Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289422 times)

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4860 on: September 13, 2015, 06:01:14 am »

So, I had just finished setting up the defenses for the Northern Nexus, it was rather nice if I said so myself. Had a sentry behind the plasteel barricades and a two thick row of electrified grilles to fuck over the xenos with.

At this point, I had called out several times over the coms about the northern grilles being electrified, I was sitting there chatting with another engineer as entire lemming train of marines all ram facefirst into the grilles and burnt themselves into a fucking crisp.

I was sitting there laughing my ass off at the sight, cause these guys weren't group or anything at all. They all just literally ran one by one into the same goddamn grille with amusing results. Ended up having to spend fifteen minutes running from a horde of pissed off marines who wanted to kill me afterwards.

Not sure this would be considered owning considering all the people I took out were my own team but goddamn it was fucking hilarious. I was just sitting there laughing my ass off for a few minutes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: September 13, 2015, 06:13:33 am »

I blew up a sentrynest with stickies, but ran out of stickies in my launcher and there were three people in there.

i landed three consecutive melee crits on everybody left in there

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: September 13, 2015, 09:00:10 am »

I thought the last fight of the game would be at least kind of difficult. It wasn't. Olivia was a level 18 Swordmaster with Lethality, Astra, and a Brave Sword. The boss dropped to a series of epic Astra combos on the 3rd turn.

Fastest chapter I've ever completed.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: September 13, 2015, 09:01:57 am »

Awakening is not particularly hard on Normal difficulty. I got the final boss with my main character on the first turn.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: September 13, 2015, 09:19:19 am »

I forgot to buy the Social Enhancer again at the end of The Missing Link (grrrrr), and there was no way I could get any more Praxis before the final "conversation boss" of the game. However, when I considered the kind of person I was dealing with, what he's trying to accomplish and why he believes he's right, I actually managed to "beat" him with only a small hiccup near the end.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: September 13, 2015, 09:27:12 am »

Ambushed by a Hind, and it's complement of infantry. I in turn ambush the infantry on the ground, slamming them into each other and strapping a balloon to them. The next group disembarks, splits one guy off the rest. I ambush the other three, and Fulton them as well, then grab the last one. And then another group drops, and I hit them just as they jump out. Unfortunately, I run out of Fultons, so I tranq the last guy and exchange fire with the helicopter.

A short while later(and faster than I expected) that last guy wakes up, but while taking him down again, I find 5 more Fultons. I Fulton that guy, even as missiles are raining all around us.

Then another group lands, which I again ambush and Fulton. Another RPG to the helicopter breaks open the cockpit, and I snipe the pilots helmet off with the tranq pistol. A minute or two of exchanging missiles for tranq bullets, the sleeping pilot makes a near perfect landing. Chopper secured, along with 21 new recruits.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: September 13, 2015, 10:19:02 pm »

Awakening is not particularly hard on Normal difficulty. I got the final boss with my main character on the first turn.
Galeforce, am I right?

I'm definitely gonna be replaying it on Hard, though, maybe Lunatic, because you're right - Normal is way too easy.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: September 13, 2015, 10:38:41 pm »

Galeforce, am I right?

I'm definitely gonna be replaying it on Hard, though, maybe Lunatic, because you're right - Normal is way too easy.

Just... just grab yourself some DLC. Some of them are always set to Lunatic or Lunatic+ in difficulty. Galeforce goes from "game breakingly strong" to "pretty good", as it'll be practically required on every unit you can slap it on.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: September 14, 2015, 12:58:57 am »

There's a good reason I'm playing the game once for all my story needs/Waifuchoosing, and then another time for TACTICAL MARRIAGES
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: September 14, 2015, 07:50:06 am »

Galeforce, am I right?

No, just 2 attacks doubled to 4 because my avatar was using that sword that doubles your amount of hits.

Edit: Unless you meant getting to the final boss, which I did by pairing my avatar up with Cordelia, who did have Galeforce, and switched back when they got to the boss.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 07:51:59 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: September 14, 2015, 08:02:05 am »

Had a lot of trouble with the final boss on Extreme, so I decided to create a series of absolutely ridiculously overpowered, and very funny looking weapons and kick his teeth in within literally 20 seconds. I still use them now, it's simply hilarious to just watch soldiers fly everywhere, and be able to blow up anything with a single shot via ROCKET SHOTGUN.

"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: September 14, 2015, 05:53:05 pm »

The necromancer mummy shuffled along with his undead army.  Sadly, none of his servants have mastered the art of stairs, so he descended to the next dungeon level alone.

Gasp!  Immediately upon traversing the last step he could hear buzzing all around and the sickly scent of honey.  He had unwittingly discovered a hive of killer bees!  They immediately started to swarm and sting his fragile desiccated flesh as he shuffled as quickly as he could back up the stairs.

Three of the killer bees followed him, and were instantly engaged by the army waiting above.  There were causalities, but the three bee's were defeated.  Using his dark necromantic magics he raised them from the dead to be mindless zombies.  Down again he descends the stairs, only to flee again with more bee's poking at his bandages.  Once again they are defeated by the (now dwindling) army and once again he raises the corpses to fight again.

Another trip down, and before him buzzes the queen bee, more angry than anything he has ever seen.  Seeing the hate in its eyes he retreats back up the stairs, followed and attacked by the queen.  However, as the queen bee follows him up, she gazes upon the defiled zombie corpses of her children buzzing lifelessly in the air.  Hesitant, she hovers towards them, hoping beyond hope they would remember her as the queen and help her against this threat to the hive. 

The necromancer turns, and issues a single command.  "Kill".  The zombified bees charge and relentlessly attack the queen bee, who is stunned and horrified by this ultimate betrayal of her own children.  They repeatedly stab her to death with their enlarged stingers, feeling nothing.

The necromancer descends once more to the hive, and starts to collect the spoils.  Royal jelly!  More than any man could eat, he is overjoyed for a moment, until he remembers...

Mummies can't eat food.   >:(  >:(   :P

« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 05:56:54 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: September 14, 2015, 09:36:18 pm »

The necromancer mummy shuffled along with his undead army.  Sadly, none of his servants have mastered the art of stairs, so he descended to the next dungeon level alone.
Is it wrong that all I could think of after I read that was this? :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: September 14, 2015, 10:25:06 pm »

Dang it, I need to go get that game sometime.   :P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: September 15, 2015, 03:44:21 am »

This isn't the last time i own, but...
I got the Ancestoral Armor. After i killed the boss with chain lightning spam, i quickly escaped from the dungeon.

Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 709