Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292640 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2400 on: April 07, 2014, 06:51:37 pm »

Scored 843 kills in Survival mode. The ground ran red with stick figure blood. Plus I have the highest score amongst my Steam friends!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
How the...

I can never get past 300!
Oh man. You have got to beat 500 and unlock Blind Survival. It hides the combat zone, so you can't really see when enemies are in range! And if you get more than...was it 250?...kills in that mode you unlock No Luca No mode. That mode is hilariously difficult.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: April 07, 2014, 06:59:50 pm »

No Luca No mode
I am seriously confused as to how that would work. Like, an arena brawler with a homage to a cereal protection simulator?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: April 07, 2014, 07:04:56 pm »

No Luca No mode
I am seriously confused as to how that would work. Like, an arena brawler with a homage to a cereal protection simulator?
Something like that, yes.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: April 07, 2014, 07:45:11 pm »

I...
I've been wrong my whole life.
Greatshields aren't cheap in Dark Souls 2, unlike how I looked at them before.
The event that changed this?
My making of a new character that pretty much fulfills all the stereotypical traits of an anime brawler dude.
Huge muscles? Check
No shirt? Check
High saturation hair? Check, blue as hell
Fist weapons? Fuck yeah, two of them.
A giant sword? Haven't gotten that far yet.
Making stupid sounds with your mouth during every simple task? WATAH! HWAH! WAAAAAAAAAA!
Miracles to give you that lustrous super saiyan glow? In a few more play sessions, for sure.
Punch the Pursuer in the face multiple times without dying? Tomorrow night, that is the goal.

(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: April 08, 2014, 09:40:03 am »

Beat the Rebel Flagship with the Lanius B. Lanius boarders are hilarious, they take a second to get going but when they suck the oxygen out of the room...(Also, I've discovered mind control counters mind control, handy for taking on the flagship).

FTL Advanced Edition
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: April 08, 2014, 10:18:29 am »

The members of my PvP guild from Guild Wars 2 finally managed to get their Elder Scrolls online characters to level 10 so we could enter the pvp together.

a lowly 8 of us managed to be the key components of breaking not one but two sieges against our side's keeps, simply by sneaking out of our keep going around behind the enemy mass, breaking stealth and making an organized attack.  Prompting the defenders in the keep to also charge out and join the fray.

Instead of fighting back most of the enemies scattered, and I managed to get our kill 20 enemy players daily done in the first charge.  It was glorious, I missed PvPing with these guys.

Elder Scrolls Online.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: April 08, 2014, 10:26:26 am »

583 kills in blind survival. Not only does it hide the combat zone (so you don't quite know what your attack range is), it ALSO hides the enemy hit bars. If you don't know the pattern for a particular enemy color by heart, you'll probably screw up a few times.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: April 08, 2014, 02:27:34 pm »

Managed to achieve Spellcard capture of Patchoulli's Wood Elf Spellcard on Lunatic difficulty. That I was hacking the memory to have infinite bombs and lives to survive that long doesn't count against it since to capture a Spellcard you need to beat it without dying or using a bomb, before time runs out(except possibly Flandre's "And Then There Were None").

Even more impressive, dodging Sakuya's first wave of "OMFGKNIIIIIVVES"(died on the second one). More impressive still, capturing her Illusion World "The World" Spellcard. Again, both on Lunatic.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: April 08, 2014, 03:55:27 pm »

I owned without doing anything.

Earlier, I had changed my kiai (the sound that plays when you enter a fight) to Fat Bastard saying "Get in mah belleh" and amplified it by 80 decibels or so, for good measure.

The fight went something like this:

My character: GET IN MAH BELLEH!! COME OOOON!!!

Opponent (on chat): "Holy fuck tomato"
*disconnects*

« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 03:58:29 pm by IronTomato »

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #2409 on: April 08, 2014, 04:31:58 pm »

Beat Bell Gargoyles. It was more bitter than sweet victory though, because I lost all of my humanities due to being careless earlier. Only 12, but for a newbie like me, that's quite some.  :(

Then I beat my first black knight. Only killed me once, still feel good.  :)

edit:
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 01:21:58 am by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: April 08, 2014, 04:54:53 pm »

@IronTomato:
That's hilarious. I should play a couple rounds of that again; is there a server you favor?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: April 08, 2014, 09:05:25 pm »

@IronTomato:
That's hilarious. I should play a couple rounds of that again; is there a server you favor?
I usually go in Semipro Judofrac, or Semipro Aikido. When I'm not on one of those, I'm usually on the tourneys for the same gamemodes.

Also, fun fact: One of the new legends is someone from this forum.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: April 08, 2014, 09:24:21 pm »

Beat Bell Gargoyles. It was more bitter than sweet victory though, because I lost all of my humanities due to being careless earlier. Only 12, but for a newbie like me, that's quite some.  :(

You had 12 liquid Humanity?! Damn. I don't know that I've had more than 2-3 without consuming items, never mind before the Bell Gargoyles.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2413 on: April 08, 2014, 09:26:37 pm »

You had 12 liquid Humanity?! Damn. I don't know that I've had more than 2-3 without consuming items, never mind before the Bell Gargoyles.
He prolly ate all his humanity items. Or he went to a LOT of different areas before beating the gargs.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: April 08, 2014, 09:44:34 pm »

He prolly ate all his humanity items. Or he went to a LOT of different areas before beating the gargs.
It's possible. Still, if you were going slowly, it's possible to farm 10 liquid Humanity per area from just killing stuff. 12 Humanity by the Parish would be totally doable.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 709