Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289469 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2955 on: July 24, 2014, 11:49:18 pm »

I've barely had any time to play, but I've recently made it to 5000TC selling textures. I'm gonna try and make a good one, so I can get it all in one swoop. 15000TC is what a clan costs, and I've seen sets and even single textures sell for more than that, but only the good ones. Chances are, I'll end up going back into my comfort zone by sketching something by hand, scanning it and coloring it.

Should this fail, I will most likely unequip everything on my Tori, effectively selling my entire body to someone else for a huge sum of money. Only a last resort, though. :P

blazing glory

« Reply #2956 on: July 24, 2014, 11:55:06 pm »

I've barely had any time to play, but I've recently made it to 5000TC selling textures. I'm gonna try and make a good one, so I can get it all in one swoop. 15000TC is what a clan costs, and I've seen sets and even single textures sell for more than that, but only the good ones. Chances are, I'll end up going back into my comfort zone by sketching something by hand, scanning it and coloring it.

Should this fail, I will most likely unequip everything on my Tori, effectively selling my entire body to someone else for a huge sum of money. Only a last resort, though. :P

What's a clan do anyway?

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: July 24, 2014, 11:58:07 pm »

All I know is that we'd be able to participate in official clan tournaments.

And besides, I just want an excuse to put [DORF] before all our names.

blazing glory

« Reply #2958 on: July 25, 2014, 12:24:43 am »

All I know is that we'd be able to participate in official clan tournaments.

And besides, I just want an excuse to put [DORF] before all our names.

[DORF] Starn1...

Maybe I just need a new username.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: July 25, 2014, 10:52:58 am »

I've got most of Planet conquered. All that's left is The University. I have an obscene income, so I can quickly corner the energs market. I can build the Voice of Planet/Ascent to Transcendance in 2 turns max. I can easily roll over The University's defences.

So how do I win?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: July 25, 2014, 12:34:19 pm »

I was invading people in the Painted World as a spirit of vengeance.

I invaded someone, buffed myself, ran up to find them at the bonfire, and realized... they were AFK. I decided to announce myself with a friendly stab to the back, but after they got up and still didn't respond it was clear they were actually away and not just not paying attention.

Now, I'm generally the last person to go in for "honourable PVP" stuff, since I think it goes against the spirit of the game, and especially since the people I can invade have by definition already proven themselves to be jerks. That said, I'm already literally swimming in ears and am not quite a terrible enough person to kill someone who's utterly defenseless for no meaningful gain.

So I waited for a bit, tossing out a periodic "HELLO", to no avail. In the end, I attacked them a few more times until they had only a sliver of health remaining, dropped a circle of glowing prism stones around their feet, and left their game.

My way of saying "I was here, your life was in my hands, and I spared it."

I only wish I could've seen their reaction when they returned.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2961 on: July 26, 2014, 04:55:33 am »

With Advanced Defense, Vitality, Battle Frenzy and a Necklace of the Bloody Claw, goblins are unholy. Nine hitpoints, sixteen defense, and 4-4 damage. Did I mention the fact that I had six hundred of them?

Edit: Heroes of Might and Magic V.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 05:07:55 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: July 26, 2014, 09:24:36 am »

With Advanced Defense, Vitality, Battle Frenzy and a Necklace of the Bloody Claw, goblins are unholy. Nine hitpoints, sixteen defense, and 4-4 damage. Did I mention the fact that I had six hundred of them?

4-4 damage?! That's INSANE.
._.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2963 on: July 26, 2014, 02:33:49 pm »

4-4 damage?! That's INSANE.

It's ludicrous. They basically get to be able to take down whole stacks of Tier Seven units in one shot. They're way less* overpowered if you don't get the Necklace, though, because then they only have 3-3. I'm not exactly sure how you're supposed to kill them. I mean, a charge from a stack of Champions kills a ton, but that often doesn't cut it. And it's not like they're the only creatures in the army, either.

*Less overpowered, but still ridiculous.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: July 26, 2014, 04:09:05 pm »

Destroyed an all legendary team in Pokemon X-Y triples.  I do that often enough that I imagine that's not actually much of an accomplishment.

But this time I did it without a single poke fainting, not even my usual suicide sceptile. I opened by taunting their darkrai and one shotting their Xernas with a grass fire pledge combo, my sceptile took a lethal hit but stayed up with his focus sash, then sceptile took advantage of his overgrow and sun boosted solar beam to one shot or very nearly one shot (enough for the firestorm from the pledge to finish them) every single thing it got it's eyes on.  Sceptile's least productive turn was worry seeding away a Rayquaza's air lock near the end, when it died from a combination of smack down and dragon pulse from my other pokes that turn anyway.

Despite the fact that they were trying to do a full team sleep with a darkrai and I feel people who do that in triples deserve a special place in hell, I think this guy deserves some kudos for actually sticking around for the whole fight.  Usually people ragequit and force DC the moment their darkrai is taunted let alone when all their hacked shiny legendaries start dropping like flies to the likes of Sceptile.

Pokemon Y Random Triple battles
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: July 27, 2014, 01:00:43 am »

At long last, Lady Chun Li V, a balding, foul-mouthed Barbarian Queen achieved what 96 of her ancestors had failed to do: get out of that blasted castle alive. And, you know, kill the final boss in the process.

What's all the more impressive is that she did it with 7 HP remaining, no mana, and a near-undodgeable attack roughly 5 seconds away from connecting.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: July 27, 2014, 01:35:12 am »

Is that one of the default names or did you watch the Star_ video?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: July 27, 2014, 01:50:17 am »

My final game, Critters 2 (an evolution sim), sold more than 10 million copies with no help from a publisher. It was easily my most profitable game, making over $140M after development costs and is still going.
Shortly after that, I won the game :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: July 27, 2014, 03:21:52 am »

Not exactly owning, but I did really well against my dad in a friendly game of Warhammer Fantasy. I was running a High Elf list, which was also my first time ever playing High Elves. He runs a Vampire Counts army, and is very, very good with it. Thankfully, he decided not to use his main list, which is a fairly small army with the majority of the points going into a unit of 5 extraordinarily powerful blood knights mounted on nightmares, accompanied by a level 4 vampire. It's a nigh-unkillable unit capable of making devastating attacks, and shrugging off pretty much anything.
Even then, though, I figured I didn't have much of a chance, since HE is known for being fairly mediocre, while VC is known for being powerful, and I was a newb to both my army and the game in general, while he knew his well. I still lost by quite a bit (He actually killed every model in my army), but I manage to completely destroy his unit of ghouls, deal 3 wounds on his terrorgeist (A big zombified dragon-esque thing) out of 6, get a wound on his Mortis Engine (A big spell-casting ghost chariot), and take out several of his well-equipped grave guard, though several of them got brought back to un-life by Invocation of Nehek. If I had concentrated fire on the Grave Guard instead of the Ghouls, moved my phoenix a bit better, and remembered that Arcane Unforgiving is an extremely awesome spell against vampires with very expensive and powerful magic swords, I might have actually stood something resembling a chance of winning.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: July 27, 2014, 08:23:09 am »

My final game, Critters 2 (an evolution sim), sold more than 10 million copies with no help from a publisher. It was easily my most profitable game, making over $140M after development costs and is still going.
Shortly after that, I won the game :D
Now, embrace MMOs.
Spoiler: Doooo eeeeeet (click to show/hide)
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 709