Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292711 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7710 on: July 05, 2017, 10:32:34 pm »

Went in to the last level of Durlag's Keep and the dreaded Demonknight that had just wiped the floor with a band of adventurers immediately prior to me.  I was all set for the massive battle royale that would ensue, buffed to the gills and ready for buttkicking and goodness.  I forgot, however, that I had given Xan some Darts of Stunning to use.  Xan popped off a natural 20 on the hit, the Demonknight flubbed the save, and I simply went up and stabbed it until it died.  Problem solved, and the world is saved from a vile force of darkness that planned on using the Keep as its base for a reign of terror.  We might have to jazz it up a bit for the bards, though; I'm not entirely certain shanking the black knight while he can't move is entirely...glorious.

"But what about Aec..."
"The. World. Is. Saved. La la la I can't hear you."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 10:35:06 pm by Culise »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7711 on: July 05, 2017, 10:43:45 pm »

Dead Money: All gold bars were stolen from the vault.
...How?
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7712 on: July 05, 2017, 10:54:54 pm »

I know one way is to have a gib of some sort with you like a head, put all the gold bars in the gib's inventory, then grab and drag the head out since you still move at normal speed that way, then right before you leave take them out of the head's inventory. I'm not sure if that's how Croc did it, but it is a way.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #7713 on: July 06, 2017, 12:05:46 am »

Dead Money: All gold bars were stolen from the vault.
...How?

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7714 on: July 06, 2017, 05:22:22 pm »

Stealth-shanked an Uruk guarding some slaves. The slaves ran, and another Uruk on the floor above came to investigate. As he jumped down a ladder, the last thing he saw, probably in the same slow-motion I saw him, was my bow at his face as he fell.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #7715 on: July 06, 2017, 06:11:00 pm »

Dying shuffles things around and levels up whoever killed you (this includes bog standard uruks and orcs - if you get killed by a mook, they're a captain now) - to a point, you are expected to die. You could probably take advantage of it and level up a captain so you can get a better reward out of killing them.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7716 on: July 07, 2017, 10:52:04 am »

Been replaying old Desktop Dungeon freeware and as i had removed it long time ago , i had lost all of the unlocks.

And wow i didn't remembered on how some of the challenges for some of them were insane, requiring much more luck than the normal dungeon to have the correct altars to get along the character/class required and early access to some spells/specific enemy to levelup fast without wasting too much of the fog (as it is helpfull to refill health and mana, so exploring too much to find what is needed and you'll not have enough fog to refill when needed).

That was the case of the Factory challenge that to unlock the last 2 classes had a requirement of completing it with a Wizard.
I didn't remembered how i did before as it's been so many years, so after checking a big of the internet, i found the best setup.

And so my elven wizard went at it, again, and again ... and again so many times, until finally luck was on my side and i had the best setup and finally unlocked those Crusader and Tinker on that same win.

still need a few races to unlock and i'm done again with this game for a couple of years.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 10:54:14 am by Robsoie »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7717 on: July 07, 2017, 11:09:17 am »

You should possibly consider buying the full game.  It adds a ton of content and depth compared to the free one while still being about the same game.  Also it has real graphics.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7718 on: July 07, 2017, 12:34:14 pm »

Got burned out of it by playing way too much of it years ago , not going to go play more of the same but with prettier graphics.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7719 on: July 08, 2017, 03:25:02 pm »

I finally got one final Rathalos Ruby, allowing me to complete my Rathalos Soul set that's been in the making for like half a year now.

Desire Sensor, begone!
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7720 on: July 08, 2017, 04:14:24 pm »

Sniper Elite 4, mission 8.
The whole facility is silent aside from explosions, and I go to kill the big cheese, had to sprint to get into position and as such had no ability to hold my breath. So I fired on a guess with no aim assist aside from being zeroed to 100m and then, Kill Cam, apparently I hit the engine intake. He never got off the ground.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7721 on: July 09, 2017, 08:28:26 pm »

Wielding the mighty axe of an ancient king of the Nords, I walked into an orphanage and jammed it into the backside of the old woman running it, in full view of the children.

They cheered. She was kind of a massive bitch.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7722 on: July 09, 2017, 11:23:14 pm »

Wielding the mighty axe of an ancient king of the Nords, I walked into an orphanage and jammed it into the backside of the old woman running it, in full view of the children.

They cheered. She was kind of a massive bitch.

I don't think anyone likes her.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7723 on: July 10, 2017, 10:17:54 am »

I remember there being some gaming article that attempted to defend her, but I can't find it.  Instead I got reminded of...

I'm mostly seeing mod discussion about making the assistant not freak out at all (which seems a bit odd).  Or in a couple of creepy cases, making Grelod even worse.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7724 on: July 10, 2017, 11:03:10 am »

I can understand the assistant(who takes over the orphanage afterwards - and lets you adopt if you want) freaking out if you brutally murder Grelod. She's actually a good person who tries to protect the children.

Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 709