Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292554 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5940 on: May 01, 2016, 03:44:19 pm »

Got caught up in a massive battle in a player-made NC base somewhere in our territory. I snuck through a small gap in the walls(possibly the main entrance?), dodged enemy fire, ran up to the HIVE, planted a C4, a pressed the detonator.

Then, for the entire continent to see: "The New Conglomerate core in <I forget where, it's SE of East Substation, near Mulac I think> has been claimed by AkuraThDB"(that is my username there).

I immediately died, but managed to kill my attacker as well.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5941 on: May 01, 2016, 04:15:53 pm »

Killed the Gaping Dragon on, I believe, my fourth try (second without summoning Solaire oR Lautrec, although that was because their signs disappeared for whatever reason.) It went fairly well, especially because I had Combustion and 14 Firebombs from farming Undead Burg through Undead Parish, essentially meaning about 1,000 free damage each.
And, contrary to my earlier statements, I didn't shieldturtle. Shieldturtling will kill you, I've noticed.

Dark Souls
Black lives matter.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5942 on: May 01, 2016, 04:18:22 pm »

War Thunder Ground Forces as a Panzer III

I played the holy game of peek-a-boom with five enemy tans all at once and popped four before taking a hit. Then I killed the fifth guy and then a StuG that crept around behind me ended up immobilising me, so I called an arty strike on my dying tank, and lo and behold the StuG took cover behind by tank, promptly taken out.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #5943 on: May 01, 2016, 05:48:22 pm »

Killing Pulaski was one of the most satisfying experiences I had in a GTA game, especially after losing in a toe-to-toe fight previously.

Granted, blowing up his car with the heat seeking rocket launcher isn't exactly the most honorable way to do it, but considering both how twisted (he wanted to have sex with CJ's sis, and cracked jokes on how messed up CJ's mom was when she was killed) and stupid (he was trying to drive his car up toward me... while I was standing ON A CLIFF FACE) he was...

Well, I couldn't have felt more satisfied.

Blowing up his car (again) and corpse with the satchel charges was also pretty fun, as well as seeing the chain reaction from a few other cars that got too close.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5944 on: May 01, 2016, 11:39:24 pm »

I just knew there was going to be a turn around on the prices of metal items! Muahahahahhaa, I made Recette the richest girl in the entire land after gouging so many items at 300% value!

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5945 on: May 02, 2016, 12:27:51 am »

I just knew there was going to be a turn around on the prices of metal items! Muahahahahhaa, I made Recette the richest girl in the entire land after gouging so many items at 300% value!

And then the next loan payment comes in and you are back to having no money again.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5946 on: May 02, 2016, 04:35:40 am »

The enemy team was advancing on our spawn from the right. I (somehow) made a brilliant last stand, destroying three of the enemy before I was overran myself. Surprisingly, the thermoptic barrier actually worked and kept me hidden and protected from the enemy while I tried to pick them off, as they were distracted on another front.

Ghost in the Shell: First Assault. Having not played a CoD-style online shooter before, I'm finding it a surprisingly fun experience.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5947 on: May 02, 2016, 09:19:41 am »

Black Forest Koreans are strong. Maybe too strong, certainly pre-expansions. I pulled a flawless fast castle into mangonels, by the time the walls were down I had two castles backing them with war wagons, and the game was essentially decided right then and there.

I honestly can't think of a good counter tothe WW/Onager combo. Trash are shredded by the onagers and/or the wagons (including hussars), archers are a non-starter, infantry really suffer trying to get close, and heavy cavalry are pricey enough that I'm happy to go full Imperial Guard to take them out. Other siege are outranged (except trebuchets and bombards; the former are erratic, and the latter don't have enough of an edge), and building just melt.

AoE II: HD.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #5948 on: May 02, 2016, 10:22:48 am »

Black Forest Koreans are strong. Maybe too strong, certainly pre-expansions. I pulled a flawless fast castle into mangonels, by the time the walls were down I had two castles backing them with war wagons, and the game was essentially decided right then and there.

I honestly can't think of a good counter tothe WW/Onager combo. Trash are shredded by the onagers and/or the wagons (including hussars), archers are a non-starter, infantry really suffer trying to get close, and heavy cavalry are pricey enough that I'm happy to go full Imperial Guard to take them out. Other siege are outranged (except trebuchets and bombards; the former are erratic, and the latter don't have enough of an edge), and building just melt.

AoE II: HD.
War Wagons are freaking expensive so eco raiding comes to mind, but on Black Forest? No real chance of that. If it were me I would probably try to just buy even more onagers.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5949 on: May 02, 2016, 11:46:27 am »

Not a counter; Korean onagers outrange them, and war wagons are too tanky for it to necessarily be a good way of clearing them out. It might situationally work, but I doubt it.

Huskarls are about the best option, outside of the expansions. And of course, to do that you gotta be Goths.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #5950 on: May 02, 2016, 12:08:38 pm »

Not a counter; Korean onagers outrange them-
Not if your opponent is also Korean. :v

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5951 on: May 02, 2016, 12:45:13 pm »

Not a counter; Korean onagers outrange them-
Not if your opponent is also Korean. :v

Well, yeah. But at that point finding a counter is moot because you can match, which is what you're describing.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5952 on: May 02, 2016, 08:43:45 pm »

Utterly wrecked Argoniel and Elandar. I never got below 3/4s health during the entire fight. In summary, the new Doomed skill tree is utterly ridiculous. It gives you Archmage level burst from decent range as well as some iffier damage mitigation stuff. Having really absurd resistances to most elements and immunity to stuns helped a lot too. This is in stark contract to the LAST Doomed I play, who fizzled about a quarter of the way into the fight.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5953 on: May 02, 2016, 09:37:42 pm »

Finished the Iron Golem, got to Anor Londo, took out three sentinels without dying (ditto for the gargoyles, even got a shield and helmet out of it), and am currently reking Ariamis.
I do feel a constant foreboding of Ornstein and Smough, though.

Dark Souls
Black lives matter.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5954 on: May 03, 2016, 12:17:24 am »

super londo bros
the dynamic duo
DRAKE AND JOSH
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 709