Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 571 572 [573] 574 575 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1233781 times)

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile

I don't do it myself, as I find that a Q farming at max strength early on and enough mana to sustain it (relatively speaking) is better, but an E would give a better movespeed and attack damage passive, not to mention the active bonuses. More AD = more damage on Q as well, and maybe a bit more survivability if you need the extra speed boost to get away, or get a kill.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Any tips to a complete noob who just bought gangplank as his first? I just have no idea if any of the builds Ive found are reasonable. At least my friends laughed when I told them of the build with 3 infinity edges I found so Im not sure what build to trust to be good. :S
UNIQUE passives, auras and actives don't stack. So while Tiamat's splash damage passive isn't unique, you can get 5 of them and have your attacks splash for 250% of the damage, but 5 Infinity Edges don't give you +250% more crit dmg, only the +50%.

Right now the most used, and boring if you ask me, is to build a tankplank: Warmog's Armor for HP, Trinity Force for all stats and the passive, Atma's Impaler to turn that health you got into damage, Infinity Edge for the damage and Maw of Malmortius for the Magic Resist and the excellent damage. Although it is an expensive build, Parrrley gives you extra gold if you last hit with it, and as GP you usually farm a lot so that helps. It is very effective, but pretty much every Gangplank that builds him to win games instead of to have fun, is going to build like so.

For fun? I suggest trollbuilding
I think he'd rather play a build that is normal. Maybe when he gets the basics down, he can "have fun," but I'm going to doubt that he wants to build like that for now. And it's a really bad thing to teach to new players.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Any tips to a complete noob who just bought gangplank as his first? I just have no idea if any of the builds Ive found are reasonable. At least my friends laughed when I told them of the build with 3 infinity edges I found so Im not sure what build to trust to be good. :S
UNIQUE passives, auras and actives don't stack. So while Tiamat's splash damage passive isn't unique, you can get 5 of them and have your attacks splash for 250% of the damage, but 5 Infinity Edges don't give you +250% more crit dmg, only the +50%.

Right now the most used, and boring if you ask me, is to build a tankplank: Warmog's Armor for HP, Trinity Force for all stats and the passive, Atma's Impaler to turn that health you got into damage, Infinity Edge for the damage and Maw of Malmortius for the Magic Resist and the excellent damage. Although it is an expensive build, Parrrley gives you extra gold if you last hit with it, and as GP you usually farm a lot so that helps. It is very effective, but pretty much every Gangplank that builds him to win games instead of to have fun, is going to build like so.

For fun? I suggest trollbuilding
I think he'd rather play a build that is normal. Maybe when he gets the basics down, he can "have fun," but I'm going to doubt that he wants to build like that for now. And it's a really bad thing to teach to new players.
Trollbuilding? I am offended.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright so I need some opinion(s). While it'll still be a while before I have enough influence, I would like to decide wich hero I want to buy first.

Before I quit the two main heroes I used to play were Cassiopeia and Blitzcrank.
I played a few others as well such as Dr. Mundo (never competitively, just as pubstomp), Ryze (OP as fuck last I played), Karthus, Kayle and Trundle.
Actually Trundle might have been one of my mains as well, bloody good jungler, hope he still is.

I absolutely detest bursters and one trick ponies. An example of a hero I hate is Annie, who is mind numbeningly simple to play and really freaking annoying. Any hero that lacks depht beyond put cusor on enemy and activate all four abilities.

I see the stream of new heroes has not slowed down one bit, and most are 6300 now. I've no idea if any of them would suit me, and blindly buying pricy heroes is no go.
Currently having good fun playing Nasus who is free, but I would like a main to look forward to.

Soo...suggest me a hero!

Also on another note, are custom skins still possible? I used to make a few, I'd hate to hear they disabled custom content.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Trundle is still a beast. He has been almost entirely untouched since release, because he is the most balanced champion in the game really. Might not be as fast at jungle as Lee, as sustainable as WW, or as strong ganker as Shaco, but all around he is great.

Now for the suggestions:
Alistar, Singed, Amumu, Maokai, Gragas and Cho'gath are nice champs that are excellent if you want to play a tank/ap/tanky AP. I just love going to toplane as AP Alistar and stomping over the usual Riven and such. They all require some skill for them, and are all fun to play. Singed with 3 RoAs and Hextech revolver is one of the most fun champions I can think of. Maokai is an excellent jungler as well, and throwing the saplings correctly requires some skill.

If you want more AD, Pantheon, Wukong and Urgot should work. Wukong with lots of CDR (Brutalizer, Frozen Heart) is a pain in the ass to deal with, but not in the same way as an Annie. You keep popping that dash all the time, the lanes will be cluttered with your clones, and you can windmill almost as often as Garen. Super fun to juke people with.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Alright so I need some opinion(s). While it'll still be a while before I have enough influence, I would like to decide wich hero I want to buy first.

Before I quit the two main heroes I used to play were Cassiopeia and Blitzcrank.
I played a few others as well such as Dr. Mundo (never competitively, just as pubstomp), Ryze (OP as fuck last I played), Karthus, Kayle and Trundle.
Actually Trundle might have been one of my mains as well, bloody good jungler, hope he still is.

I absolutely detest bursters and one trick ponies. An example of a hero I hate is Annie, who is mind numbeningly simple to play and really freaking annoying. Any hero that lacks depht beyond put cusor on enemy and activate all four abilities.

I see the stream of new heroes has not slowed down one bit, and most are 6300 now. I've no idea if any of them would suit me, and blindly buying pricy heroes is no go.
Currently having good fun playing Nasus who is free, but I would like a main to look forward to.

Soo...suggest me a hero!

Also on another note, are custom skins still possible? I used to make a few, I'd hate to hear they disabled custom content.
Are we allowed to suggest Eve?

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eve? I don't know, did riot finally decide to do her 'remake' or is it 'still in the making'? ;D

Let's see here...
I owned Singed, wasn't very good with him. The kiting isn't my cup of tea and I failed horridly in lane.
Gragas is a little bit of a one trick pony nuker, or has he had some changes?
I owned alistar also. He was a weird one, went from mediocre tank to somehow a superb two spell nuker. It's a weird game sometimes. He still all about bursting chaining headbutt with pulverize?
Cho'Gath I owned as well, I liked him but wasn't very good with him. He's also a bit of a burster but I've seen some wicked attackspeed builds as well. Don't think I'd want to main him though.
Pantheon one trick pony...spear jump heartseaker and then look silly trying to auto attack.
Urgot you'll never guess I owned as well. He was ok but I never really got into him. He's kind of a nuisance early but after that he's meh.

I'll take a look at the two remaining, keep 'em coming.  :)

On another note, I just had the most hilarious game on nasus laning together with that fey sorceress girl what's her name. Let's just say a nasus in ult grown a size by whatever the ability is from the fey girl, well it's makes for one BIG DOG!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 01:29:50 pm by Jelle »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Voli?

Just had a game with him, me and Rumble utterly slapped around the poor solo top Darius, every time he'd ult or get me too low I'd get either my passive off or my Heal giving me those extra two seconds to murder his ass :>
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Thanks for the help everyne!

Poh: This is first time I saw someone suggesting maxing E first, could you tell me a bit more about why you suggest that.

E is a really powerful move. It gets you 8/10/12/14/16 extra damage on every Q, gives you higher movement speed for better kiting and harder kiting for your opponent. The extra AD means that it makes your Q more powerful. The active helps with jungler ganks and general aggresion.

Q seems like a fun choice but the mana cost gets pretty restrictive at higher levels, and W is very situational. So while maxing E first seems like a lackluster decision, the other two also have pretty significant downsides.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Patch notes are up. They're pretty much exactly like the changes noted in the RoG website.
Also often called Boowells.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I think the only new change is the Nocturne one.

edit: Patch downtime begins in just under five hours.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:07:47 pm by penguinofhonor »

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Screw the meta

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Eve? I don't know, did riot finally decide to do her 'remake' or is it 'still in the making'? ;D

Let's see here...
I owned Singed, wasn't very good with him. The kiting isn't my cup of tea and I failed horridly in lane.
Gragas is a little bit of a one trick pony nuker, or has he had some changes?
I owned alistar also. He was a weird one, went from mediocre tank to somehow a superb two spell nuker. It's a weird game sometimes. He still all about bursting chaining headbutt with pulverize?
Cho'Gath I owned as well, I liked him but wasn't very good with him. He's also a bit of a burster but I've seen some wicked attackspeed builds as well. Don't think I'd want to main him though.
Pantheon one trick pony...spear jump heartseaker and then look silly trying to auto attack.
Urgot you'll never guess I owned as well. He was ok but I never really got into him. He's kind of a nuisance early but after that he's meh.

I'll take a look at the two remaining, keep 'em coming.  :)

On another note, I just had the most hilarious game on nasus laning together with that fey sorceress girl what's her name. Let's just say a nasus in ult grown a size by whatever the ability is from the fey girl, well it's makes for one BIG DOG!
Lulu. Yeah, Lulu is a fun support to play with.

My personal favorites are:
Ranged: Miss Fortune (using a hybrid AP/AD build...farms early and often using AP and her E, then gradually morphs into an AD machine-gun of death)
Support: Taric (paired with a bursty caster like Ahri, it's total lane domination)
Melee: Xin Zhao (which I either do very, very well with or very, very poorly)

Lesser favorites are Malphite, Kayle, Dr. Mundo and Orianna (I play a lot of support).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Blitz and Ash, just like Vayne + Alister are the proven and true kill lanes bot, solid farm, solid supports, yet old and boring.

Lux + Corki is beast and nearly ungankable.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Except no one plays Corki unless it's his freebie week. NO ONE. Ditto for Rumble.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 571 572 [573] 574 575 ... 1067