Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292707 times)

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4035 on: March 01, 2015, 12:24:08 pm »

"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #4036 on: March 01, 2015, 02:44:24 pm »

Systematically beating the Time Attack! mode of F-Zero: GP Legend on my Game Boy Advance.
I want those last six racers so bad! ;_;
Regards,
Dampe

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: March 01, 2015, 04:22:39 pm »

As a miner, I decided to go exploring, because that sounds exciting. So I got myself some nice armour, a hammer, a hand teleporter, some medicine and some miscellaneous tools before acquiring a suitably robust space pod to explore in. I warp over to the mining station and go out looking for trouble in the debris field. I find a reddish glowy shuttle thingy floating, so I exit my pod, get in through a vulnerable window and start exploring. No loot I can see, but there is a central chamber that looks promising. I look in there. Nothing in here but something labelled a "weird machine". It beeps at me, before shocking me for a good bit of damage, as well as stunning me. It proceeds to repeat that until I'm in crit. Once I can finally move, I run out the door and apply burn patches to my wounds, healing me back to full. I decide to skedaddle back to my pod and exit the room I was in. I run into 2-4 of the weird machine things that I must have missed earlier. They all shock me at once and keep me stun-locked for a good RL minute. I'm pretty far in crit at this point and keep going in and out of consciousness. Once they finally lose interest in me, I reach into my pocket for my hand teleporter, activate it and go to step into the portal to escape. One of them stuns me and beats on me for another ~30 seconds. Once I can move, I try to make it to my pod. Eventually, in the tiny gaps between stuns and me passing out, I arm-drag myself to my pod and get in. I use the pods built in teleporter to warp back to the station proper and try and get medical attention, since I'm still in crit. I get to the place where the mining shuttle docks, realize too late that someone's called the mining shuttle and I'll die if I stay where its going to appear for too long. I exit my pod and jetpack over to the doors and get in a split second before the shuttle gibs me. I slowly drag myself over to a public minimed vender, eventually insert my ID in between bouts of unconsciousness and use a health analyzer on myself. It shows that I've suffered over a hundred and thirty points of burn damage[I've seen people die from less then that]. I buy all the burn patches I can afford and apply all of them to my face, finally bringing me out of crit. The emergency shuttle has almost arrived by this point, so I retrieve my ID and walk over to the shuttle. Someone's bolted the doors to it down, so I go out a nearby airlock and wait in space, so I can break into the emergency shuttle via the windows. Once it arrives, I do so and chill with a few similarly enterprising people. That's about when the grenades start going off. Even with my armour, I almost end up in crit again. Nearly everyone else is dead. Then the shuttle leaves, the round ends and I'm still alive.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: March 02, 2015, 05:28:15 pm »

Dat wall.

An unintentional own, and I'm not quite sure who it belongs to in this situation. The tank, or me for being able to keep him alive.

Ever have that one member in a party that keeps messing up in every way possible, but they just won't die, despite how much you think (or wish, in this case) it should happen?

The tank refused to dodge AoEs, aggro'd literally every mob he could, and even ignored primary mechanics of boss fights. At one point he had so many debuffs that couldn't be cured that the enemies may as well have been given double damage. But he just. Wouldn't. Die. Hell, on top of that we we were short on DPS half the time because he kept rushing forward so much that one of the DPS would usually get locked out of rooms.

He took a boss move meant to wipe parties to the face and lived.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: March 03, 2015, 07:49:34 pm »

So, how about APM?

Spoiler: Large Image (click to show/hide)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4040 on: March 05, 2015, 02:24:49 am »

Despite falling really far behind, and ready to give up to the point of standing still (or at least taunting them by clucking like a chicken), for a time (I was guaranteed to lose); on the Factory level (just at the speed boost then drop point), I managed to somehow take full advantage of a track-switch doorway system the game is known for using for certain maps, and fall right into first place, completely blindsiding my brothers, and giving me a chance to win a round. I lost the match, but I won the round. I can't believe that trick actually worked. I may not be as smart as my brothers, but my critical thinking and general ballsiness does surprise them from time to time; this was a good example. I don't expect to pull that trick off again, at least against them (I expect nothing but vulgarities from other players in ranked matches if I pull that on them), but holy crap, was it awesome.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 02:31:51 am by Itnetlolor »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: March 07, 2015, 12:14:14 pm »

Had a mission to assassinate several corporate leaders, all of whom were attending some emergency meeting in some partially-built tower. Having previously destroyed the building next door - which has the exact same design - in a challenge, I decide to repeat the feat, which involves zapping the supports at the top to bring down this large metal crown-shaped structure(presumably the frame for a future glass dome) using my Nano Rifle. Before I'm done, the targets figure out what I'm up to, but it's too late. A few shots later, the satisfying sound of stuff falling down signals my success. As the structure falls down onto the meeting, it tears right through the rest of the building. All but one survived, and that survivor probably only survived due to physics shenanigans. I simply ran up - going right past the EDF guards who were still busy running for cover - and smacked the guy on the head with my sledgehammer.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: March 07, 2015, 02:17:16 pm »

That is one of my favorite missions.  There are just so many ways to complete it.  You can load up on weapons and just storm the building, killing everyone there.  You can get the rail driver and just kill them all. You can use the sniper rifle to give them a sporting chance.  You can lob a thermobaric rocket through the window.  You can sneak aroun and try planting explosives on the cars.  And finally, you can bring the entire building down. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4043 on: March 07, 2015, 05:17:52 pm »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #4044 on: March 08, 2015, 05:30:53 am »

Alone and half dead, I was attacked by about eight enemies, including a boss with an enchanted bow. I switched to dogmatic mode (time only passes when you take an action), and started picking them off. Arrows from the boss were blocked by throwing knives while I climbed up a level to stun the horde of enemies chasing me. I ended up surrounded and stunned, but I ate a tone of hearts, killed the first enemy with a bleed rune, enchanted my dagger with slow (everything else was stolen by a nymph) and killed off about half the enemies, before dying. Fortunately, I was prepared for this (and have far too much luck) and had eaten a rune of undead beforehand. I returned, switched to a recently acquired vampire face I'd forgotten about, and plowed through all the enemies except one vampire.

Which promptly got a Smite and instakilled me.

I'm still calling it an own though, because by rights I should have died inside ten seconds.

Red Rogue.

Edit:
>Decapitated
>Rise again
>Wear own face
>What problem?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 05:53:08 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: March 08, 2015, 09:00:25 pm »

I finally double looped Nuclear Throne!  When I looped the first time I had a gatling slugger I'd carried through most of the game and a hyper launcher I'd found in the throne room.  I had fish with gun warrant, which means I have infinite ammo for the first ten seconds of every level.  Might not sound like much but the first ten seconds of a nuclear throne level tends to be the most deadly time.  I spent those ten seconds holding down the trigger on my gatling slugger and watching as shotgun fingers caused ludicrous mayhem.

Carried those two guns through the entire next loop, until I got into a crown vault.  Decided to take crown of destiny for the free mutation... got fish's water boost throne butt, which while pretty good, is literally the only mutation in the game that could possibly get me killed.  Then I realized something terrible, when I used roll even once, I could never stop.  I had to water boost everywhere that level, bouncing off of walls and everything.

Activated it in both palace levels because muscle memory is a bitch.  Managed to fight my way down a tiny, long hallway that had a sniper on the other end by spamming my hyper launcher down both ends it while somehow dodging everything including the friendly fire.

Get to the boss at 2 health, realize that once you've looped the throne hallway spawns a bunch of pickups.  Rush to get them... and roll to go faster, activating water boost.  Find out that the red chest spawned a nuke launcher, pick it up.  I then proceed to beat the nuclear throne while infinitely water boosting.  Hilariously, it was hard to keep the throne onscreen while doing this, and nukes move slowly and follow the mouse.  So at one point I was dodging laser spam everywhere while two nukes circled perilously close in front of me.  Fun times.

I beat the boss with 94 ammo in my nuke launcher... and 8 in my gatling slugger.  The moment I entered the next level I spammed slugs everywhere, most of the IDPD died shortly after exiting their portals.  I fired my remaining slugs into the throne and then nuked it to death.

And so I entered my second loop with 2 health, a ton of nuke ammo, and 0 slugs.  I got shot dead by a crow bandit shortly afterwards.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: March 09, 2015, 07:47:55 am »

My Roselia won a Smart contest!

Spoiler: ...wearing this (click to show/hide)

I'm so proud of her I'd give her a hug... but she has Poison Point, so... no.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: March 09, 2015, 11:06:22 am »

I remember playing Pearl as a little child and being scarred by that part. Good times.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: March 09, 2015, 01:24:57 pm »

I remember playing Pearl as a little child and being scarred by that part. Good times.
>Pearl
>little child
>it wasn't that long ago was it
>googles Pokemon Pearl release date
>Sept 28 2006
>9 years ago

Well I feel old. I always considered Diamond and Pearl to be relatively recent.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: March 09, 2015, 02:14:11 pm »

Pah, I was in college in 2006, it wasn't THAT long ago... right? Right?? Shit....
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 709