Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292680 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2310 on: March 23, 2014, 10:50:36 am »

Beat the Luca Goers 3-2 in the first game of the game. Their second score was only due to the fact that they somehow ended up with the ball when Wakka came in to finish the game, and when their guy had it only one of our guys(with piss-poor AT) went on defense, allowing him to score at point-blank range.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

bertix

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity is over-rated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: March 23, 2014, 11:02:57 am »

After a horribly long dogfight with an f86 sabre, I managed to get on it's tail and unload a handful of 37mm cannon rounds into it from my mig9 late, happy of my victory, as it went down in flames, I followed it in a dive only to find that I lost both my wings to a F9F5 panther.
(I guess this counts both as last death and a win I suppose ?)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 12:25:41 pm by bertix »
Set phasers to tsun.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: March 23, 2014, 12:50:15 pm »

Got into a close range firefight with a MAX as a light assault, they took cover to reload.  There's no bloody way I'm going to win this.

But when they took cover I suddenly got a burst of inspiration, I sprinted towards them, strapped a block of C4 to their face, and ran away hitting the detonator as I went.

Vanu MAX down.

Planetside 2
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: March 23, 2014, 12:55:30 pm »

It'd been a long campaign. I'd conquered and sculpted my starting island for maximum population, and just as I'd settled the last bit, the last opposing faction, which had occupied the other island on the map, finally managed to extend their territory to reach mine. The resulting battles were pretty much a stalemate, with cities gained and lost by each sides pretty much remaining even. Then I hit one thousand mana. And got to unleash Armageddon. Which in and of itself is badass. A volcano forms in the centre of the map, and all existing cities are converted into hero units (type seems to vary), which make a beeline for the volcano for one final showdown. I won quite handily having roughly a dozen units left by the end.

Reprisal, Skirmish mode.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #2314 on: March 23, 2014, 02:30:28 pm »

Playing on Guadacanal as a US BAR-gunner. Knee mortars took out everyone 'cept me and a rifleman, japs come banzai-ing over the bunker, I frantically pump lead in to them-desperate to keep them back-when I hear *click-click*. SHIT, out of ammo! My first thought is to reload, but midway (that IS a WWII pun!) through one last jap banzais me and rifle-toting todd to me right, I look over as the jap brutally rips in to the rifleman, he turns towards me, and in desperation I pull my colt and put 2 shots in to his heart.

6 kills there, a grenade takes me out.

I respawn and sprint back to the front, by virtue of luck I am not seen and manage to jump in to a trench directly adjacent to the japanese attackers. After brutally exploding the head of one soldier, I kneel and turn, spraying and praying that my bullets will halt the advance. Again, after firing my whole clip, I don't have time to reload, I quickly switch to my colt and dispatch some japanese  charging over an abandoned bunker.

Another 6 kills there, it was only when I had repelled the first wave when a rogue jap ended my spree by executing me point blank with his nambu.

RO2: Rising Storm

Reading back a few pages of this thread and found this post. RO2 is awesome - but being japanese and banzaing is arguably more fun!

I just wish it had larger maps! Great game though, played it a ton and still go back to it every now and then!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: March 23, 2014, 04:35:47 pm »

Playing on Guadacanal as a US BAR-gunner. Knee mortars took out everyone 'cept me and a rifleman, japs come banzai-ing over the bunker, I frantically pump lead in to them-desperate to keep them back-when I hear *click-click*. SHIT, out of ammo! My first thought is to reload, but midway (that IS a WWII pun!) through one last jap banzais me and rifle-toting todd to me right, I look over as the jap brutally rips in to the rifleman, he turns towards me, and in desperation I pull my colt and put 2 shots in to his heart.

6 kills there, a grenade takes me out.

I respawn and sprint back to the front, by virtue of luck I am not seen and manage to jump in to a trench directly adjacent to the japanese attackers. After brutally exploding the head of one soldier, I kneel and turn, spraying and praying that my bullets will halt the advance. Again, after firing my whole clip, I don't have time to reload, I quickly switch to my colt and dispatch some japanese  charging over an abandoned bunker.

Another 6 kills there, it was only when I had repelled the first wave when a rogue jap ended my spree by executing me point blank with his nambu.

RO2: Rising Storm

Reading back a few pages of this thread and found this post. RO2 is awesome - but being japanese and banzaing is arguably more fun!

I just wish it had larger maps! Great game though, played it a ton and still go back to it every now and then!

I wish that the commander and squad leader's abilities to set targets was a little more high-profile. That some reward would be given for giving orders and following them.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: March 23, 2014, 08:15:44 pm »

Got into a close range firefight with a MAX as a light assault, they took cover to reload.  There's no bloody way I'm going to win this.

But when they took cover I suddenly got a burst of inspiration, I sprinted towards them, strapped a block of C4 to their face, and ran away hitting the detonator as I went.

Vanu MAX down.

Planetside 2

I once managed to take out a New Conglomerate MAX by circle strafing in mid air directly above him as a LA with Drifter jets and the shitty basic Cycler. He was already wounded from an earlier battle, but pouring two clips into him took him down.

Okay, more owns:

Trying out a mixed Support/Damage build as a warrior. Most people decry support warriors as utterly useless, but I managed to keep the tide of my squad healed up and buffed constantly.

We, as a 30 man group, went to Stonemist Castle, the most impenetrable fortress in the World vs. World map. I was just building adrenaline (I heal better with my healing skill when I have full adrenaline, plus you need it to use special moves) by flailing at the wall, when we got flanked.

Two big zergs, maybe 15-20 each, flanked us, crashed straight into us, and I thought "shit".

Here was where my new build came into play. Sword + Warhorn: Sword has lunging attacks, plus its adrenal skill immobilises and bleeds foes, plus i was specced on critical hit to inflict yet more bleeding. Warhorn just has two skills: one that applies swiftness (+33% movement speed) and cures chilled, poisoned and some other thing. All nasty conditions, that it cures. It also has one that applies Vigor (endurance regen +100%) so you can dodge attacks all day.

Then I dropped a Banner of Defense (increases vitality of everyone in the radius by a set %), which pumped my health up to a damn fine 28,000, and added about 2-3000 health to everyone in the radius.

But, I'm also specced for my banners to apply Regeneration to any ally in the radius, as long as the banner lasts. (This means I can have 90 seconds of weak-moderate regen lasting with only six seconds of effective cooldown, as the cooldown on the banner skill is 96 seconds where the banner's defense + regen lasts 90 seconds.)

My sword and I carve into a single foe at a time, doing pitiful damage but inflicting huge stacks of bleeding on them, so they'd laugh and nuke me to low health, but then go 'holy shit i can't stop the bleeding' and run away and collapse from massive blood loss.

Best thing ever is, my healing skill heals different health % based on adrenal level - at full adrenaline, it heals nearly 55% health, which is more once-off heal than any other class in the game.
It also slaps a free stack of three Might onto the allies nearby me - so whenever I heal, I restore more than half my health, and make my surrounding allies stronger in combat.

YES. We just barely fought off the twin flanks, outnumbered approximately 1.2:1. I had a buddy rolling as a twin axe Zerker warrior, so he'd assist me in combat with his huge burst damage and PBAOE moves.

Hilarious moments occurred when he'd go down after being nuked (Zerkers don't really get above the warrior's base health of 21k at level 80, where Support warriors have up to 26-28k depending on their spec).

I would just babysit him during that time - every time he went down, because he was about as squishy as a heavy armor class comes, I'd drop a banner, shout FOR GREAT JUSTICE, which let him regen his health and slapped Fury (+20% crit chance) and 3x Might (+a decent amount of Power), he'd hit Vengeance (warrior only skill when you're mortally wounded - get up and continue fighting as normal for the duration of the buff, but are immediately killed when the buff expires.).

Normally Vengeance is only used in the most dire of circumstances, but he had specced for "Furious Rally" - if you kill a foe while you're under the effects of Vengeance, Vengeance immediately cancels with no ill effects, so you can get up nearly instantly provided you kill during Vengeance.

Ah, such fun.

Guild Wars 2

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: March 23, 2014, 09:05:21 pm »

Playing a Necromancer, pop Lich Form,
Literally kill the entire enemy team without dropping below half health with just the auto-attack.
This is stupid.

(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: March 24, 2014, 04:52:09 am »

...? With my Duelist build, I've 1v1'd a Necromancer in Lich Form and come out on top. Endure Pain / Berserker Stance / Throw Bolas = lol

Berserker Stance + Endure Pain popped at the same time is effectively four seconds of invulnerability, plus you can't be slapped with conditions either. You can still be stunned, but Necros don't really have many stuns, iirc.

Throw Bolas immobilises them so you can get a coupla crits with the sword auto to make them bleed, then you slap them with the sword burst, which immobilises them again and bleeds for huge damage.

Then you back off, pop your heal if you reckon they can get you to >25% but <50% health with next shot, and watch as they start panicking about their bleeding. Even if they cleanse their conditions as necros are good at, you can just slap them with another few autos and the adrenaline -> final thrust and they'll go down again.

1v1 vs. Zerker warriors, the Duelist build wins almost every time. It's really only a 1v1 build though, in big melees I simply can't slap everyone with enough bleeding to supplement my pathetic damage.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: March 24, 2014, 09:05:49 am »

Damnit Reudh, you make that game sound hella awesome. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

foil

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: March 24, 2014, 09:28:22 am »

Just finished the main mission on Metal Gear Solid GZ and is pretty good.  Took a couple of hours and im about 30 mins into the 1st of the 5 or 6 unlocked side missions.

Will probably take another couple of hours to do the side missions and then start again on hard difficulty you have to unlock for each mission by completing them once.

Seems decent enough value if i get 6+ hours playing out it for £20.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: March 24, 2014, 11:40:59 am »

As Omniknight, played with a very strange team consisting of a spectre, disruptor and 2 spanish speaking people, one being an alchemist who fed the bot lane and then had to make up for it by jungling (and managed to). I was forced to go mid since our zeus was completely convinced he would make an excelent support for our alchemist (something the alch somehow agreed with)... So he basically just denied our main carry bunch of gold and experience and died along with him several times. Our specter was top with our disruptor and they didn't do too well but didn't feed horribly (mainly because I managed to convince disruptor to leave mid and go top to help the specter after he died to pudge twice).

It was a really weird game and I was sure we were going to lose untill the alch managed to get himself togheder by farming the jungle and lanes forever. After that all I had to do was get a gem for the enemy riki and keep the alch with repel and use my ulti when needed. We managed to come back from a near certain loss due to a near invincible alch that was always immune to something.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 11:44:41 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: March 24, 2014, 02:04:09 pm »

^-That's Dota 2, by the way.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: March 24, 2014, 09:36:02 pm »

Playing a Necromancer, pop Lich Form,
Literally kill the entire enemy team without dropping below half health with just the auto-attack.
This is stupid.

You pretty much should always be autoing anyway - it's only when you go a bit over your head that you use the other skills.
It's stated in the wiki that most basic enemies in game of the same level can be defeated 1v1 with just the auto.

Players that are scaled up to 80 for World v World also have significantly less health and damage than their counterparts - as an Engineer, scaled from 8 -> 80 I was barely plinking a mesmer 1v1 - i could immobilise and set him on fire as much as I liked, but as soon as he'd get to low HP he'd just heal back up with Ether Feast. That's probably why your Lich Form was doing so well.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: March 24, 2014, 09:57:53 pm »

I beat Metro 2033 on Ranger Hardcore. Like a boss. Too bad it's a DLC for Metro Last Light.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 709