Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you most like to see next from LFR?

More tech tree!
- 36 (26.1%)
More ritual tree!
- 8 (5.8%)
More lore!
- 12 (8.7%)
More mythical weapons/armor!
- 22 (15.9%)
Plagues!
- 28 (20.3%)
More secrets!
- 21 (15.2%)
More mechanical constructs!
- 11 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 240

Author Topic: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.21a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]  (Read 385160 times)

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.20b *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]
« Reply #3270 on: July 09, 2013, 11:58:15 pm »

Yeah, LFR fortress is good. Who wants to start it up? I will if no one else will  :)

And uhm, Narhiril, wanna join in the succession fort?  :)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: July 10, 2013, 07:55:43 am »

Yeah, LFR fortress is good. Who wants to start it up? I will if no one else will  :)

And uhm, Narhiril, wanna join in the succession fort?  :)

Why not?  :)

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: July 12, 2013, 03:08:29 pm »

In the winter of their first year, the 22 dwarves of Anvilthrowers were besieged by Shedim, and utterly destroyed.

Are Shedim really supposed to perform a siege when you've only got 22 dwarves?  That seems a bit cruel.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: July 12, 2013, 03:10:38 pm »

They come in smaller numbers first, then larger sieges. They can often come in the first half of the second year if close by. They have no immunities whatsoever to cage traps, though.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: July 12, 2013, 03:27:29 pm »

They can often come in the first half of the second year if close by.

Well, now we know that they can come in the second half of the first year, too.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: July 12, 2013, 04:32:39 pm »

They can often come in the first half of the second year if close by.

Well, now we know that they can come in the second half of the first year, too.

By chance, did you have unusually high wealth?  Possibly even through the vileness of a pre-existing map 'feature' or such?  Wealth can trigger stuff too.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: July 12, 2013, 06:04:50 pm »

My wealth was higher than normal (for me) for that time period.  There was one artifact, a wooden thingy worth about 4800.  I think the total wealth was somewhere between 20k and 25k, but I'm not certain.  I also had an unusually large number of migrants in those first two waves (hence the population of 22).

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: July 13, 2013, 09:08:07 am »

I just stumbled across #0006334: Creatures, including dwarves, born in the fortress do not grow to full adult size.

DFHack fixes are available: Ruby version, Lua version.  The Ruby version appears to be the more polished of the two.

Wait, was this bug always there? Ugh, that sure kills immersion.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: July 14, 2013, 03:15:09 pm »

The manual says:
Create overgrown pedestals - takes 1 stone and 1 plant, produces an overgrown pedestal.

But the game actually grabs 5 stones and up to 2 stacks(*) of plants.

The raws say:
[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_NATURE_SHRINE_COMP]
[NAME:pedestal:pedestals]
[ADJECTIVE:overgrown]
[VALUE:20]
[HARD_MAT]
[TILE:9]
[SIZE:50000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:5]

and

[REACTION:SHRINE_COMP_TWO]
[NAME:fabricate overgrown pedestal]
[BUILDING:TEMPLE_CONSTRUCT_LFR:CUSTOM_P]
[REAGENT:A:5:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:NONE][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY]
[REAGENT:B:2:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_NATURE_SHRINE_COMP:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[SKILL:STONECRAFT]

(*)If the first stack it grabs has >= 2 plants in it, then it doesn't need a second stack.  If the first stack has 1 plant, it'll grab a second stack.  If the second stack has >= 2 plants, then the extras will not be used up by the reaction.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 03:22:45 pm by greycat »

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: July 14, 2013, 11:55:46 pm »

The manual says:
Create overgrown pedestals - takes 1 stone and 1 plant, produces an overgrown pedestal.

But the game actually grabs 5 stones and up to 2 stacks(*) of plants.

The raws say:
[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_NATURE_SHRINE_COMP]
[NAME:pedestal:pedestals]
[ADJECTIVE:overgrown]
[VALUE:20]
[HARD_MAT]
[TILE:9]
[SIZE:50000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:5]

and

[REACTION:SHRINE_COMP_TWO]
[NAME:fabricate overgrown pedestal]
[BUILDING:TEMPLE_CONSTRUCT_LFR:CUSTOM_P]
[REAGENT:A:5:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:NONE][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY]
[REAGENT:B:2:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_NATURE_SHRINE_COMP:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[SKILL:STONECRAFT]

(*)If the first stack it grabs has >= 2 plants in it, then it doesn't need a second stack.  If the first stack has 1 plant, it'll grab a second stack.  If the second stack has >= 2 plants, then the extras will not be used up by the reaction.

Nice catch, that's a manual error.  Fixed for next version.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: July 16, 2013, 04:22:37 pm »

The dwarves of Fordedsabres don't always have the best luck.

In the spring of 131, the fortress was visited by Ovexirit Numediumsacrexi, the Minotaur Child.  The civilians were ordered inside, while the marksdwarves were ordered to take positions on the walls.  The Minotaur approached from the southeast, and nimbly dodged all the bolts that were fired at it, as it made its way toward the open drawbridge in the northern wall.

As the guest approached, it alarmed a Zinger which was pastured just outside the front wall.  The Zinger chose to burst into flames, setting a great fire which devoured the grass around it, as well as the Minotaur.

The fire continued to spread, north and south, stopping only for the brook to the east, and the fortress's walls to the west.  The civilians were kept inside.  The bridge was ordered closed, but not in time; the fire had spread to the grassy inner courtyard.  The fire continued to burn around the fortress, devouring all the grass to the north, south and west.

Eventually the fire in the inner courtyard burned out, and the civilians were allowed to take stock of the damages.  The cage traps in the courtyard were intact, but the wooden cages had been destroyed.  Many dwarves cried out that there were no cages to replace them.  Over and over they cried.  Orders were given to forge some new copper cages.

One of the ammo bins had also been destroyed, dropping its ammo into a nice little pile on the western edge of the ammo stockpile.

As the fires continued to spread to the far western edge of the land claimed by Fordedsabres, a caravan of elves chosen that moment to appear.

The elves appeared in the west.

In the fire.

Sometimes, Fordedsabres does have a bit of good luck after all.

lukstra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: July 20, 2013, 05:59:00 pm »

I have a fort in an evil region with undead reanimation, and I've found that Shedim are not attacked by the undead. I'm thinking of possibly trapping some Shedim and using them as a "cleanup" to eat corpses before they can animate. Has anyone thought about this already? For me it's just a concept, and I'm not sure how the real setup would created - specifically the problem of separating the undead and Shedim so that I can use traps/rocks to make only the undead collapse, allowing the Shedim cleanup crew to do it's work.

Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT:
Also, do Shedim eat body parts - like arms, legs, skin etc...? Because those also animate and it would be nice if they could get rid of those too.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 06:02:02 pm by lukstra »

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: July 20, 2013, 08:57:13 pm »

I have a fort in an evil region with undead reanimation, and I've found that Shedim are not attacked by the undead. I'm thinking of possibly trapping some Shedim and using them as a "cleanup" to eat corpses before they can animate. Has anyone thought about this already? For me it's just a concept, and I'm not sure how the real setup would created - specifically the problem of separating the undead and Shedim so that I can use traps/rocks to make only the undead collapse, allowing the Shedim cleanup crew to do it's work.

Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT:
Also, do Shedim eat body parts - like arms, legs, skin etc...? Because those also animate and it would be nice if they could get rid of those too.

They don't, unfortunately.  By all accounts, they should, but there's an annoying technical reason why they don't.  I may have to talk to someone to see if this would be possible with dfhack - Putnam might know, I'll send him a PM.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 09:01:12 pm by narhiril »

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: July 23, 2013, 12:01:50 pm »

My mayor is demanding an ethereal cabinet in her dining room.

I've got some ethereal spheres from a previous alchemical experiment.  I've even managed to find the "process ethereal spheres" job in the magma smelter, so now I have a mixture of "ethereal sphere" and "ethereal sphere (processed)" (the latter being far less valuable, as it has no quality).

I can't find the step by which ethereal spheres can be "melted down into a useable bar", as the manual says.  Both of the spheres are listed as "TOY" in the raws.  In fact I can't find a single thing that can be done with the processed spheres.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: July 23, 2013, 01:40:14 pm »

My mayor is demanding an ethereal cabinet in her dining room.

I've got some ethereal spheres from a previous alchemical experiment.  I've even managed to find the "process ethereal spheres" job in the magma smelter, so now I have a mixture of "ethereal sphere" and "ethereal sphere (processed)" (the latter being far less valuable, as it has no quality).

I can't find the step by which ethereal spheres can be "melted down into a useable bar", as the manual says.  Both of the spheres are listed as "TOY" in the raws.  In fact I can't find a single thing that can be done with the processed spheres.

Melt them. The processing the spheres is only to get rid of masterpiece status so the creators don't throw tantrums.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 240