Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261641 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - It's out! And there's a 4 pack
« Reply #255 on: May 16, 2011, 10:20:07 pm »

It doesn't seem to. On the flip side, on the first page of this thread is some autohotkey script stuff. The second one, I think, works just fine for me.

In other news, I've seen 'dark chill', but has anyone seen "A horrible chill goes down your spine."?

Because that's what I got when I bombed my first shadow orb, just now. My hind brain is going FFFFFFFF--
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 16, 2011, 10:24:16 pm »

It doesn't seem to. On the flip side, on the first page of this thread is some autohotkey script stuff. The second one, I think, works just fine for me.

In other news, I've seen 'dark chill', but has anyone seen "A horrible chill goes down your spine."?

Because that's what I got when I bombed my first shadow orb, just now. My hind brain is going FFFFFFFF--
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 16, 2011, 10:26:05 pm »

Wow how uttarly unlucky.. My new world has corruption almost immediately on both sides with NO caves between them.

So I guess I either got to dig for a few hours until I hit an underground cave system (ugh) or create another world.

Or join multiplayer but how am I supposed to find a server? I guess I could put in random numbers.

Is there a way to change your spawn point? To my knowledge no.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 10:30:05 pm by Neonivek »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 16, 2011, 10:30:57 pm »

STRIKE THE EARTH

Or plainswalk, I guess. Servers, right now, is mostly a "see who puts up info" thing. Aklyion's got one up, or did a little while ago.

Seriously though, get the autohotkey thing and just dig. It usually doesn't take too long to hit something interesting.

Re: Spawn point: Build a NPC-viable room. Put bed in room. Right click on bed. Supposedly that works. Haven't tried it yet. Only bed I have I submerged under water.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Cerej

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 16, 2011, 10:33:29 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 10:44:36 pm by Cerej »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 16, 2011, 10:40:01 pm »

I've run a server for me and 3 others for over 7 hours now. Works almost perfectly, except a millisecond of lag that you really notice with the Demon Eyes and Slimes. Other than that it's running good though. I too port forwarded but no one could connect, so I had to set my router to DMZ. I hope they get that sorted out.

Intel i5 quad
4 gigs of ram
Decent cable internet

Loving the game so far. This is the kind of game you need good friends to start playing with though. Having someone come into a new game with basic gear like grapple hooks and mining helmets can annoy you pretty fast, especially when they're only focused on getting what they can for themselves. They zip ahead of you and gobble stuff up and you struggle to keep pace, and then are like "oh, you're not running 2x as fast, have an ambient light source and can grapple tall mountains? Oh, right. Sorry."

Then they want to go start breaking shadow orbs while you're still trying to make a metal weapon, or build your first house. This game is great if people work together. It's kind of cagey when they don't. When people have maxed out characters, I'm not sure if it gets better or if that's when the griefing begins, because since everyone has their own little world to go back to, there's not a ton of reasons to play cooperatively unless people really care about doing so.

Bottomline: play this game with people who like co-op, not people who just like to have someone to talk to while they play.

And the spawn numbers...my god, they're horrendous. 4 different people with 5 to 6 spawns on them a piece. There is definitely some spawn scaling going on relative to player numbers.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 10:43:39 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 16, 2011, 10:41:25 pm »

Anyone know what the "Parralax" option does? I'm not too bright when it comes to knowing graphic terms. Will raising/lowering it increase any kind of quality at all? Other then that, loving the new menu music, hair styles, etc. Some of the animations seem different too, but that might be just me.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 16, 2011, 10:44:39 pm »

NO FREAKING HEARTS!
I followed a cave down to magma, exploring all nooks and crannys, getting another regen band, but still no hearts. I can;t go boss slaying with only 100 life.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 16, 2011, 10:47:23 pm »

Had some fun on aklyon's server, but it seems I'll need to go in deeper if I wanna find any hearts. Also starts seem pretty rare.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 16, 2011, 10:49:48 pm »

Bosses no longer drop heart crystals, btw.

Beds are used to reset your spawn, by right clicking them. They're made from silk (webs), and wood.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 16, 2011, 10:53:34 pm »

Oh, new question also, along with the unanswered one a few posts up; is there a way to change the resolution yet? I want this game to be displayed, in all it's pixelated glory, over my entire 1366x768 widescreen monitor.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 16, 2011, 10:54:14 pm »

Oh yea! Mushroom field, magic mirror and heart, all in one fell swoop. Let's go forge some shit!

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #267 on: May 16, 2011, 10:58:05 pm »

Hey guys, check out what I found:

Three submerged Demon Altars in a row, and one more behind a wall. All on the same z level.
What am I supposed to do with four Demon Altars? I can't move them or anything.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 16, 2011, 10:59:20 pm »

Four demon alters, but that can't be right, unless...
Run... RUN!!!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 16, 2011, 11:07:56 pm »

Yes.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 887