Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292879 times)

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3915 on: February 03, 2015, 11:10:55 pm »

I managed to board and capture something that probably shouldn't be able to be boarded and captured.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What game is that?
That would be Starsector, with a mod that I have seen before but cannot remember the name of for the life of me.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3916 on: February 03, 2015, 11:15:20 pm »

I managed to board and capture something that probably shouldn't be able to be boarded and captured.
Presumably it's a bug? Make sure you report it. Those modders love fixing bugs.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: February 04, 2015, 01:33:30 am »

Presumably it's a bug? Make sure you report it. Those modders love fixing squishing bugs.
FTFY

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: February 04, 2015, 02:27:19 am »

I've still lost more than twice as many matches as I've won, even before counting AI matches. But the losses are getting closer and closer every time, and I actually won three matches in my last session!

Hearthstone.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: February 04, 2015, 02:43:35 am »

Was hoping for the Celebrity achievement (get 15k prestige) on my old man Fylkir/Emperor, who was heading into his 70's. Managed to get it at age 72, and then I was hoping for a better heir (ultimogeniture, youngest male child inherits) though thought it unlikely given my guy's wife was old, and I didn't want to get any concubines.

Forgot about his lover though. He was 76, got a little pop-up saying I have a bastard son from this 27 year old he gave a good tumble to 9 years previously. After a little thought, decided the reputation hit with the entirety of his immediate family would be worth legitimising him, so I did.

He died a few months later, and I get to play as my first 0 years old character :)

Further ownage occurred immediately thereafter when Scotland decided they wanted to take advantage of the Empire being in flux, and to declare a Holy War for Dunbar, while I was still mopping up some Lithuanians. Sorted them out, but took a great hit to the number of troops I could field, and then some of my vassals decided they no longer wanted to be part of the Scandinavian Empire, so they revolted. Despite having slightly fewer troops than they did, managed to make them surrender after 4 years of hard battle, and imprisoned 9 of the bastards.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: February 04, 2015, 07:31:25 am »

Wait, wait, wait. He took a tumble with the 27 year old 9 years ago, she had his son, who was 0 years old. 9 years is a very long gestation period... Oh game mechanics.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: February 04, 2015, 12:54:07 pm »

...seems legit.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: February 04, 2015, 02:22:57 pm »

Wait, wait, wait. He took a tumble with the 27 year old 9 years ago, she had his son, who was 0 years old. 9 years is a very long gestation period... Oh game mechanics.
It's just that she became his lover 9 yrs ago, the game just doesn't tell you about every tumble you take.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: February 04, 2015, 02:25:56 pm »

Yep.  As far as I recall, the only tumbles the game tells you about are either the "give a good tumble" event (which I'm not sure if it triggers for already-lovers) and the one off the fortifications. 

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: February 04, 2015, 02:28:10 pm »

Well, they do get sprinkled into the resulting events.  The 'spend xx gold, try to make a baby' events.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: February 04, 2015, 03:00:07 pm »

It's just that she became his lover 9 yrs ago, the game just doesn't tell you about every tumble you take.

This one.

I had a daughter from the first time, but didn't legitimise her because of agnatic-succession: women don't inherit. I did acknowledge her as my own though, because I'm nice like that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3926 on: February 05, 2015, 02:19:28 am »

In a multiplayer dungeon crawl with my brothers and their friends, I was separated from the pack, as tends to happen (missing out on many kills and loot and some XP), and overheard some struggle going on in a dungeon and a boss fight. After wandering the wilderness for a while, leveling up and such, I caught up later to the same dungeon, restocked with enemies and bosses, and solo'd them all, plus bosses (at a much lower level) with dual-pistols. Additionally, my pet kicked some ass as well, raking in a good deal of the kills; more awesome since I designed them as a tribute to an awesome cat I had (they were pretty much like a mini-panther IRL, and this time, they were full-scale. An awesome tribute to an awesome cat. You are always missed, Magellan.).

« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 02:22:29 am by Itnetlolor »

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: February 05, 2015, 08:56:08 am »

This one.

I had a daughter from the first time, but didn't legitimise her because of agnatic-succession: women don't inherit. I did acknowledge her as my own though, because I'm nice like that.
Oh, I guess that makes sense.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: February 06, 2015, 12:32:22 am »

I was a traitor Roboticist with two goals: Kill all cyborgs and survive until the end of the round. First thing I did was lure the other Roboticist into Storage, blind him with a flash and then beat him to death. When someone came in and asked to be made a cyborg I cut his brain out and threw it down Disposals. Then another traitor came in, set me on fire and took my ID. I got the fire out, but now I was basically completely trapped since I didn't have an ID to open any doors. But the dead Roboticist in Storage had one. I welded my way into Storage, ordered a voice changer and stole the dead Roboticist's identity. But the nosy AI noticed the dead body in Storage with my name and got suspicious. I fled into Maintenance and ordered a DNA scrambler, injected myself and then ordered a fake ID with my new name on it. But that wasn't enough. I bolted and welded myself into a small room to lie low for a few minutes. No one could get in, but I could weld my way out through the walls. I waited in there for about four minutes, before I contracted a random virus from an event. The virus chewed through my health pretty quickly, so I resolved to weld my way out through the walls early. Out of fuel. By this point, I was in crit, so I couldn't talk over the radio. And I was trapped in my own oh-so-clever hideout. My only method of communication with the outside was via my PDA. And no one ever answers their PDA, so no one noticed my pleas for help until a minute before the shuttle was going to leave. By then it was too late and I was left behind on the station. Locked in a maintenance room, dying of a disease and unable to even speak. But what's this:

Objectives:
1:Kill all cyborgs

I killed the only other Roboticist. There were no cyborgs on the station at the end of the round.

2: Stay alive until the end of the round.

I was still alive, in my prison, in crit.

I won. I WON!

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: February 06, 2015, 08:44:59 am »

Spoiler: shotgun op plz nerf (click to show/hide)

Finally won a damn challenge. With a team I didn't think would: a Protean Greninja, Aegislash, and one I won't reveal yet.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 709