Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1260980 times)

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - It's out! And there's a 4 pack
« Reply #900 on: May 18, 2011, 11:01:12 pm »

The thorn chakram does 25 damage. But given I had been stuck with a puny sword up to that point, its at least double the power and five times the range.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: May 18, 2011, 11:02:27 pm »

Well, you can just find an underground mushroom farm or two, walk out with a stack, then buy the lesser potions.
I set up my Underground Mushroom Farm, gonna be testing methods of growing Mushrooms for the lessers soon...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: May 18, 2011, 11:04:42 pm »

The thorn chakram does 25 damage. But given I had been stuck with a puny sword up to that point, its at least double the power and five times the range.

I know. Earlier today when I went into the jungle ridiculously underpowered? Getting that was my goal, and I even learned a new trick or two about horribly murdering enemies that respect walls.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: May 18, 2011, 11:12:39 pm »

It's interesting how none of the guns just have the punch to justify using another inventory slot for ammo.
I use the Phoenix Blaster (upgraded handgun) with Meteor Shot.
It's semi-automatic, but it does 28 base with 9? bonus from the ammo.  That ammo also makes the shot pierce and ricochet.
Did I mention it can one-shot slimes, two-shot ANY normal mob except the Jungle, and is EXTREMELY overpowered against bosses (I killed the Eye in 2 minutes solo with no damage), even moreso against the Eater of Worlds, and quite powerful against players (74 damage against no armor).  Oh, and it can fire almost at the same speed as the 6-damage Minishark, despite being semi, but with far more damage output.

Against the Molten Fury?  No contest, PB wins.
I've never exhausted more than 500 bullets without reaching an anvil (where I can make 100 shots per bar of meteorite) since I made the gun, too.  If you suck at ammo conservation, that's your own problem :P
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: May 18, 2011, 11:15:26 pm »

It's not so much that I prefer one ammo over another so much as I can't ever be rid of arrows. I'm constantly breaking pots because they are in my way so they always take up an inventory slot. Normally I wouldn't even bother with ranged attacks besides the boomerangs.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: May 18, 2011, 11:15:46 pm »

The nix is a dead sexy weapon. I'm currently using at as my boss killer, with flamerang for mob slayer.

I sure hope they nerf ranged weapons or make swords stronger, for balance. Right now there is little reason to use a close range weapon.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: May 18, 2011, 11:20:49 pm »

Right now there is little reason to use a close range weapon.
Destroying the organic spikes in the jungle/corruption is a huge pain with the 'nix, though.  I keep a muramasa with me as a stand-in machete.  It's also good for blocking mage shots.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: May 18, 2011, 11:30:46 pm »

A hamaxe will do just as well for clearing and shot blocking, until there are a lot of things firing at you at least, and you are most likely carrying one anyway.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: May 18, 2011, 11:49:09 pm »

A hamaxe will do just as well for clearing and shot blocking, until there are a lot of things firing at you at least, and you are most likely carrying one anyway.

The only reason you may NOT use it when you want to destroy one block but not another.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: May 18, 2011, 11:51:06 pm »

Huh. Apparently you can fire the thorn chakrum through doors if you're right up against one when you throw it. I have a new blood moon strategy and it will earn me money, shackles, and lenses.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Cerej

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: May 18, 2011, 11:52:12 pm »

I use the Phoenix Blaster (upgraded handgun) with Meteor Shot.
It's semi-automatic, but it does 28 base with 9? bonus from the ammo.  That ammo also makes the shot pierce and ricochet.
Did I mention it can one-shot slimes, two-shot ANY normal mob except the Jungle, and is EXTREMELY overpowered against bosses (I killed the Eye in 2 minutes solo with no damage), even moreso against the Eater of Worlds, and quite powerful against players (74 damage against no armor).  Oh, and it can fire almost at the same speed as the 6-damage Minishark, despite being semi, but with far more damage output.

Against the Molten Fury?  No contest, PB wins.
I've never exhausted more than 500 bullets without reaching an anvil (where I can make 100 shots per bar of meteorite) since I made the gun, too.  If you suck at ammo conservation, that's your own problem :P

The Meteor Pellets pierce?  Good to know, and definitely puts the Pheonix Blaster in the lead by a wide margin.  A Molten Fury would be comparable to a non-piercing Pheonix Blaster, but add piercing to the gun?  No contest.  Also means that Meteorite Bars actually have a use.  Everything else requiring Meteorite Bars was thoroughly disappointing.

Although, now I'm curious if a Fiery Greatsword with 5 Feral Claws and Shadow Armor would theoretically out damage it, though.  It certainly wouldn't be practical.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: May 18, 2011, 11:56:23 pm »

It certainly wouldn't be practical.

If practical was a priory, I wouldn't be using 4 starpower rings just to fuel my boots. Insane and fun is the name of the game, so 5 feral claws + shadow set is a winner in my books! Who cares if you don't even have a double jump, you can swing so fast that you kill the Eater of Worlds in a single pass!

EDIT: Ooh, space gun is automatic! This is handy!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: May 19, 2011, 12:21:30 am »

Huh. Apparently you can fire the thorn chakrum through doors if you're right up against one when you throw it. I have a new blood moon strategy and it will earn me money, shackles, and lenses.

Just use the Thorn weapon thingy... It goes through objects normally without specific possitioning.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: May 19, 2011, 12:23:54 am »

Server is up. (hamachi)
network: TerrariaB12
pass: Toady

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: May 19, 2011, 12:24:41 am »

Just use the Thorn weapon thingy... It goes through objects normally without specific possitioning.

Or just grab a decent sword and an auto-click script (or get really good at spam-clicking!), and wade out into the horde. Seriously, Phaseblade + Ring of Regen for the occasional scrape, and zombies are no longer a threat.  :D
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 887