Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289471 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5865 on: April 18, 2016, 03:34:48 pm »

Defeated a boss in my first attempt using only one Estus Flask during the entire fight.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Honestly, the Gargoyles and Capra Demon are, as far as I can tell, designed to wreck newer players and encourage them to try co-op. Capra Demon never really stops being hella robust, but the Gargoyles go down really quickly to any non-physical damage. Ornstein and SMOUGH are also always a fun time. Always. It is inevitable. And fucking Pinwheel is the most bullshit boss ever with all the goddamn clones. Makes the Catacombs a living nightmare.
I don't know why, but pinwheel felt like a breather boss to me.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5866 on: April 18, 2016, 07:48:16 pm »

Yea seriously?  Pinwheel?  Every DS1 run I ever did pinwheel was down in 3 or 4 hits.  The games I played duo with someone else was even worse, I've seen him die before even getting an attack off he's that much of a pushover.  He just has way to little defense, or way to little hp, or way too little of both.

I can say with 100% confidence that I have never died to pinwheel.  The wheel skeletons before him are harder than he is.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 07:52:18 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #5867 on: April 18, 2016, 08:50:16 pm »

The first time I killed pinwheel I was a little surprised when he didn't respawn. Though, the Pinwheel Servants later on are obnoxious.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: April 18, 2016, 09:15:28 pm »

Defeated a boss in my first attempt using only one Estus Flask during the entire fight.

Honestly, the Gargoyles and Capra Demon are, as far as I can tell, designed to wreck newer players and encourage them to try co-op. Capra Demon never really stops being hella robust, but the Gargoyles go down really quickly to any non-physical damage. Ornstein and SMOUGH are also always a fun time. Always. It is inevitable. And fucking Pinwheel is the most bullshit boss ever with all the goddamn clones. Makes the Catacombs a living nightmare.
I don't know why, but pinwheel felt like a breather boss to me.

shush i'm trying to create an anticlimax when they run into him later and find out he's pathetic

Although I did actually die to him once, because his clone sucker punched me while the real Pinwheel was dying.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5869 on: April 21, 2016, 12:23:39 pm »

Oh what's that Ikko Ikki? You're twice my size and have about 4k men to my measly 2k? Wait, lemme just apply my super ninja. Oh there we go, two generals and a daimyo dead in three turns, that'll teach you. Oh wait, lemme just buy your last general off of you, you won't be needing any leadership for that rabble. Then the doomstack moves into my territory during winter, oh wait, I can also lock them in place with my ninja, here let's do that and attrition them down some.

While all that was fun and greatly helped, I still need to fight about 3600 men, luckily they don't have any leaders so routing most of them should be an option, especially since they're for the most part Ashigaru while I have a bunch of Samurai.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: April 21, 2016, 01:23:43 pm »

Oh what's that Ikko Ikki? You're twice my size and have about 4k men to my measly 2k? Wait, lemme just apply my super ninja. Oh there we go, two generals and a daimyo dead in three turns, that'll teach you. Oh wait, lemme just buy your last general off of you, you won't be needing any leadership for that rabble. Then the doomstack moves into my territory during winter, oh wait, I can also lock them in place with my ninja, here let's do that and attrition them down some.

While all that was fun and greatly helped, I still need to fight about 3600 men, luckily they don't have any leaders so routing most of them should be an option, especially since they're for the most part Ashigaru while I have a bunch of Samurai.

Total War: Shogun 2 (or whatever way it goes round) it sounds like, should anyone be interested.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5871 on: April 22, 2016, 03:58:27 am »

Not an easy feat, since Geth are probably the most difficult enemies in the game besides the Collectors themselves. Probably not helped by the fact that I was trying to use my AI Hacking skill on the big ones when I should have just been concerned with taking them down :P

Mass Effect 2
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: April 23, 2016, 01:10:52 pm »

Playing Malfurion, a support character. Decided "fuck it" and picked only damage talents. Proceeded to wreck faces, to the point where actual assassin heroes, like Kerrigan, were running from me.

Noobs Heroes of the Storm
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5873 on: April 23, 2016, 05:43:13 pm »

During the dark predawn hours, I was scouting a moderate distance away from my base, looking to explore a new area, preferably for some food until the crops come in.

Just in case, I had Safe Mode turned on just in case anything showed up, and my Night Vision ability would alert me from much further away. Turns out, I was ambushed. By a pack of wolves.

A short while later, I packed all the meat, bones, and stomachs into my wheelbarrow and strolled away. They only managed two (minor) hits while I shredded them with my reinforced steel spear.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5874 on: April 23, 2016, 09:11:23 pm »

I'm just gonna spend some time tempting fate right here. :P

In my current DnD (Pathfinder Rules) game; We have a Monk, a Hunter (With ALL the pets), and myself the Fighter/Sorcerer.

While the Monk is frontline and the Hunter backline, I fit a weird Jack-of-all Trades position normally taken by a Bard or Paladin. My spells are heavy on support, my AC is rather good, and my weapons are fairly hard hitting with my high strength... I DO however, have the lowest HP of the whole party.

Over the course of the campaign, I have been reduced to -7 HP three separate times without dying. (I have 8 Constitution so that is the lowest in negatives I can go before dying.) I've been blown up by a fireball, Blown up by a Master Chymist who killed himself after I stunned him while he did Weird Science, and fallen through 3 floors of an Inn with my weight and combined gear coming in at over 500 lbs most of the time causing so much falling damage after a teleport spell.

Everytime I have survived, everytime I have been brought back... And we're almost at the 'final boss' for the campaign... Whos ready for round 4 of surviving with 1 HP? XP
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5875 on: April 23, 2016, 09:19:53 pm »

May all your rolls be crits.

P. S. Think of forum gamessss.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: April 24, 2016, 12:07:54 am »

It took some savescumming, but everyting does - Breventovitch was 58 and ready to fall over at a moment's notice.
After four deaths and five daughters, on the fifth reload of the past three years, one of his three concubines finally gave him a son to inherit the throne and continue the game.
Time to throw away the concubines before it happens again.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: April 24, 2016, 01:38:49 am »

It took some savescumming, but everyting does - Breventovitch was 58 and ready to fall over at a moment's notice.
After four deaths and five daughters, on the fifth reload of the past three years, one of his three concubines finally gave him a son to inherit the throne and continue the game.
Time to throw away the concubines before it happens again.

If you'll excuse me the incredulity, how long into the game was this?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: April 24, 2016, 04:09:17 pm »

I started to train my parrying skills using a parrying dagger. Turns out that I never managed to do it before because I didn't know just how much it matters to use a small shield or a dagger instead of a larger shield. Been doing pretty good so far, parrying is one of those things that, once you get not completely terrible at it, makes many things much easier, though it does take some practice.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: April 24, 2016, 05:58:36 pm »

If you'll excuse me the incredulity, how long into the game was this?
[/quote]
Just before the Viking Age begins. The ruler of  (a three county block next to Kiev) starts out relatively old and childless, and I hadn't worried about it until then.
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 709