Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261285 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - It's out! And there's a 4 pack
« Reply #525 on: May 17, 2011, 02:48:19 pm »

Buh... I find a underground jungle, then suddenly, lag-spike! I get killed by wasps. I go find my way down to the mushroom place adjacent. I come from above, then BAM, lag. The fall was enough to kill me and the lag prevented me from double-jumping to save myself. Back down again, then the game crashes for the update. >:(

Double-ninja'd

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 17, 2011, 02:49:23 pm »

I seem to have found a bug. Chests with no floors beneath them spew out 10 chests whenever you respawn/load up the world. Is there anywhere to report this stuff where the devs will read it?

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 17, 2011, 02:49:40 pm »

So I have gold equipment... should I start looking around for meteorites and is the best way to find them just to travel a long ways along the surface?
You have to have destroyed a shadow orb beforehand. Unless it glitches out and announces a meteor has fallen as soon as you spawn.

Stuff like that happens.

And fuck shadow gear. Meteor is more practical.

To get to the orb I have to destroy Ebonstone right? I don't have anything that can do it yet and to get purification powder you need to kill a boss and let the dryad move in.

But to summon a boss it seems like you have to be able to make it through the ebonstone, otherwise get lucky with an alter.

I guess I will go looking for some TNT.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 17, 2011, 02:49:59 pm »

Found a floating island, only got a Starfury. Wanted one of the higher damage swords :(

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 17, 2011, 02:51:37 pm »

There are only four things you will find on floating islands, and starfury is the only weapon. Anyway, it is some what high damaging, when used right.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 17, 2011, 02:56:50 pm »

I wish there was some sort of auto-save. My character was saved, but everything I did on my world from my last save was lost. Including a bunch of important stuff that I stowed in a chest when I went down to the underground jungle. :\

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 17, 2011, 03:07:23 pm »

There are only four things you will find on floating islands, and starfury is the only weapon. Anyway, it is some what high damaging, when used right.

Fair enough, what are the other three?

Just got a vilethorn from a shadow orb thing too. Now I'm searching for the meteorite that landed.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 17, 2011, 03:08:35 pm »

So I have gold equipment... should I start looking around for meteorites and is the best way to find them just to travel a long ways along the surface?
You have to have destroyed a shadow orb beforehand. Unless it glitches out and announces a meteor has fallen as soon as you spawn.

Stuff like that happens.

And fuck shadow gear. Meteor is more practical.

To get to the orb I have to destroy Ebonstone right? I don't have anything that can do it yet and to get purification powder you need to kill a boss and let the dryad move in.

But to summon a boss it seems like you have to be able to make it through the ebonstone, otherwise get lucky with an alter.

I guess I will go looking for some TNT.

Hmm... no and no. From my experience only:

1) You can find shadow orbs in the deepish pits you'll often find scattered around the Corruption areas. All you need to destroy them is a hammer. Since the enemies in the corruption areas are pretty tough unless you're well stocked with maybe gold armor and weapons, I recommend falling into a pit step by step, avoiding enemies, and once you see a shadow orb hammer that thing to the ground. The Save & Exit. I believe you'll be back at your spawn, with a meteorite somewhere.
2) You can fight your first boss (Skeletron) literally as soon as you walk to either edge of the map. Other bosses usually require some items and a demon altar, which are much more easily found in dangerous Corruption pits/caves.

In other news: How do you grow trees? I've planted some but even after a few days they will not grow.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 17, 2011, 03:12:11 pm »

Getting shadow armour is a lot quicker and more reliable then then bars required for the flamerang.
Debatable. Barring freak bugs where meteors don't spawn you usually have a grappling hook, hammer and TNT form an underground chest before stumbling across a demon altar by freak chance. Then make a meteorite pick and you won't need TNT anymore. Bosses require much easier to acquire materials, but you have the hurdles of finding the altar and actually using resources beating bosses.

I suppose neither of us have a fully valid point as each of our views depend on random chance.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 17, 2011, 03:17:47 pm »

-snip-
In other news: How do you grow trees? I've planted some but even after a few days they will not grow.
It takes some patience. But I don't think they grow if there is grass growing nearby. Tree I planted started growing once I cut the grass growing right next to the saplings.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 17, 2011, 03:19:28 pm »

So guys how do I stop meteor heads killing me? I've found where the meteor landed but there appears to be no meteor there.

Also can I use dynamite to mine it quickly? :>

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 17, 2011, 03:20:47 pm »

Anyone noticed that sand mines a lot quicker now?

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 17, 2011, 03:23:38 pm »

So guys how do I stop meteor heads killing me? I've found where the meteor landed but there appears to be no meteor there.

Also can I use dynamite to mine it quickly? :>
I use PBat's method to mine meteors. Gather them in front of you and mine it while they're hitting you. I haven't tried using dynamite to mine it. I need to try it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 17, 2011, 03:24:36 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Any suggestions for what to do next? Yes, that's the ocean. Flooding the underworld seems like the obvious choice :P

Interesting observation, though. There's stuff beyond the border of the map, you just can't see it or move toward it. You can actually mine it, though, and stuff will spawn 'offscreen'. Slimes come from the bottom of the ocean, hrm. Mutant jellyfish?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 17, 2011, 03:29:28 pm »

I'm guessing you did that by...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And, yeah. Flood the underworld. :p There is nothing else you should do.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 887