Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292040 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5115 on: November 14, 2015, 02:03:46 am »

Killed Lil' Hunter in about half a second by using Yung Venuz' double shot to fire two super flak shots exactly where he landed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Edit: Lil' Hunter suicided right towards me and I batted him away with a lightning hammer.  I didn't even know that was possibleI then got killed by a palace generator explosion in 8-2, which I also did not know was possible.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 02:43:37 am by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5116 on: November 14, 2015, 03:30:23 am »

Been stuck on Bootleg Bay for 5 in-game hours, not because of difficulty mind you, but the layout of the map is absolutely horrible. Troops being stuck in water or behind rocks, troops not going after objectives, a dozen troops stuck shooting at a single enemy they had no chance of hitting. It's so bad that the Brownpants never even left their starting position and just sat around their base the whole time.

I already hit brigadier general, but I decided to not lead troops around and simply push through positions on my own. It worked all the way until now. As it was now, I was stuck on the bridge with all my troops stuck in some position out back while endless numbers of Graycollars poured out of area in front of me; I had a 331 killstreak going.

I decided enough was enough, I had 12,000+ RP; it's time to use it. Turned up the command limit to 10, called all sorts of airstrikes and paratroopers, and we went from floundering to complete victory in about 30 minutes.

That's not the own though, with the last Graycollar map completed, I went and took the final mission entry. It's a stealth mission where I have to destroy all the radio towers in a stronghold all by myself.

I've never done stealth in RWR, it's always been straight up urban/trench warfare with the enemies and friendlies dying in droves; thousands on all sides.

AI does not deal with stealth well.

Bootleg Bay:
Casualties:
Greenbelts (mine): 4000+
Graycollars: 6000+
Brownpants: 363 (They never left their base until after the Graycollars were finished)
RP cost: Mortar Strike x 4 (400RP), 8x Paratroopers X 6 (1200RP), Artillery Strike: 250 Total: 1850

Graycollar Final Mission:
All objectives destroyed, 163 kills, no deaths.
RP cost: Camosuit: 20RP, Binoculars: 1RP, MP5SD: 4RP, C4 x 6: 120RP, total:145

I could've been doing this the whole time?!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 03:37:16 am by Blaze »

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5117 on: November 14, 2015, 05:47:22 am »

This Cataclysm sounds like a Fun game. Haha, this is a good thread for recommendations.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5118 on: November 14, 2015, 06:27:11 am »

Blaze game pls ;_;

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: November 14, 2015, 09:39:06 am »

JFC blaze, you ALWAYS forget the game name, so:

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: November 14, 2015, 11:59:35 am »

the game blaze was playing is running with rifles due to the names of the dead. (green, gray, and brown are the teams)

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #5121 on: November 14, 2015, 09:09:25 pm »

I can wavedash, bitches!  wopwop now I wanna get that machball trick with Samus to work.

Super Smash Bros. Melee

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: November 14, 2015, 11:04:16 pm »

Traveling from Megaton to find dear old dad at the GNR station. I find the Super-Duper Mart at this point. Which sucks, because I got my ass handed to me by a random raider encounter not five minutes ago. But there's only one marker in front. I know there should be at least-- DEATHCLAW
To clarify, the wounded deathclaw with a broken leg from that one encounter. They're a lot less intimidating when they move at half speed and just stare directly at you like lost, angry, spiked puppies. Several clips of 10mm later its head explodes and I can technically say I killed a deathclaw alone at level 2.
Fallout 3
Black lives matter.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: November 14, 2015, 11:09:39 pm »

I can wavedash, bitches!  wopwop now I wanna get that machball trick with Samus to work.
Ah yes, the super wavedash. Crossing the entirety of final destination in a quarter of a second is indeed useful.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5124 on: November 15, 2015, 01:31:21 am »

Robbed Sierra Madre, for my final playthrough of this god damn game. Now, to Zion!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5125 on: November 15, 2015, 08:35:15 am »

Robbed Sierra Madre, for my final playthrough of this god damn game. Now, to Zion!

I did not enjoy the endless California apartment style in Sierra Madre. If I ever play through NV again, I'll probably skip going there.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5126 on: November 15, 2015, 10:42:09 am »

Ah yes, the super wavedash. Crossing the entirety of final destination in a quarter of a second is indeed useful.
iirc it's a frame perfect move that requires exactly perfect input to successfully pull it off on demand. That seems hard as hell to do outside of tool-assisted superplay.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: November 15, 2015, 11:50:06 am »

iirc it's a frame perfect move that requires exactly perfect input to successfully pull it off on demand. That seems hard as hell to do outside of tool-assisted superplay.
well... maybe I can learn to L-Cancel instead XD

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: November 15, 2015, 12:42:04 pm »

I spot the old man off the glint from his scope... but he spots me at the same time. I don't have time to line up a good shot on him with my Mk22, so I do the only thing I can.

I dig the needle out, kiss a Calorie-Mate and a pack of ramen goodbye, and I run straight at the grassy knoll he's sniping from. I take two shots from him but keep running.

Not having time to line up a good shot at point blank, I just kick the hell out of him.

After he runs away, I track his footsteps to Sokrovenno South, and spot him looking the opposite direction sitting in a patch of grass.

Just in time to stop him praying to the forest, I load up my tranq gun and fire one last shot.

Goodbye, The End. Good fight, you crazy old man.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5129 on: November 15, 2015, 01:09:13 pm »

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Enjoy it while it lasts, once you switch up to 4 it no longer exists. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 709