Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261426 times)

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - It's out! And there's a 4 pack
« Reply #1155 on: May 19, 2011, 10:20:52 pm »

Ah well, probably bout time for me to go anyway. The crystal palace can wait for saturday.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: May 19, 2011, 10:26:50 pm »

So I already have Terraria, but I wanted to buy a four pack to give to a few of my friends, and then give the extra to the DF community, right? Turns out you can't buy the 4-pack if you already own the game.

Are you selecting the "Purchase as gift" option when you try to buy it? I hope you get it working, I was planning on gifting like a beast.

In other news, I got my first chest last night. Got some Jesters arrow and not much else, then scored the hook from terrorising skeletons. Certainly looking forward to savage swinging shenanigans on Saturday.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #1157 on: May 19, 2011, 10:27:04 pm »

Will try to get back on when it comes up, had to go get a bunch of building materials.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: May 19, 2011, 10:28:20 pm »

Yeah, is weird... sometimes, can connect, gets up to a certain percent of tile data and then stops loading more. Is shame, but also is late, so can ditch until th'morning.

Tomorrow afternoon, I make molten pick and hamaxe. Then, it's to some server, collecting similarly equipped people, and then talking them into completely deconstructing a dungeon :P

Today's been fairly profitable, though. Got full hellstone armor and 10 water candles! And some other junk too, I guess. I guess th'muramasa and blue moon count as junk.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: May 19, 2011, 10:30:38 pm »

In case anyone from the server is reading. Windows keep freezing Terraria and I have no idea why. When i restarted steam, terraria updated, apparently. Trying to get set back up now.

Edit: Restarting computer, maybe that'll fix it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Yeah, it just froze for me. That seems to be "update time" for Terraria: whenever it decides to crash outright.

Maybe it is updating :/
Anyways the server crashes after loading 83% of tile data. So let's all hope for new content, whooooo.
And I promise is isn't some sort of ploy to gain all your building materials :D

Yeah, is weird... sometimes, can connect, gets up to a certain percent of tile data and then stops loading more. Is shame, but also is late, so can ditch until th'morning.

Tomorrow afternoon, I make molten pick and hamaxe. Then, it's to some server, collecting similarly equipped people, and then talking them into completely deconstructing a dungeon :P

Today's been fairly profitable, though. Got full hellstone armor and 10 water candles! And some other junk too, I guess. I guess th'muramasa and blue moon count as junk.

Muramasa's not junk :P Give it to me then, I wsnt to try that attack speed with feral claws and necro armor :P

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: May 19, 2011, 10:32:55 pm »

Ah ha ha, it crashed when I was saving a world! How wonderful.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: May 19, 2011, 10:34:49 pm »

So I already have Terraria, but I wanted to buy a four pack to give to a few of my friends, and then give the extra to the DF community, right? Turns out you can't buy the 4-pack if you already own the game.

Are you selecting the "Purchase as gift" option when you try to buy it? I hope you get it working, I was planning on gifting like a beast.

In other news, I got my first chest last night. Got some Jesters arrow and not much else, then scored the hook from terrorising skeletons. Certainly looking forward to savage swinging shenanigans on Saturday.

Yeah, the "Purchase as a gift" option is greyed out- you literally cannot buy it. The reasoning is explained here, and though I understand it it to an extent, it still seems like a number of lost sales to me.

Ah ha ha, it crashed when I was saving a world! How wonderful.
I had a crash yesterday after mining out around 750 obsidian in the span of a few hours of work. The obsidian was not saved. *facepalm*

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: May 19, 2011, 10:37:26 pm »

Muramasa's not junk :P Give it to me then, I wsnt to try that attack speed with feral claws and necro armor :P

You can have it when I get around to getting the fire flail :P

Masa's the best sword, of course, for 90% of the situations in the game, with fiery greatsword + autoclicker coming in second. Fire flail whatsit is best not-nix-blaster weapon, period, from what I've gathered. I want my 40 damage flail!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: May 19, 2011, 11:12:50 pm »

I am glad I didn't use charity (minus one breastplate... though I could have made that 10 times over by now) for all my stuff.

Though it still somewhat peeves me that Gold is so skippable. THOUGH some of the planned objects do use gold.

Anyone have a server up? I am finally at par.

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: May 19, 2011, 11:17:48 pm »

Can anyone tell me the max height of a medium world? I am hunting for floating islands(meteor may have landed on one.)

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: May 19, 2011, 11:23:49 pm »

I am glad I didn't use charity (minus one breastplate... though I could have made that 10 times over by now) for all my stuff.

Though it still somewhat peeves me that Gold is so skippable. THOUGH some of the planned objects do use gold.

Anyone have a server up? I am finally at par.

Servers don't seem to be working atm, or at least, my servers aren't :/

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: May 19, 2011, 11:27:02 pm »

Any ideas for what I should do with my floating island?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So far I cut it in half, just because.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Most likely going to build dungeon-y looking stuff inside, with a tower on top, but I'm lacking in creativity at the moment.

Dynamite it to smithereens. Set an example for future sky dwellers.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: May 19, 2011, 11:31:32 pm »

You know before I got the druid in order to get grass in high places I actually build Dirt tracks and had to wait until they got there.

Also I am sad my Musket got way WAY outdated with overpowered weaponry.

I think Terraria may have a bit of a Overpowered Teir problem :P
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 11:34:42 pm by Neonivek »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: May 19, 2011, 11:34:13 pm »

I just use the grass rod thing now for grass growing.

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: May 19, 2011, 11:37:39 pm »

You know before I got the druid in order to get grass in high places I actually build Dirt tracks and had to wait until they got there.

Also I am sad my Musket got way WAY outdated with overpowered weaponry.

I think Terraria may have a bit of a Overpowered Teir problem :P

Tell me about it. Nothing 's a match for the Nix Blaster, and all the flails have amazing pierce damage.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 887