summoned a hydra!' - so that's where they're all coming from.
But wait a minute - summoned. And I'm a summoner. Surely I can do something here.
*remembers detonation ability*
Rare 2 dies in explosions.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: January 17, 2014, 09:02:50 am »

(This happened a while ago, but I'll post anyway)
I was really bored, so I kept committing petty crimes such as streaking, and stealing, trapping people in closets etc. The security was getting pretty mad, so I put on a balaclava and did more stuff. Security caught me again, and hauled me to the brig, again. Strapping me to the bed, he took off the balaclava and saw that it was me. Upon doing this he unbuckled me and pushed me out the door.

"Hey, what gives?" I asked.

"I haven't got time for you," he replied.

I didn't own in any real way, but I felt like I did because lulz.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: January 18, 2014, 12:20:46 pm »

Small trap fence, in the span of about one season, has claimed: 2 bears, at least one each of elk, reindeer, and stag, and this one particular wolf that's been harassing me.

Currently got at least 350 units of meat and fish smoked or being smoked, and within a few weeks will be able to harvest hundreds of lake reed. Currently making bowls to hold all the flour from that(...you can grind that, right?).

Also recently discovered an entire herd of reindeer, and hopefully will be able to trap their area.

Life is currently good.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tjoh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: January 18, 2014, 12:29:55 pm »

In what kind of location have you built the fence?

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: January 18, 2014, 12:31:47 pm »

Small trap fence, in the span of about one season, has claimed: 2 bears, at least one each of elk, reindeer, and stag, and this one particular wolf that's been harassing me.

Currently got at least 350 units of meat and fish smoked or being smoked, and within a few weeks will be able to harvest hundreds of lake reed. Currently making bowls to hold all the flour from that(...you can grind that, right?).

Also recently discovered an entire herd of reindeer, and hopefully will be able to trap their area.

Life is currently good.

Hate to inconvenience you in anyway, but I must ask.

Is it possible to upload that save to somewhere and share hehe.

Can never get started up and personally, I'd find this save to be a nice save to learn about the game in :P

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: January 18, 2014, 12:49:31 pm »

In what kind of location have you built the fence?
A diagonal chokepoint at the end of a lake where the water sticks out a little. It's not very long, about 100 meters or so, with about 9 pits every four or five pieces of fence.

Can never get started up and personally, I'd find this save to be a nice save to learn about the game in :P
Best starting scenario is I Want to be a Fisherman. It gives you a free fishing rod and 2 nets right at the start. Also take the basic game course as that eventually gives you free: fresh pike(to cook), handaxe(very very good if you don't start with one), fishing rod(in case you don't use the above scenario), shovel(you can make a wooden one but it sucks), and seeds(comes with the shovel).

I've good luck starting as a Kiesseläiset or Reemiläiset. Decent skills and equipment. I've seen a lot of people saying Driik is a good start, but they have horrible starting skills, which can kill you.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: January 18, 2014, 12:53:37 pm »

Best starting scenario is I Want to be a Fisherman. It gives you a free fishing rod and 2 nets right at the start. Also take the basic game course as that eventually gives you free: fresh pike(to cook), handaxe(very very good if you don't start with one), fishing rod(in case you don't use the above scenario), shovel(you can make a wooden one but it sucks), and seeds(comes with the shovel).

I've good luck starting as a Kiesseläiset or Reemiläiset. Decent skills and equipment. I've seen a lot of people saying Driik is a good start, but they have horrible starting skills, which can kill you.

Ah. Alright then, I'll try this before begging for saves :P

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: January 19, 2014, 05:16:49 am »

Driik is the worst clan to start as. It has no bonus, and crappy skills (the only good Driiks are the ones you trade with). The best is still Kaumo (though some clans are better at one task, Kaumo is the best all around).

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: January 19, 2014, 02:00:38 pm »

Just liberated and rebuilt a zombie-stricken city, pulling together a skilled group of survivors, and even found a cure for the virus along the way. Also built lots of bars, and once things settled down a bit I spent my days tending one, as the others fought of zombies, took down a large gang of marauders, and generally saved the world.
Now, me and my core crew of comrades are carrying on to the closest city to create another safe haven there. Wish us luck, looks harder this time!

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: January 19, 2014, 03:21:34 pm »

After a rough start that only got MORE rough as time went on, We're finally fighting back. Even with the Ethereals and their damn psionic powers.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: January 19, 2014, 03:53:20 pm »

Not actually a *own* but the map generator gave me something that might well be in the future...

With some trimming I will get something out of it.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: January 19, 2014, 07:04:10 pm »

Anyone care to guess what happens when someone forgets about any possible caps to bonuses to hit?

67 Ballistic Skill + Point-blank Range + Full Auto + Hatred: Tyranids + Motion Predictor + Best-Quality Heavy Bolter + Rolling a 1 =

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: January 19, 2014, 07:53:50 pm »

Anyone care to guess what happens when someone forgets about any possible caps to bonuses to hit?

67 Ballistic Skill + Point-blank Range + Full Auto + Hatred: Tyranids + Motion Predictor + Best-Quality Heavy Bolter + Rolling a 1 =

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: January 19, 2014, 07:55:14 pm »

And so, as the drone lit up its laser cannon, Colonel Viktor 'Duke Nukem' Golubey, recalled the events that led to this event, in a vain attempt to bring him joy in the final minute of his life. His squad, wiped out, he fled to the roofs as they died. Sure, he picked off the odd few, but was he doing his part?

He was to himself. The drone however hesitated and in that time he grabbed his plasma rifle and in one swift motion destroyed it. It falling to the ground, crackling with electricity. He smiled and clutched his wounds as he descended, reporting to the Skyranger.

"Mission. Fucking. Accomplished"

XCOM EU 2012

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: January 19, 2014, 07:58:49 pm »

Deathwatch is the name of the game :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 709