Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292549 times)

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7620 on: June 06, 2017, 05:09:03 pm »

Technically I owned even if nothing survived.

Flooded most of the map with liquefied coal in Oxygen Not Included. So much of the stuff infact that I managed to freeze the entire game. I laughed while the wave of liquid death melted everything. Sand, rock, metal and critters. Actually turned a lot of it into gas too. Wouldn't recommend inhaling the rock gas though given its liquid form is magma.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7621 on: June 06, 2017, 07:24:17 pm »

Flooded most of the map with liquefied coal in Oxygen Not Included. So much of the stuff infact that I managed to freeze the entire game. I laughed while the wave of liquid death melted everything. Sand, rock, metal and critters. Actually turned a lot of it into gas too. Wouldn't recommend inhaling the rock gas though given its liquid form is magma.

Did YOU survive? Because then I would say that everything important did in fact survive, and this is a 100% victory.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #7622 on: June 06, 2017, 08:29:46 pm »

Mission was one of those fight over a single point ones, so of course everyone was focused on one point. The problem: this point was smack dab in an open field. There was cover in the point, but the problem was getting to it. Neither team could advance and anyone that tried got shot for their trouble. However: the point was far on the West side of the map. I took a weaker but faster tank, and drove around to the East. I managed a semi-circle, ending up right behind their front line, the main ones keeping my team bogged down: a group of tank destroyers. I like to imagine it from their perspective: sniping at some idiots trying to advance, keeping people off the point. They go out into third person view to get a better look around and see a cannon poking onto the screen, and their minimap doesn't show any allies next to them. Surprise, [expletive deleted].

Turns out, it doesn't matter that your tank is a full tier lower than their's if you get right up behind them before you fire a High Explosive Armor Piercing round right into their ammunition.

I took out three of them before they realized I was there, and a fourth for good measure before I got blown to bits by a heavy tank, but we had time to capture the point and from there, the stalemate just meant they couldn't get close enough to recapture it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7623 on: June 06, 2017, 08:54:21 pm »

This was a little while ago, but I was in an extremely heated firefight, I was very low on health, around 20% I would say. Had my trusty missile launcher "Big Bertha" along for the trip, but "No, that would be a waste of ammo." I thought.

Until "Rise and Prevail" by good ol' Inon Zur began playing, and I had a critical saved back... So I said "FUCK IT." and blew every single person up. Having been thoroughly drenched in the blood of my enemies, I emerged victorious yet again!

Criticals are fun.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7624 on: June 06, 2017, 10:50:31 pm »

It sounds like that game has come a very very long way in the short couple of months since I last played it.

My own own.
Disgaea 5. Lv 25.  Fighting [redacted mouse over to view] for the first time.  He is 10 levels above me and super duper hyped as Mr Unstoppable badass.  Fight starts, it's Just him vs my entire team.

He can't hurt my armor knight.  She's 10 levels lower than him and HE CAN'T HURT HER.  I must have done something right if I created a character that can't be hurt by someone much higher level and armed to the teeth.  And I thought defenses were supposed to be worthless in this series.  I think that counts as an own.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7625 on: June 06, 2017, 11:34:27 pm »

Spoiler: Everything Burns (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aftermath (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 11:49:44 pm by Blaze »

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7626 on: June 07, 2017, 05:19:19 am »

It sounds like that game has come a very very long way in the short couple of months since I last played it.

Well I was using debug commands. You can however cause a lot of problems with superheated water but getting the temperature high enough to melt rock would also melt whatever was raising the temperature far sooner.

I technically survived because I wasn't directly present.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7627 on: June 07, 2017, 10:12:59 am »

Well, now you can farm bees.

And it'll be a while before you starve--wait. Does honey actually go bad in Don't Starve?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7628 on: June 07, 2017, 10:55:07 am »

It takes 40 days to rot, but it does.
Black lives matter.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7629 on: June 08, 2017, 10:50:55 pm »

Acquired the "FOX" emblem and rank.

Also took down some Skulls and saved my men from a horrific parasite at the same time.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #7630 on: June 09, 2017, 03:11:01 am »

Cleared my way to Sloan with my silenced 45 Auto Pistol and a Hunting Shotgun. Really simple, shoot at a lonely Deathclaw and then run away from it.
The Deathclaw will try to find that cocky bastard who decided to shoot from the pistol, then when the Deathclaw discovers you, you shoot at it with your best shotgun in hopes that the Deathclaw will be knocked down. Yes, you need "And Stay Back" perk for it to work, otherwise you're dead.

Fallout: New Vegas.

Also, shall I create "facepalm moments thread" for this particular sub-forum? Because I got a minor one in the same game.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7631 on: June 09, 2017, 05:22:00 am »

You could put it in the death thread; people use it for failures that don't actually always involve dying, so.
Black lives matter.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7632 on: June 09, 2017, 12:42:57 pm »

Cleared my way to Sloan with my silenced 45 Auto Pistol and a Hunting Shotgun. Really simple, shoot at a lonely Deathclaw and then run away from it.
The Deathclaw will try to find that cocky bastard who decided to shoot from the pistol, then when the Deathclaw discovers you, you shoot at it with your best shotgun in hopes that the Deathclaw will be knocked down. Yes, you need "And Stay Back" perk for it to work, otherwise you're dead.

Fallout: New Vegas.

Also, shall I create "facepalm moments thread" for this particular sub-forum? Because I got a minor one in the same game.

I've been a fan of stealing the powder gangers' charges and crippling deathclaw legs with em' for those early xp kills.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7633 on: June 09, 2017, 10:02:56 pm »

After several attempts (literally) crashed and (figuratively) burned, and after a desperate run back to base for a few more engines worth of materials after overloading my lift capacity... I've finally succeeded at assembling an atmospheric miner. Five mining drills pointing straight down, with the rest of the ship resting atop them and engines surrounding the periphery, with the goal of the entire ship fitting into the drilling pattern of the drills below. The result is a ship that can drill into the surface of the planet, then continue floating down into its own borehole until I reach the juicy ores below, before finally flying straight back out with a full load of metal.

And best of all, this was done entirely with a standard Survival start. Between this super-efficient miner and a fully-functional outpost, I'm nearly ready to assemble a proper spaceship and get off this planet!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7634 on: June 10, 2017, 10:12:28 am »

Killed the Viper King in the first mission after his introduction, while the bastard tried to escape.

XCOM2
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 709