Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289405 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2595 on: May 20, 2014, 03:58:26 am »

Rougelike : C'est tres bon game, parce que j'adore le coleur.

s.v.p. Korbac, je ne parle pas francais. :C

Dw I ddim yn hoffi siarad Ffrangeg, achos dw i'n dwp.
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu F'thagn!
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: May 20, 2014, 07:07:49 am »

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu F'thagn!
Ustedes tienen que hablar español.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: May 20, 2014, 07:43:41 am »

I know a bit of ASL, but you'll just have to imagine it.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: May 20, 2014, 02:58:38 pm »

I know a bit of ASL, but you'll just have to imagine it.
*Swish swish flap flap flick swish flap swish, flap flap flap swish flap flick flick swish*
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: May 20, 2014, 03:43:16 pm »

Möchten Sie alle aufhören pissing um und wieder an die Geschichten von epischen?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: May 20, 2014, 08:37:26 pm »

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu F'thagn!
Ustedes tienen que hablar español.
Exactamente.

Sop urist qIl! Qob puH. jon urist qaStaHvIS ngeng vaHbo'. tet.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: May 21, 2014, 12:03:56 pm »

I needed a hole in a wall to make a garage in my mansion.  Unfortunately I don't have a jackhammer.

So I did the dwarven thing, I made a spraycan flamethrower, grabbed the fire extinguisher and fired the flamethrower at the wall.  Clearly this is a good idea.

2 hours later and one and a half fire extinguishers later I have a hole in the wall where I wanted it(slightly larger than I intended) and I miraculously saved the building.

Fastest panic fire extinguisher in the cataclysm.

Cataclysm DDA
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #2602 on: May 21, 2014, 12:05:53 pm »

I needed a hole in a wall to make a garage in my mansion.  Unfortunately I don't have a jackhammer.

So I did the dwarven thing, I made a spraycan flamethrower, grabbed the fire extinguisher and fired the flamethrower at the wall.  Clearly this is a good idea.

2 hours later and one and a half fire extinguishers later I have a hole in the wall where I wanted it(slightly larger than I intended) and I miraculously saved the building.

Cataclysm DDA

For a moment I forgot what thread I was in, and thought you had done this for real. What a crazy bastard, is what ran through my mind, until I read "Cataclysm DDA" at the bottom :D

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: May 21, 2014, 12:09:26 pm »

Cataclysm DDA

That's why you don't play with fire, kiddo. :P
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: May 21, 2014, 01:56:02 pm »

Couldn't you just have attempted a manual override on the wall?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: May 21, 2014, 04:50:31 pm »

Cataclysm DDA

That's why you don't play with fire, kiddo. :P
Seems like he's basically mastered it at this point, though.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: May 22, 2014, 03:21:25 am »

My first mission in Carriers at War 2 ended very well, with me sinking the Aircraft Carrier HMS Hermes, 4 British battleships, 2 British Heavy Cruisers, One Light Cruiser, 3 (maybe a bit more, I forget) Destroyers, more transports than I can count. On top of this I caused heavy damage to 2 carriers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: May 23, 2014, 01:56:15 pm »

So i decided to play as russians and do a "peaceful" playthrough focused on city building research and title improvement.
So i met the first civs that started along with me on the continent. The inca and... some asian guys.
Things went well till the inca noticed i have barely any units and decided to attack... they didn't notice however that i had tons of gold stashed away AND my cities are well fortified so it ended in a bloodbath for them and a swift counterattack that ended in their genocide.
This however caused the asians and newly discovered germans turn vary of me thinking i'm a "warmongering menace" so i decided to eliminate them before i meet other nations.
This didn't work out as well since it took so long i was discovered by egyptians whom quickly turned from freindly to guarded after the constant torrent of denoucements from germans and asians so i had to slaughter them as well once i finished with the germans.
That didn't goo with plan because by that time i was discovered by the french aztecs and babylonians who got their views of me marred by the denouncements made by egypt before i could shut them up with artillery shells... making me the last civ on the continent abd pretty much hated by everyone... with the exeption of danes whom i quickly started a defensive pack to have reason to bash the aztecs skulls in... altho currently i'm only half invested limiting myself to a carrier anchored near the shore just sending wave after wave of fighters at aztec pikemen making hteir trek towards Danish cities.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: May 23, 2014, 07:33:39 pm »

You can reduce that warmongering score by freeing citystates and foreign cities.

Convince the Ai to attack other Ai and city states, then free the city states for a free liberation bonus.

Then again, I play on massive maps with Massive timescales and almost 20 nations. So it's easier to find a friend and the Ai fights war all the time.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: May 23, 2014, 07:41:55 pm »

You can reduce that warmongering score by freeing citystates and foreign cities.

Convince the Ai to attack other Ai and city states, then free the city states for a free liberation bonus.

Then again, I play on massive maps with Massive timescales and almost 20 nations. So it's easier to find a friend and the Ai fights war all the time.

That... actually sounds like a lot of fun. Is it hard to keep track of all the countries? And how many weeks/months does it take to end?
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 709