Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 298

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1169335 times)

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #3705 on: January 09, 2012, 12:43:30 am »

Quote from: devlog
The last world I tested had a vampire that managed to get abducted by a gloom troll and turned into a "spouse of the gloom troll vampire"

Whoa wait! This is a interresting case which makes Dfs monsters even scarier. If this vamp were to propagate would he make normal Humans to his "basic" vampire type or to his new mixed type? What about his weaknesses? Would the powers stack? Would be the child out of this unhealthy combination be also a vampire and troll? How would the behavior change? Will you take this stuff out? I hope not!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 01:06:36 am by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: January 09, 2012, 12:52:19 am »

Oh man, a world overrun by Gloom Troll Spouse Vampires. Throw in a Were-something and we've got the best apocalypse ever.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: January 09, 2012, 03:08:44 am »

Will night creatures ever abduct player-controlled adventurers and turn them into night creature spouses? If so, would you maintain control of your adventurer after the transformation, or would this be considered a "Game Over?"
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: January 09, 2012, 04:34:14 am »

I would like if the trolls or hags could abduct dwarves in fortress mode too. I don't know why it still isn't in, as the system is already mostly  in place (it may use the same code for goblin thieves)

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: January 09, 2012, 05:11:33 am »

I would like if the trolls or hags could abduct dwarves in fortress mode too. I don't know why it still isn't in, as the system is already mostly  in place (it may use the same code for goblin thieves)
Because nobody actually wants to marry dwarves.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: January 09, 2012, 05:16:28 am »

Funny, because in world gen they do.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: January 09, 2012, 07:31:13 am »

Gloom trolls and vampires?
This raises interesting ideas about the wedding night, and the effects of Stockholm syndrome....

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3712 on: January 09, 2012, 07:49:48 am »

Funny, because in world gen they do.

Technically they marry dwarves-turned-into-troll/hag/ogres, not quite the same :p

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: January 09, 2012, 09:06:01 am »

The last world I tested had a vampire that managed to get abducted by a gloom troll and turned into a "spouse of the gloom troll vampire", which isn't exactly the best way to say it.

Is it possible for your adventurer to end up in the same fate? A large troll smacks you over the head and your character lives out the rest of his life as the spouse?

No because currently the game doesn't handle "Non-lethal", making people surrender, or gradual transformations.

So being turned into a troll isn't going to be in the game for a while.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: January 09, 2012, 11:45:27 am »

trolls could kidnap people in their sleep

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: January 09, 2012, 01:04:59 pm »

Toady hasn't said anything about have the converting trolls being switched to the interaction framework yet, so I assume the player can't be spouse converted by the procedural trolls.

Once they have been updated to work with interactions it will probably work more or less like transforming into any other creature via syndrome, it just needs to make a transformation that keeps the base creatures' gender caste as well as targets only certain castes (unless you want female night trolls converting female adventures into male night troll spouses) and flags the creature as being a spouse.

As low hanging as this is... troll spouse conversion may be the first possible "marriages" for player characters...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 01:12:28 pm by EmeraldWind »
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: January 09, 2012, 01:38:26 pm »

troll spouse conversion may be the first possible "marriages" for player characters...
Now this is what I call desperation.
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3717 on: January 09, 2012, 01:40:38 pm »

troll spouse conversion may be the first possible "marriages" for player characters...
Some would say Evolution :P

DF taking a very, VERY different perspective.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: January 09, 2012, 10:27:09 pm »

Some would say Evolution :P

DF taking a very, VERY different perspective.

I was thinking more BAD END.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: January 10, 2012, 01:53:48 am »

Looking forward to historical migrations :)

It will be nice to get some more interactivity with those worldgen figures.  Unfortunate how dwarves don't exist in adventure mode yet though.  I wonder what percentage of migrants will end up being historical, not to mention the question of how actually useful historical dwarves will be compared with the current setup. 
where is up?
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 298