Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1233927 times)

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Leona, the Radiant Dawn - 1.0.0.121
« Reply #1545 on: July 14, 2011, 07:11:31 pm »

Get Nasus, his skills reward you for pushing lanes solo while others mill around in mid.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: July 14, 2011, 07:26:49 pm »

I'm a pretty bad Annie so I haven't tried it in a real game yet. Let me know if it works properly!

So, i tried it and yea, it works, but not without a proper team that understands what you're doing and supports you with their picks.

One problem is that it's harder to rack kills if you're building pure tank, so it's also harder to buy items and be properly tanky.

I'm not that good with annie anyway, so maybe other people can do it better. And in the couple matches i tried it, i was still ahead of my teammates, so...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: July 14, 2011, 07:36:25 pm »

I'm a pretty bad Annie so I haven't tried it in a real game yet. Let me know if it works properly!

So, i tried it and yea, it works, but not without a proper team that understands what you're doing and supports you with their picks.

One problem is that it's harder to rack kills if you're building pure tank, so it's also harder to buy items and be properly tanky.

I'm not that good with annie anyway, so maybe other people can do it better. And in the couple matches i tried it, i was still ahead of my teammates, so...
Aniie is fun to be... She's weird in that you have to keep track of your stun count, but if you do it perfectly, it's brilliant. And she's deadly scary at fed levels. Don't feed that little girl. She grows up to be a serial killer.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: July 14, 2011, 08:21:07 pm »

What I learned after 500+ hours of game time:

1. Morde es #1. Shield always up. Never die.
2. Soraka is OP.
3. Everything that kills you is OP.
4. Everything that you can't kill with is UP.
5. Tiamat Tuesday.
6. Trilane mid Alistar, Singed, Blitzcrank is viable.
7. 99% of LoL players are truly, truly shit.
8. Solo queue is random luck.
9. Elo means nothing as it's impossible to accurately compute personal skill in a team game.
10. This game is crack.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: July 14, 2011, 08:24:02 pm »

2. Soraka is OP.
5. Tiamat Tuesday.
9. Elo means nothing as it's impossible to accurately compute personal skill in a team game.
10. This game is crack.

I agree with everything this guy said. Also, tank fiddlesticks is fucking awesome

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: July 14, 2011, 09:01:57 pm »

2. Soraka is OP.
5. Tiamat Tuesday.
10. This game is crack.

11.  If your teammate feeds, he's shit.
12.  If your opponent feeds you, it's because you're awesome.
13.  If you feed, it's because your shit teammate fed first, or your opponent is OP.
Shoes...

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: July 14, 2011, 09:23:17 pm »

14. There will always be those times when some asshole goes AFK for the whole match.
15. You will hate that asshole if he's on your team.
16. You will love him if he's on the other team.
17. 9 times out of 10, the team he's on will lose.
18. Queuing solo means taking that risk.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: July 14, 2011, 09:30:33 pm »

So, DL'd this yesterday upon Soli's prompting.

I opened it up, played through the tutorial... "Other skins can be bought at the store."

It's one of those games isn't it?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: July 14, 2011, 09:33:08 pm »

I opened it up, played through the tutorial... "Other skins can be bought at the store."

It's really not that bad. To be honest, I don't even see a point in buying anything from the store. You can always just play a bunch of games and (as long as you're good at it) you can buy pretty much anything, except for skins. If you want to get something superfluous and entirely useless in gameplay terms, you can buy it with real money. Anything else (i.e. useful to gameplay) can be gotten by getting points from playing the game. It keeps the game running, so personally I don't care at all.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: July 14, 2011, 10:09:54 pm »

Yup, basically agreeing with Tyg. Actually, runes (the only thing other than champs you can buy from the store that directly influences gameplay) CAN'T be bought with real money, only with in-game currency earned through playing. I have to say, LoL has the best microtransaction system in any microtrans-based game I've ever played.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: July 14, 2011, 10:33:21 pm »

Promise it's not that bad, actually. This is actually a great way to make money WITHOUT being one of those games.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: July 14, 2011, 10:39:32 pm »

Yes, LoL sets the standard. I think any free-to-play game that wants to be successful has to follow what LoL does.

You basically pay for dressup. And people willingly do. I know I willingly do. There are plenty, plenty of players, many of the top players too, that have not spent a single cent.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: July 14, 2011, 10:48:26 pm »

Yes, LoL sets the standard. I think any free-to-play game that wants to be successful has to follow what LoL does.

You basically pay for dressup. And people willingly do. I know I willingly do. There are plenty, plenty of players, many of the top players too, that have not spent a single cent.
It's an amazing standard too. It lets people pay what they want to for the game (or pay as they go, if they feel they want a new champion or skin that came out and are unwilling to wait for it), and doesn't have a split between P2P and F2P (since you actually have to play to get runes, it's trying to balance the two, quite well, I might add), doesn't give ACTUAL bonuses to P2P other than aesthetics (it's playing dress-up with your champion, like a symbol for donating), lets the game designers add MORE payable content (release an infinite amount of skins for a champion because SOMEONE will buy it), and lets you feel like you're cool (Astro Teemo!)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: July 14, 2011, 11:09:57 pm »

The game also refuses to give clear advantages to people who are willing to spend money. You can buy champions and extra rune pages and boosts with money, but a diligent free player can get any champions he wants with enough IP you get from games, and extra rune pages are just to make your life a bit easier, you can just alter your original when you need different bonuses. The things that really matter, IE masteries and runes are either acquired with IP or leveling up. If you're willing to spend a fair bit of money, you can get stuff faster (buying champions and IP/XP boosts) but you'll get them anyway even if you don't pay a cent.

In another note, I just carried my team through backdooring.
Yorick hitting your turret? Enjoy taking ages to kill him. He died? Oh, his ulti was up, turret asplodes anyway. With rank 3 ultimate  you literally push turrets twice as fast, and just revive back to push even more if you die. We won with 10 kills less, but with our 70% of our turrets still intact, while they lost all 3 lanes.

Everytime, it ended up going like this:

Yorick: OMEN OF DEATH ARGLEBARGLE.
Ryze: Omg wut u doin???
Yorick: I'M BURYING YOUR TURRET.

70% of turret's health later, Ryze arrives.

Ryze: Die b1tch
Yorick: Problem, officer?
Ryze: RUNEPRISONOVERLOADRUNEPRISONOVERLOARDARKJKSAJDIJ OMG Y U NO DIE???
Yorick: KEKEKEKEKE

Turret goes down, team arrives, kills me. Get back up, repeat.

Or my favorite:
Yorick: Burying inhibitors, errrrrvday.
Team spawns, focuses me down, and inhib survives with 1% health.
Team: NOOB, I KING.

Then omen of death kicks in and I autoattack the inhibitor once.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 11:24:18 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: July 14, 2011, 11:42:30 pm »

It looks like the elocalypse is approaching, so I'm feeling an urge to finally try out premade ranked.  Anyone else want to get in vent this weekend and pretend we're a team?
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 1067