Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289443 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4200 on: April 08, 2015, 05:25:46 am »

I'm playing around with the ideas of going another round and doing a Text/Picture Let's Play of the adventure. There were some pretty epic moments beyond just Pierre. Pierre just happened to be the most recent example.
DO EET. Not enough Digimon World out there.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: April 08, 2015, 08:01:02 am »

I swear, this was one of the best boss executions ever. After climbing the tower being chased by a giant crab, I get to the top. After about 10 minutes of uselessly throwing axes, I realized I was sitting under an elevator. I climbed in, and pressed Down. A quiet "Go to hell" from the protagonist and the elevator rams down, with me still riding it, crushing the boss at the bottom of the now-blood soaked tower.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: April 08, 2015, 11:26:17 pm »

Beat the game in 23 minutes on rainstorm difficulty. Sniper+Glass+Command=FUN. Also equals INSTADEATH in early game if you get hit once.

Got a new highest damage dealt: 30,000 damage in one shot. One shot Providence--that's the final boss-- twice.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 11:49:19 pm by Spehss _ »
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: April 08, 2015, 11:48:37 pm »

I figured out how to get past part of the final boss' testimony. Been hung up on it for like a week because I'd made an assumption of information that was blatantly obvious to me but unbeknownst to them.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: April 10, 2015, 02:16:44 am »

Played Mount and Blade--The Last Days mod--as an archer of Rohan. (Normal difficulty--taking normal damage instead of the 'default' 1/4th from enemy attacks and 'Good' enemy AI.)

War started, and I was level 11 after countless battles with only a full archer support party (Mirkwood marksmen/veteran archers) and armed with an elven bow & 3 inventory slots of arrows (I am totally vulnerable in melee :P), and the first battle was on the field forwarding Minas Tirith. A totally FLAT field.
My enemy was the Khand (Easterlings, as depicted in the book, they are pretty much...looking a TON better in my opinion.)
They had a ton of cavalry skirmishers and I only had the aid of Prince Imarihil. Meaning: A bloody ton of Gonder Swordsmen (non-mounted, generally), so the battle was mostly a cavalry vs archer/swordsman fight.

It was epic, and I had fun de-mounting the Haradrim. With my bow (loving the math and projectile computations here). Battle started at a nice 398 vs 465, with 3 enemy commanders vs me and the Prince.

Ended at 386 on our side--I had no casualties in my party, while the only ones who died were my allies. :/

Dear goodness is Minas Tirith so...wow. I love the detail of the battlefield and the surrounding areas.

Edit: Best shot I made had a difficulty of 13.4. As a headshot. (Unsure if I forgot the exact details given all the sniping done, but it was 11+) \o/
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 02:47:28 am by Tiruin »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: April 10, 2015, 02:46:14 am »

Enslaved all of humanity in 486 days. Little over a year. Now they worship a parasitic species of worm that burrows into their brain and controls their thoughts. All hail the hypno worm.

Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: April 10, 2015, 06:25:22 pm »

Enslaved all of humanity in 486 days. Little over a year. Now they worship a parasitic species of worm that burrows into their brain and controls their thoughts. All hail the hypno worm.

How much does this game cost and where can I get it?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: April 10, 2015, 06:39:09 pm »

On sale for $10 USD instead of $15 on Steam. Dunno where else.

Think there's a mobile version as well but it has different features than PC version. On mobile it's available through Apple App store, Google Play, and Amazon App store.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: April 10, 2015, 06:56:58 pm »

On sale for $10 USD instead of $15 on Steam. Dunno where else.

Think there's a mobile version as well but it has different features than PC version. On mobile it's available through Apple App store, Google Play, and Amazon App store.

It's a wonderfully hit and miss game. A lot of the plagues you get are pretty much carbon copies with slightly different transmission vectors, and maybe one different mutation, but the Simian Flu, the Neurax Worm, and the Necroa Plague are all standouts. It's pretty much a facelift of the flash game Pandemic EOM, at least until you unlock a few specialty plagues.
---

I was on fire, a scant dozen meters above sea level, at the highest velocity my propeller could push. I had an entire pack of little dogfighters swarming behind me and raking me with fire. Battleship ahead of me opened fire with all guns, forcing me to pull up hard or be repeatedly violated by a wall of unfriendly bullets. It was a close turn, and a few shots scraped my belly and brought me within a hair's breadth of exploding, but I kept up the climb. I stalled myself out when I hit vertical, then sunfished backwards and looped back on the swarm of fighters that were in pursuit. I didn't thrust back, I just opened fire with my laser in a 15 degree sweep that brought my combo multiplier up from 3 to 17 in less than a second. The battleship, which I was stalled out directly above, re-vectored both the fore and aft guns on me, trapping me under a ^ of bullets that kept drawing lower. I completed my loop, pointed my nose straight down into the battleship's deck, activated my laser, and re-powered the engine. I burrowed straight down through the battleship, destroying it in the process. My propeller, specially designed for use in both air and water (that's the power of german engineering), and my hull, specially designed for slicing through solid objects, carried me through the entire process unharmed.

I got splashed a few seconds later by a well-timed burst from an air superiority ACE, but it was still perfect.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 07:15:56 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: April 10, 2015, 07:07:33 pm »

-snip-
That sounds definitely awesome, but all I can think of while reading that is this :P:
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: April 10, 2015, 07:14:59 pm »

-snip-
That sounds definitely awesome, but all I can think of while reading that is this :P:

That's actually a surprisingly accurate depiction of what happens when I can manage to actually run into those little dogfighters. I love that fragile little build.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: April 10, 2015, 07:21:39 pm »

It's a wonderfully hit and miss game. A lot of the plagues you get are pretty much carbon copies with slightly different transmission vectors, and maybe one different mutation, but the Simian Flu, the Neurax Worm, and the Necroa Plague are all standouts. It's pretty much a facelift of the flash game Pandemic EOM, at least until you unlock a few specialty plagues.
I remember Pandemic. Can you describe what makes those three standouts, well, stand out?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: April 10, 2015, 07:24:55 pm »

-snip-

That's my favorite gif on the internet.

Its so perfect and yet... so wrong.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: April 10, 2015, 07:32:31 pm »

I remember Pandemic. Can you describe what makes those three standouts, well, stand out?
Those 3 all have unique traits for transmission, symptoms, and abilities, and various different gameplay mechanics or win conditions. The other plagues have standard transmission, symptoms, and the standard win condition of "infect and kill everyone", although each plague has different abilities. Bacteria and viruses play the same, for example, but bacteria has extra resistance to environments while viruses instead mutate much more and removing mutations costs resources instead of giving resources. Bacteria and Neurax worm don't play the same at all, you can't brainwash people with bacteria for example.

I'd say Plague Inc does have  better balance than Pandemic, at least. Madagascar doesn't immediately barricade itself the instant someone on the other side of the world coughs.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: April 10, 2015, 07:38:38 pm »

They change how you play the game. All the other plagues have, if I recall correctly, the same symptoms. They may have different orders to the symptoms, but they're still identical. Bacteria, viruses, fungi, prions, nanites, bio-weapons, they're all kinda samey. There are a few differences, and I'll always have more fun with a virus than with with a bio-weapon, and playing a nanite on the harder difficulties is an exercise in not rage-vomiting pea soup, but they all play roughly the same way. The three I mentioned have ENTIRELY different transmission vectors, symptoms sets, and endgames.

I don't want to spoil it too much, but think of it this way. You're playing an RPG, you're making a character, and you're reading up the little class descriptions. One class is a stalwart fighter that specializes in hitting things with a sword, and has a variety of combos for handling all sorts of different situation. It's a cool class. Then the next class in the list is a stalwart fighter that specializes in hitting things with mace, but they have the exact same combos that apply in the exact same situations as before. Repeat that process for axes, staves, spears, and halberds. Just about the time you're ready to psychically punch the developer in the soul for the self-derivative drivel, you find a class that's a wizard base who specializes in defeating opponent and solving problems using nothing but the growth and manipulation of body hair. Then you see a class that's a rogueish type, except you don't remember rogues riding crocodiles or being able to prop up the corpses of their slain foes into threatening meat puppets. Still a little surprised, you flip the last class tab to find a class that contains individuals who have separated their minds from their bodies and live entirely as body jumping parasites that feed upon the emotions of their hosts and can control their actions.

That's what I mean by standout. They just... stand out, they can't really help it.

Ninja:
Those 3 all have unique traits for transmission, symptoms, and abilities, and various different gameplay mechanics or win conditions. The other plagues have standard transmission, symptoms, and the standard win condition of "infect and kill everyone", although each plague has different abilities. Bacteria and viruses play the same, for example, but bacteria has extra resistance to environments while viruses instead mutate much more and removing mutations costs resources instead of giving resources. Bacteria and Neurax worm don't play the same at all, you can't brainwash people with bacteria for example.

I'd say Plague Inc does have  better balance than Pandemic, at least. Madagascar doesn't immediately barricade itself the instant someone on the other side of the world coughs.

This is true.

Goddamn Madagascar.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 07:40:34 pm by Draignean »
---
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 709