Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 298

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1161419 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #2505 on: October 20, 2011, 07:03:42 pm »

isn't cardinal arc the one we're currently on?
I thought it was caravan.

No no, this is definitely the Caramel Arc.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: October 20, 2011, 07:17:45 pm »

isn't cardinal arc the one we're currently on?
I thought it was caravan.

No no, this is definitely the Caramel Arc.

No, it's the Charity Arc. That's why he wanted to know that.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: October 20, 2011, 07:31:05 pm »

Pretty sure it is the Carabine Arc. You know, what with Toady having implemented guns and French and all for the next update.
Love, scriver~

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: October 20, 2011, 08:38:07 pm »

Pfft, it's the Capntastic arc.  Implementing superhero powers.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: October 20, 2011, 09:32:51 pm »

Pfft, it's the Capntastic arc.  Implementing superhero powers.

I do believe Capntastic is on record as wanting to play a chicken farmer in adventure mode in one of the DF Talks. Clearly, the Capntastic Arc is everything associated with that goal.

And I, for one, welcome our coming swarm of chicken farming wereskunk necromancers!

Torchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: October 21, 2011, 04:46:53 pm »

Hey, seriously though. We've already got mummies confirmed as going in, and mummy tombs for adventurers to seek out and break into.
There's even burial-chamber treasure to be found, and Mummy curses!

Clearly, this is the Carnarvon Arc.

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: October 21, 2011, 04:50:14 pm »

Kogan, I don't think there will be a time when Kobolds and dwarves coexist with their continued theft.  Mostly because I don't think it's the dwarves saying "We don't want kobolds stealing our stuff" that makes them send armies so much as the kobolds saying "Look at all this stuff we got from the dwarves, lets send more guys."

I suppose if non-aggressive kobolds showed up to just visit and spend money at your inn, then it would make sense for increasing numbers of them to actually be there to steal stuff, so that your law enforcers actually have something to do(watching for thieves).

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: October 21, 2011, 07:48:13 pm »

With all these new megabeast interactions and other creatures... I wonder how close we are to "Creature Vs. Creature" Interactions and other such things.

Currently it is like everything that likes to eat humanoids conspire together.

Ganthan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: October 21, 2011, 09:18:32 pm »

Are there plans to allow your adventurer to take more elaborate defensive stances in combat?  For example, instead of attacking or moving you can focus on defense for that round and get a bonus to blocking/parrying/dodging and/or reduced damage from a hit?  This could allow one person to tank while another attacks or to just simply be defensive while waiting for a good attack opportunity.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: October 21, 2011, 09:29:19 pm »

Martial arts and such are planned for sometime in the future. There has to be some quotes about it laying around, I'd have done a quick search for you if I weren't on my phone at the moment.
Love, scriver~

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: October 22, 2011, 06:26:51 am »

Combat and martial arts were a topic in DF Talk 9. There is some mention of possibly having different guards, among other things.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

KilloZapit

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: October 22, 2011, 05:44:44 pm »

Quote from: Dsarker
Do current interactions that are not forced have a chance of being done by the creature, will always be done by the creature, or something else entirely? For example, will a necromancer with an interaction fire breath choose between raising dead or breathing fire?

They don't have a lot of criteria to work with, aside from use-on-foe type stuff, so they basically choose at random.  But they do that instead of always using the first on the list, anyway, so it's something.  When we've got more to work with, they'll be able to choose better, but it'll likely be through the "hint" variable I've got in the raws now, since it's not easy or even possible to make the game guess what to do with a mod through in-game analysis.

It seems to me a necromancer who breaths fire at everyone would burn the bodies up to bad to be raised. It makes me wonder if it's better to give NPCs a preference that is determined genetically at wouldgen somehow. All the necromancers who liked fire-breathing would be less powerful because they have less servants. That of course depends on worldgen keeping track of all that. To be honest, I don't really know much about interactions.

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: October 22, 2011, 06:40:42 pm »

Quote from: Dsarker
Do current interactions that are not forced have a chance of being done by the creature, will always be done by the creature, or something else entirely? For example, will a necromancer with an interaction fire breath choose between raising dead or breathing fire?

They don't have a lot of criteria to work with, aside from use-on-foe type stuff, so they basically choose at random.  But they do that instead of always using the first on the list, anyway, so it's something.  When we've got more to work with, they'll be able to choose better, but it'll likely be through the "hint" variable I've got in the raws now, since it's not easy or even possible to make the game guess what to do with a mod through in-game analysis.

It seems to me a necromancer who breaths fire at everyone would burn the bodies up to bad to be raised. It makes me wonder if it's better to give NPCs a preference that is determined genetically at wouldgen somehow. All the necromancers who liked fire-breathing would be less powerful because they have less servants. That of course depends on worldgen keeping track of all that. To be honest, I don't really know much about interactions.

Hm, considering skinwalkers are canon (those are still in, right?) I doubt fire-damage has much effect on undeath viability.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

KiTA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: October 22, 2011, 09:34:49 pm »

Will Necromancy be available as a Dwarf career choice in Fortress mode?  I'd love to have an army of undead defending my fortress.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: October 22, 2011, 09:37:19 pm »

no
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 298