Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1224624 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Shyvana, the Half-Dragon - 1.0.0.128
« Reply #5430 on: November 11, 2011, 10:42:46 am »

I checked out Nasus last night. Won the match, even though my personal record was a measley 1/1/1. Worked on farming that Q up to an extra +100 damage or so. Mostly went mid lane against Annie. Wither proved useful to keeping her at bay while I ground up her minion wave. Wither + Ult + Q = fun times. Also had a couple of turret and inhibitor kills. Last-hitting with Q wasn't as much of a micromanagement pain in the ass as I thought it would be, especially as the game went on.

Enjoyable, but I'm not ready to commit to buying him just yet.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: November 11, 2011, 12:11:30 pm »

y u go mid nasus D:

OK I guess there is no solo top at that elo.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: November 11, 2011, 01:28:38 pm »

Today's been a weird day- Support Veigar (not intentional! Graves kept taking my kills!), five-minute third-place Zilean loss, and first-place carry-Maokai loss.

I'm already sitting several matches below 50% on both maps, and nothing I do can fix it. Can't support my way to a win, can't carry my way to a win (and in a sense, tank my way), where do I go from here?

Malzahar and gangplank?

Also, as veigar, you should be able to kill a squishy on their team outright, in every teamfight.

Problem?

I literally saw a veigar kill ashe no matter what in one game.

Right out from the middle of her team, almost no warning, dead Ashe.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: November 11, 2011, 01:40:32 pm »

Okay, dumb newb question: Is there really much difference between the three lanes tactically? (other than one semi-randomly seems to have double-strength turrets)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Jar of Jam

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_JAM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: November 11, 2011, 01:51:44 pm »

Okay, dumb newb question: Is there really much difference between the three lanes tactically? (other than one semi-randomly seems to have double-strength turrets)

Tactically, bottom lane controls dragon and whichever buff is next to their lane. Mid is the shortest lane. Top is open for blue ganks while bot is more suited for purple ones - all due to the bush placement.

Or something like that.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: November 11, 2011, 02:00:13 pm »

Also, mid is hardest to gank because bushes and the jungle are so far away.

Your semi-random more powerful turrets may be because the more hits they get sequentially the more damage they do. I thought this only partially reset on a target switch (so a tower that starts hitting you is stronger if it's been hitting someone else first) but this seems to say otherwise.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: November 11, 2011, 02:48:50 pm »

Today's been a weird day- Support Veigar (not intentional! Graves kept taking my kills!), five-minute third-place Zilean loss, and first-place carry-Maokai loss.

I'm already sitting several matches below 50% on both maps, and nothing I do can fix it. Can't support my way to a win, can't carry my way to a win (and in a sense, tank my way), where do I go from here?

Malzahar and gangplank?

Also, as veigar, you should be able to kill a squishy on their team outright, in every teamfight.

Problem?

I literally saw a veigar kill ashe no matter what in one game.

Right out from the middle of her team, almost no warning, dead Ashe.

Something a lot of people who don't play Veigar don't know, Dark Matter is useless.  Early game you can't hit anything and it costs too much mana, late game the guy you're attacking will be dead before it hits.

One time I wore a Brand down to 25% or so as Veigar, so he went b.  He came back, I bursted him down to 10%, he said "wtf" and went b again.

When I played Veigar I wasn't high enough level for ignite so knocking a guy down to 10% was like paying a dollar for a bag of skittles and seeing it get stuck on the hook.

Also, I love Lee Sin more and more every time I play him.  He's the first jungler I have with good pre-6 ganks who isn't currently a giant noob-trap (Shaco), and he's so mobile it's ridiculous.  I haven't mastered the clutch kick though, I tried to kick an ulting Nasus away from our Katarina as she ran away, all eyes were on me, he ran past me just as I hit the button, I kicked him right to her.
Shoes...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: November 11, 2011, 06:43:51 pm »

Fuck League of Legends, seriously.  It's like they want me to stop playing.  I don't know if the matchmaking actually trends you toward equal wins and losses (And if it does that's fucking bullshit, what's it doing, putting me with 700 eloers?), but I've won a single game in the last three fucking days.
Shoes...

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: November 11, 2011, 08:55:50 pm »

Caitlyns and jungle Tryndameres. I'm seeing Caitlyn and jungle Tryndameres everywhere. Fuck that safe harass and fuck that cheap undying.
Also often called Boowells.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: November 12, 2011, 05:50:59 am »

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/masteries-season-two

Well this should mix things up a bit, now i need to figure out just how much of a change this will bring to my favourite champs.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: November 12, 2011, 07:50:19 am »

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/masteries-season-two

Well this should mix things up a bit, now i need to figure out just how much of a change this will bring to my favourite champs.
It actually seems a bit nicer in some respects. Summoner spell buffs are now clumped together ON THE FIRST ROW, so it might save you a point if you're lucky, and you won't have to pay into each branch to get to it. Each mastery branch has CDR now. I think that the Defense branch got a major boost: the last mastery gives you 10% innate Tenacity, and the previous last one is one level above it, plus they redid some of the masteries that were confusing. Perseverance doesn't suck as much now (3/6/9% instead of 2/3/4%). Life Steal and Spell Vamp are now masteries. You can do extra damage to towers now (Armor reduction plus bonus attack damage). I do think, however, that the Attack branch got nerfed a bit. The last mastery: "Do 6% more damage to champions under 40% health" isn't that great. However, Ghost is now part of the Attack summoner spells. That's actually really nice of them. The Support branch is... okay. Some of the masteries probably aren't going to be taken (Why is Spell Vamp in there?) but otherwise, it's pretty good.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: November 12, 2011, 08:05:05 am »

Yeah, defense got buffed while the other two were slightly nerfed.I might even start taking more points in def, especially with certain champs (Skarner and Jarv come to mind).Jungling will be a bit wierder now because you need some defense points too, heck, I'm not sure how will AD junglers cope without Arpen runes tho, sure there is that 10% pierce but that isn't going to make much of an impact on early creep armor and the extra Arpen is located pretty high up now.That mini minion thornmail is looky nice tho.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: November 12, 2011, 08:58:19 am »

Yeah, defense got buffed while the other two were slightly nerfed.I might even start taking more points in def, especially with certain champs (Skarner and Jarv come to mind).Jungling will be a bit wierder now because you need some defense points too, heck, I'm not sure how will AD junglers cope without Arpen runes tho, sure there is that 10% pierce but that isn't going to make much of an impact on early creep armor and the extra Arpen is located pretty high up now.That mini minion thornmail is looky nice tho.
I honestly thought the minion thornmail was pretty lame. It doesn't help much early game, and late game there are better choices. AD Junglers can have ArPen, but it isn't going to stop all of them. Besides, you can do runes for the ArPen there.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5443 on: November 12, 2011, 09:10:35 am »

I recently started playing on EU west, under the username CarbonPot. I've played several co-op vs. AI games, mostly winning against beginner AI now, though the intermediate is a bit tougher. I mostly play Ryze. Should I wait till I can constantly defeat intermediate AI (bad teams aside) before playing PvP? Also, how does the matchmaker match people? Is it based on the number of matches played?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: November 12, 2011, 11:03:52 am »

These new masteries. Way too confusing~

Edit: omg passive lifesteal and spellvamp...

Edit edit: Holy jesus the offensive tree is scary... especially the final one... oh my god... Garen... oh my god...
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 1067