Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 661 662 [663] 664 665 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292752 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9930 on: October 08, 2020, 05:54:55 am »

Successfully built a base so far.

Chose to settle on Howler's Maze since it's only got crabs, which are slow as hell. They're an annoyance with their constant patrols through the settlement, but I'll have a wall up soon to keep them out. I've had one raid from some Reavers. I hid on the roof of my shack until they "left", which is to say they all stopped responding inside said shack. After that cleanup was trivial, and after a few were out they all left.

Farming's getting set up, I can't grow riceweed or cactus but whatever, I can live on meatwraps and foodcubes. This is going to make a great base of operations for my future overthrowing of the Holy Nations and United Cities.

Kenshi
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9931 on: October 08, 2020, 11:24:05 am »

I built two Activated Indium Outposts. 40 million units per 10 hours in real time. And growing as I add storage/output.

The Game That Shall Not Be Named.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9932 on: October 08, 2020, 01:08:14 pm »

And what would that be
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9933 on: October 08, 2020, 01:20:46 pm »

Oh yeah, I guess the No Man's Sky thread had a lot of drama back in early access release?  I forgot about that.

I don't have time for a proper story but...  It's been intensely satisfying to roll up to Humanist villas with proper weapons. 
Originally I had to make a careful approach in the dark of night, scouting out their armored car and trying to disable it with single use LASS launchers.  Then clear the building by hand, trying not to get flanked with our flak vests and, heh, tower shields.

Nowadays I can just roll up and minigun the genocidal fucks with several hundred pounds of hullmetal rounds.  Goes through walls, floors, and Nazi cosplayers~
As for the armored car, one of my human allies pilots a fricken mecha with a vulcan cannon, which she uses to thoroughly disavow.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Urist McSpike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9934 on: October 08, 2020, 09:04:48 pm »

Battletech

Recent purchase, started playing the campaign.  Story missions advance the story, but you can run around doing other random missions for money, xp & loot.  I'm pretty early, only a couple of story missions along (just found out the identity of my backer).  Anyhoo..

Random mission - Clash of Titans.  They detected an assault mech (80-100 ton range) powering up, and then another assault also powering up nearby.  Your mission is to go in, bait them into fighting each other, then clean up the leftovers.  Negotiate for max salvage, and go in with my lance consisting of 55, 50, 45 & 35 ton mechs.  I end up getting a complete set of 3/3 salvage for a 100 ton Atlas...
I mean, look at us.  You give us a young child and a puppy, and we produce, possibly, one of the biggest sins against nature the game has ever seen.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9935 on: October 10, 2020, 06:54:59 am »

First time in Zorbus i managed to kill that kobold tribe leader, i guess my character is much more promising than my previous ones.
It was a very fun battle, my old hippofolk pal unfortunately died, but managed to tame/recruit a lion (that died) , an elephant (that died) and a gorilla (that survived) all helped in the big scale battle i was in.

Running away a lot to hide and recover, closing doors, setting chokepoint to avoid getting overwhelmed (there was a couple of chaman roaming around that were summoning animals to help them).

But finally we fought and destroyed them all, clearing this 2nd floor (and getting some very good loot, no wonder that kobold tribe leader was the bane of many of my previous characters),

We even managed to discover a hidden room that ended a bit disapointing in term of loot.

Entered a portal to the trading plane and could only buy 2 healing potion (as i was out of them) as everything awesome in the shops are too expensive at my level of finances.

But i recruited a warrior on that plane before going back to the dungeon and going to floor 3, we're both level 3 and less squishy than our usual, hopefully it's going to get better for our survival.

The game is really one of the best roguelike as it feels "alive" with rooms that seems to have each a story behind them and the AI is actually great, they talk, banter , they can be afraid for their life when things do not go their way and run away, they're not in a boring "everyone vs the player" situation and can duke it out between themselves.

edit :
lost allies, gained other, the battle with the goblin king and his lackeys was very hard but with good use of shadows we could finally pick them one after another , then run away to rest and come back, until only the goblin king was standing.

He was hard but my rapier of cold was harder.
This battle with the goblins nearly felt like an epic boss fight situation , and it's only the 3 floor of the dungeon :D

edit more :
my character reached level 5 (a very first for me in Zorbus) , was disapointed that the skill point i added in melee opened new talents , but i didn't had any talent point to get any of them, looks like i'll have to wait for level 6 to get one.

Anyways, after some battle in a large prison-like area, found a new ally as i was alone (lost many good people and animals so far) .
With the precious help of that unicorn murder machine we managed to destroy a Hobgoblin warlord with his troops using lot of hit and run (the unicorn covered my retreat nicely every time, i wonder how he survived the whole ordeal), rest away and attract enemy to convenient places.

Hopefully after all the loot, now that i am very well equipped i should keep that character alive for more floors
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 11:07:32 am by Robsoie »

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9936 on: October 11, 2020, 05:46:28 pm »

Successfully defended against the Reavers. Given they send a lot of men and are pretty well trained (even if their armour and weapons are relatively shit) this is an accomplishment. I got half of them using my 6 MKII harpoon turrets before they even breached the gate. The harpoons made a mess of all the ranged guys, my men took out a few more (they're mostly untrained, so they weren't going to splatter them), everyone but the turret guys got knocked out and they went for the watchtowers, but because the two towers are opposite each other they can actually shoot at targets on the others roof, so the four or so remaining reavers got splattered. Had to deal with the occasional one that'd wake up, but that was easy enough.

Couple of my guys got enslaved, but they were freed before the raiders even left town. Had to redistribute all the stolen weapons which was annoying and they can't go into civilisation until the slave status wears off, but on the whole it was incredibly successful.

Kenshi

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9937 on: October 12, 2020, 09:48:59 am »

Some Zorbus progress

I knew it would be worth it to gain more level (and so have an ally gaining more too), better equipment and come back to finally fight those 2 crazy women that were too overpowered at the floor they were when i ran into them, they killed many of my allies when i was trying to come back once a while thinking a new level was enough, and it was not.

And it was worth it going back to fight them, even if it costed us some good potions, because on Marabellix i found
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 09:50:53 am by Robsoie »

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9938 on: October 13, 2020, 06:29:13 am »

Started a new game because I installed a fair few mods.

Doing an anti-slaver run again since my last one ended prematurely. I've captured slavemaster Grande and shoved him into a cage in Spring. It took an hour and a half IRL of kiting and shooting with my eagle's cross, it depleted all of my ammo, and I only got away because my last shot was enough to cripple the final guy so he couldn't keep up as I made off with his employer, but he's out now.

Kenshi

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9939 on: October 14, 2020, 03:50:34 pm »

I fought my enemies drunk. As a result, Dionysus blessed my journey, leading me to my first escape with the spear.

The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9940 on: October 15, 2020, 07:58:29 pm »

Fired an arrow at an enemy heavy infantry wielding two swords. The arrow deflected off one of the swords, and nailed a pikeman behind him in the head.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9941 on: October 22, 2020, 10:37:39 pm »

Casual boost ship run ended with the last shot in the last fight dealing a bit over 1400 damage (i.e. enough damage to kill the final boss like two or three times over) to the poor drone that was lingering after I one-shot the final boss from full health/shields and then did the same to their starting ally. Boost deck can get pretty crazy :P

Game's For the Warp.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9942 on: October 23, 2020, 05:30:45 pm »

I got my first kill against a magma crab in Qud (last time I got very far, you could do most of the game without great equipment). I found a flawless crysteel (second best material in the game?) hat to replace my current one, for a gain of 1 armor, and 3 less penalty to dodge (which will help me get that back to positive). I also found a crysteel mace, but my cyborg hand bones are still slightly better and have no weight (I think), and some other nice stuff to trade to shopkeepers.

Battletech

Recent purchase, started playing the campaign.  Story missions advance the story, but you can run around doing other random missions for money, xp & loot.  I'm pretty early, only a couple of story missions along (just found out the identity of my backer).  Anyhoo..

Random mission - Clash of Titans.  They detected an assault mech (80-100 ton range) powering up, and then another assault also powering up nearby.  Your mission is to go in, bait them into fighting each other, then clean up the leftovers.  Negotiate for max salvage, and go in with my lance consisting of 55, 50, 45 & 35 ton mechs.  I end up getting a complete set of 3/3 salvage for a 100 ton Atlas...

The Atlas is good at being big, and also has a lot of options for different ranged attacks. The downside is you always have 1 weapon in good range, and usually one in okay range.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9943 on: October 23, 2020, 08:07:11 pm »

It's an excellent scout mech, too.
Black lives matter.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile