Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Breakfastcudgels (a game of random death)  (Read 23457 times)

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Breakfastcudgels (a game of random death)
« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2011, 02:13:42 pm »

hey guys, really sorry I moved house a few days earlier than planned so in the middle of my turn - I'll have updates up soon  :D flooding the world with magma is going well and Elderont somehow survived being shot at by a whole squad of goblin bowmen... one pierced a lung, he regained consciousnesses and chased down a sword goblin sqaud who ran away...
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Elderont

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 28, 2011, 04:13:02 pm »

My dwarf is epic.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2011, 04:17:57 pm »

9th Slate 242
I’ve decided that the fortress can mostly look after itself now, it’s time to confront my sacrifice... how I’ll do it I’m not sure but I want this to be something the fortress will never forget.

Basically there was a power cut at this point, DF was saved though I lost the log of everything that had happened, I was supposed to move in a couple days and because of the power that came forwards a few days and the internet took a while to start working, I decided to drastically speed up my mental decline and pass on the journal to Goden (a militia captain with eighteen kills) and use the screens of the battle and then skip a bit of time

17th Felsite 242
Not wrote in here long time... everything going well... big wall protect... big wall stop burning... has artillery... magma pump go to surface... almost complete... goblins... goblins... orgres......

The rest of the journal is illegible, the last page says in blood what appears to be a will “After my death a military regime shall oversee the fortress, each militia captain is to lead for a year - Dishmab, Goden, Zefon and Morul, each a legendary fighter, Elderont will lead when he is ready, also they shall rename themselves Dariush, Conan, Ignatzami and Farmerbob” It was belived to be written before the insanity set in, the blood was probably just for show - a cats or something.

Chapter 2: Goden

4th Felsite 242
Well Ashton’s decided on his death apparently only he and Elderont know the specifics of it though there’s been a hell of a lot of construction going on - about half the fortress is committed just to building at the moment; a massive wall has been started around the fortress and is to be connected up to some exterior structures built the previous year. Also a magma pump also now gives promise of delivering magma to every location in the fortress, everything’s been dug out and the first pump went in yesterday with the rest being built quickly. Also we seem to have some nice artillery almost running which should skewer a few gobs for us when they inevitably run into our whirling hammers - the real damage dealers.

15th Felsite 242
The outside structures are very almost done just a few holes to fill up and make sure nothing can get through.

16th Felsite 242
Ugh - I feel like a girl writing in my diary every day but we’re going to have some real fun soon, the goblins are on our doorstep and the walls aren't even finished! Looks like this hammer really is going to be whirling.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 05:41:05 pm by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 28, 2011, 06:39:32 pm »

Also a magma pump also now gives promise of delivering magma to every location in the fortress

Sounds !!Fun!!.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 28, 2011, 07:08:31 pm »

SPECIAL UPDATE
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Elderont

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 29, 2011, 12:08:54 pm »

"Mah lungs are made of obsidian!"

Nice, liked the new walls!

Keep posting!

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 29, 2011, 05:37:23 pm »

2nd Hematite 242
Well the battles been and gone, my hammer did it’s job well, this guy Id - he took it a wee bit hard though ::)

Well someone was bound to be in a bit of a tiddle, can’t be helped, us captains decided to have a wee bit of a completion and see who cracked the most skulls in the battle, I came in second with five next to Dishmab

Spoiler: Elderont: Sword (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dishmab: Axe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Goden: Hammer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Morul: Axe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zefon: Crossbow (click to show/hide)

Also all the exterior walls have been built, all that needs doing now is for the pumps to be assembled to get the magma flowing, Ashton seems to have completly lost it at this point though, all his orders are deliverd through Elderont who does most of the running around here now, the most recent order is that liquids contained within the walls are not to be able to reach the fortress or outside world... goodness knows what's going through his mind, getting from the fortress to the courtyard now involves a ruddy long walk climbing one tower of the gatehouse down the other, more corridor to walk down and then out the door, the main drawbridge has been sealed as well now... hmm I wonder if this is all these constructions are to do with some kind of master plan?

You guys are bieng kinda slow to catch on to my plan :P , also next guys it's time to pick a dwarf each or I'll give you one for each of the next four turns...
And as futility is away at the moment I've taken it upon myself to PM the next overseers until he returns
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 05:53:56 pm by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Elderont

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 29, 2011, 06:22:58 pm »

"You may have more kills! But I sure have more scars!"

"And I don't even need to count the semi-open wounds!"

And by the way, I really don't know what you're planning. (Maybe flood the area within the walls with magma)

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 29, 2011, 08:05:53 pm »

Don't tell me.

Ashton, are you pulling a Boatmurdered?

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 30, 2011, 03:09:02 am »

Yup, it's a reservoir for magma  :D I'll be there when it fills, I could probs do some more with it too as I've still got more than half the year left...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 03:10:55 am by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 01, 2011, 03:16:20 pm »

27th Malachite 242
Well things seem to be going back to normal a bit, Ashton’s completly crazy at this point and is just a blubbering mess, but thank Igloth has little control of the fortress anymore, Elderont seems to be the unofficial overseer as he continues to receive his “messages” to pass on; interpretation is a fickle thing. The magma is now available everywhere and construction has cooled down, most of the labour force have been sent back to their previous professions and some casual work on the outside continues, building up towers and raised walkways, that kind of thing.

6th Galena 242
Something must’ve ticked of one of the metal smiths today, he went insane in the dining room and started trying to beat up this kid - the creepy bone carver one. Anyways I went after him and beat him down the stairwell a bit he stopped moving and kind of just writhed on the floor a second later the kid’s dad comes and chops it in half; he’s one of the axedwarfs, he thanks me for potentially saving his son and asks that his son be given the honour of having his creation wielded by a fighter as legendary as myself. Well it felt kinda wrong to say no so here I am with my new bone buckler, it’s tougher and lighter than my steel one... just a bit weird - hey! Just spotted myself on it! Ahh back in the days, I looked so pathetic all those years ago, heh and Elderont, he looks like a little cub!

« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 03:18:10 pm by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 01, 2011, 05:37:28 pm »

Elderont... I hate to break it you but your guy died... update coming in a sec though so stay tuned  ;) Always end on a positive note  :P
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 02, 2011, 07:18:23 pm »

hmm... not quite sure if this is dead or alive as I seem to be talking to myself so I've just uploaded the save which is here:

http://www.2shared.com/file/jb3PEHwx/breakfastcudgels.html

I'll send Dariush a PM and also a note farmerbob isn't filling the will and Morul has been claimed by ignatzami.

Basically the sacrifice failed as my dwarf ran away despite his burrow/military orders (I tried both) and then Elderont decided to sleep next to a growing pool of lava when the doors were sealed. Instead I decided the fortress quickly devised anew way to kill me and chucked me into the third cavern then walled it up.
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 03, 2011, 06:09:02 am »

I'm not filling the will?

What will?

Wasn't aware of wills in DF, is that some sort of noble thing that I've somehow missed?
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 03, 2011, 07:30:29 am »

I'm not filling the will?

What will?

Wasn't aware of wills in DF, is that some sort of noble thing that I've somehow missed?

No just as a story-telling thing if you look back a few posts before my guy lost control of the fortress he wrote a will in blood saying that the fortress will be lead my a military regime lead by the militia captains one year at a time and they will all rename themselves to conan/whatever/whatever/whatever. And then I sent a PM to each of you saying who you'd like me to dwarf you as and you said you didn't want to be military, ignatzami said morul the axedwarf, and conan and dariush didn't reply
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13