Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292764 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2550 on: May 13, 2014, 01:29:19 pm »

Yah, but I figured I might as well cover all my bases.

And no other frustration? Solidus is easy compared to the Tengu fight imho. Also surprised you had nothing to say about Ray. Most people have a really hard time with them.
The RAY fight was pretty hard, but during the Fission Mailed fight I didn't die once, probably because I've adapted to the lack of rations. Solidus is kicking my ass, though.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2551 on: May 13, 2014, 01:36:53 pm »

Stay on the side (his left?) with the missing eye. Circle in that direction while fighting him. He blocks less because he's blind there.

Last time I cheesed him with an exploit that I found which involves punching him, so not many tips for you.

Don't panic when he starts jetting around after he loses the tentacles. Just stay still and he comes to you on his own. You can block his attacks too which leaves him open to being attacked. It's like the ducking thing with Vamp. So obvious you never think of it. So when you're not swinging run with your guard up.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: May 13, 2014, 01:45:11 pm »

Don't you know who you're talking to? :P

Otacon told me the eyepatch bit, I don't panic when he charges, and I'm already capable of dodging or blocking all of his attacks, except his missiles. The only real reason I haven't won yet is because I suck at cutting them tiny missiles, though using first person view seems to help. It's always petty things that get me. Hehe.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2553 on: May 13, 2014, 01:54:38 pm »

Cutting? Dude, just dodge them. That's a horrible idea.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: May 13, 2014, 01:56:35 pm »

I'm walking down a passageway at the edge of the map when a guy comes up behind me all threatening-like. So I shoot at him but don't land enough shots to kill. I then throw a stick of dynamite down to dissuade him from following me and start reloading. By the time the dynamite explodes I'm through 4 of 6 chambers, and I edge towards the corner ready. Just as I put the sixth and final bullet in he disarms me so I cooly punch him in the face once to kill him.
To make it even better I picked up my gun, finished reloading it, and then proceeded to break up a fight by killing all 3 participants in quick succession.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: May 13, 2014, 02:04:11 pm »

In a single election, the Senate went from Arch-Conservative to Liberal. Same thing with the House of Representatives. The sacrifices are finally paying off.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 02:06:58 pm by Noel.se »

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: May 13, 2014, 02:13:59 pm »

Cutting? Dude, just dodge them. That's a horrible idea.
I tried that before, but I got hit anyay, and made the assumption that cutting would make it easier. It did, but it sounds like I should probably stop.

I'll fight him again tonight, and I'll be sure to make video evidence, if not just for posterity.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2557 on: May 13, 2014, 02:30:08 pm »

In all my experience I've never tried that nor seen it suggested. God I love MGS.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: May 13, 2014, 04:23:07 pm »

I made planetfall fairly close to the Believer faction. Miriam was willing to overlook my police state for some reason. She soon found herself in a war with the University, somewhere over the ocean, and asked me to join. I decided to humor her, and pronounced vendetta against someone I couldn't even speak with to buy time to build up my forces. I annexed her lands not long afterwards (casus belli: sent a colony pod across my highway). Zakharov never forgave me. The truce was fairly brief, and he occasionally sent small groups of infantry my way. I couldn't be bothered to take his island chain, and focused on the belligerent Spartans instead.

While I was ignoring him, he just kinda surrendered to me and signed up to be my vassal. I've never had someone surrender before I could take even one of their cities.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: May 13, 2014, 04:28:28 pm »

Rushed out orbital from start and exiled myself on a small moon while the other were fighting on the main planet, built up my economy and started production of military unit. As my economy grew i sent a lone building to another moon and started fortification in case of a sneaky orbital attack and then started building truster.

Lost contact with the forces on the main planet so i send a could unit to scout the main planet and while i did loose a lot of them i found a nice place to land my builder and defensive forces.

I immediatly started building a teleporter while trying to defend my builder the best i could. As soon as the teleporter was linked to the moon i filled the place with military unit and blew a lot of them up, sadly my forces were not quite ready and i started loosing ground while i had no reserve waiting to go there. I promptly turned the gate off by blowing the one i had on the moon since at the moment i didnt know how to turn them off properly and i was kinda in a hurry to figure out the right way.

A few unit came on the other side on my moon but i had a lot of defensive building waiting them. All in all i didnt loose anything on the moon but the planet was a lost cause, no way i can get back on that planet without major logistic and planning. My plan B was almost ready so i made sure the other moon was heavily protected. Once it was ready i simply sent the plan B to the main planet. Try to dodge a moon you crazy AI...... They all died by a complete planet annihilation. That was fun!

Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: May 13, 2014, 06:18:56 pm »

In a single election, the Senate went from Arch-Conservative to Liberal. Same thing with the House of Representatives. The sacrifices are finally paying off.

I didn't realize that demonic sacrifice was an option in LCS.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: May 13, 2014, 07:22:58 pm »

I didn't realize that demonic sacrifice was an option in LCS.
You didn't? Sacrificing your soul to Satan is very Liberal.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: May 13, 2014, 08:21:35 pm »

Having Missile Fabs really is wonderful. Destroying an M2 as a Corvette is so fucking awesome when you've spammed 50 * 5 high-yield missiles against your foe.

X3: AP - I have managed to develop a missile station to provide my ships with steady streams of explosive ordinance and it's paying off.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: May 13, 2014, 08:57:53 pm »

The AI decides to send 350 bombers + seven flagships to one of my worlds. The world itself is pretty cheaply defended: A few missile turrets around the command post, a shield, and a mark II military command center. It's never actually been attacked before except by the lone raid starship (for those with massive raid starship problems: mkII/III military command posts repel most ships when they fire, including raid starships) or a rogue AI zombie ship or two from past hacking operations. This wave would've been a death sentence for that system.

Luckily, I had a botnet golem on hand. In about fifteen seconds after the wave enters the system and makes contact with the golem, all of the bombers are zombified and it takes them five to absolutely disintegrate every flagship that couldn't be turned. All of the zombie bombers, out of my control, jump out and start cleaning house in nearby AI systems. This golem was totally worth the 100 AIP it took to bring it online.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: May 14, 2014, 02:08:01 pm »

After it paralyzed itself taking down my Manetric, followed by judicious save-scumming to keep it immobile while Sceptile plinked away at it, and nearly half an hour throwing Ultra Balls at it, I caught L70 Rayquaza while my team is under L45(except Sceptile who is L47).

I could have used the Master Ball, but "I just trapped it with something that always works" doesn't sound as cool as "I just beat the crap out of an ancient dragon god and made it my bitch."
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 709