Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292676 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3600 on: December 11, 2014, 11:46:02 am »

Got nigh on frame perfect timing to beat a miniboss. Lots of trial and error involved but I managed it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
As far as I know there is no grinding in DA:O. You can possibly do a bit of grinding by wandering the wilds waiting for the occasional random encounter, but even those are dangerous - one time I was attacked by multiple orange-rank demons for example. Many fights will be very difficult unless you're a dirty cheater like myself :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: December 11, 2014, 12:44:31 pm »

If I remember correctly DA:O is designed so that you're supposed to tackle certain areas in order, so that you'll gain the levels needed to tackle the other areas. If I remember correctly it's something along the lines of... Elfs -> Mages -> Humans -> Dwarfs. I think. And each area has an extra-tough encounter at its beginning to deter you from going further and guide you into the right path. So if you follow the order you shouldn't be encountering too many problems.

Mind you I learned all about this after I actually finished the game. My playthrough consisted of running through some high-level areas, nearly dying a couple of times, but still getting enough exp to blast through the rest of the game. This was at normal difficulty though, so I don't know if you could do something similar.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: December 11, 2014, 12:48:11 pm »

Walked into the room, started a test that was supposed to take 1-2 hours, and finished it in 18 minutes.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: December 11, 2014, 01:44:41 pm »

Walked into the room, started a test that was supposed to take 1-2 hours, and finished it in 18 minutes.

No, Roy, the answer to every question is not choice C. Though a good many of them are :-\.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: December 11, 2014, 01:54:54 pm »

Played the Binding of Issac: Rebirth and was doing a cain run. Picked up Ludivicho Technique (Which causes you to no longer shoot but instead have a large shot that you can move around) and was doing fairly well. Just before the Mom's Heart fight, I managed to get 1 last Deal with the Devil. I had managed to have a decent amount of HP and high damage, so when I saw Brimstone, I thought what the heck.

Now not all items in Binding of Issac work together to create amazing synergies… But I think the fact that my one large tear shot turned into a red ring of death is a PRETTY crazy synergy. XD Proceeded to kill Mom's Heart in under a minute, and then beat The Fallen + Satan + Hooves in just under 30. That was the most ridiculous run I had ever had, and I will cherish the screen shots that prove it. :D
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

blazing glory

« Reply #3605 on: December 11, 2014, 02:12:55 pm »

Was leading the charge because I was a bit too damaged to hang back so I figured why not and started going in front, when suddenly a medic starts healing me, crashed right through the enemy because immune to instakills, 'twas glorious.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: December 11, 2014, 02:53:10 pm »

Went through the one small cave immediately after Faron Spring,
then the Deku Baba popped up.
Jump attack + spin attack right after works wonders on them.

TLOZ: Twilight Princess
Black lives matter.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: December 11, 2014, 07:03:11 pm »

I was clearing out the Quarry and accidentally lured three full grown Deathclaws after me. Now, I can take them on, rather handily if I do it right, but not all at once, and not in this terrain. So I'm running around this corner, and I pass a rather irritable looking fellow in red and brown armor with a Vexillarius coyote-head on.

He and his three assassin fellows draw their high end weapons (A 12.7mm SMG, a Thermic Lance, some throwing spears, and a shotgun IIRC) and take aim on me while I run right through the group frantically.

I take a few hits, and one foe raises his machete to slash at my face as I pass. He flinches and turns to face his new foe, and I clear the group. I draw my Hunting Shotgun+ and blast the nearest Deathclaw with judicious fucking headshots. I turn, blasting a Legionary, and survey the field. One wounded, crippled Deathclaw is bearing down on the Vexillarius, who is also severely injured. I fire the rest of my clip non-VATS, spraying both of them with a spread of buckshot.

I stand victorious over three adult Deathclaws and four Legionary Assassins, wearing Reinforced Leather armor, Sunglasses, and a Headband.

Fuck your armor, fuck your energy cannons. I got a shotgun and speed.

Fallout: New Vegas
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: December 12, 2014, 01:06:34 am »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: December 12, 2014, 09:58:05 pm »

Started up a new game of XCOM and during the first mission I notice something weird.

Williams...Other Williams....Castillo...OTHER CASTILLO.

I got two sets of twin chicks from the beginning mission! XD

The Williams twins are the only ones who stuck though, since they were both from the UK while the Castillo's were from diff countries and one of them lost a bunch of will almost immediately.

Still, Holly Williams is a support and I have designated her my "WhiteKnight" while HELEN Williams is a Assault and is my "BlackKnight"

They kick SOOOOO much ass together its incredible. My save is truly blessed...AND ITS AN IRONMAN SAVE AS WELL
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: December 13, 2014, 09:05:59 am »

I decided to nuke Delhi instead of Thebes at the last second so my capital would be the greatest city in the world, and then proceeded to take Thebes. With several cities cranking out crazy amounts of units I proceeded to blitzkrieg the Egyptians, who had basically no culture, so I culture-converted half their cities. Sadly, the game ended before I could construct the United Nations so I had to do with a crushing domination victory, instead of one of the others, all of them were within my reach.

Civilization Revolution, it's t the only one I have, vOv

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: December 13, 2014, 11:42:48 am »

Also Snoipah. Scored 8 headshots in one life, and would have MVP'd the game if not for a berserk demoman running rampant in the opponent's base.

TF2.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: December 13, 2014, 11:45:47 am »

Jigglypuff used Sing!

Foe Pikachu fell asleep!

Jigglypuff used Pound!

Foe Pikachu used Quick Attack! (or Agility, I forgot which)

Jigglypuff used Pound!

For Pikachu fainted!

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: December 13, 2014, 11:46:59 am »

Playing payload with a my usual PAYDAY crew. Completed with no deaths (for us, anyway), and the cart never stopped moving. Numerous votes to scramble teams ensued, and were shot down with glee. We've reached the point where teamwork is practically instinctive, and it's hilarious to play that against randoms.
Also, uber-demo is so good.

My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 709