Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254424 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - It's out! And there's a 4 pack
« Reply #1365 on: May 20, 2011, 07:04:55 pm »

So many worlds made, plundered, and deleted. Still no rocket boots!!

Rocket boots do not appear in normal chests. Just ones from floating islands.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: May 20, 2011, 07:08:52 pm »

So I was digging a tunnel down to hell, and it turns out part of the dungeon intersects with my tunneling plans. I haven't beaten skeletron and don't really want to fight him right now, so my question is; Will I still get insta-killed if I'm pretty darn far away from the actual dungeon entrance?

Decided to give Skeletron a try, turns out it was a complete and total push-over. People made it sound tough, but that was literally the easiest boss of the three for me. Too bad there aren't any more bosses for the moment, hopefully we get some in later updates.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: May 20, 2011, 07:23:03 pm »

Decided to give Skeletron a try, turns out it was a complete and total push-over. People made it sound tough, but that was literally the easiest boss of the three for me. Too bad there aren't any more bosses for the moment, hopefully we get some in later updates.

Well where you fighting him in full molten and a flamerang, or full iron and shrunken?

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: May 20, 2011, 07:27:01 pm »

Just the shadow armor set and a flamerang, and although the flamerang certainly contributed, I'm fairly certain a lesser gun type weapon wouldn't have made it much harder. Otherwise a pretty standard setup for what one would assume to have before venturing into the dungeon, and I didn't really prepare a battlefield or anything. Also only had 10 hearts (200 hp) which I thought would be too low. Sorry if that sounds like bragging or something, I meant it more as an encouragement for other people that thought they weren't up to par on gear.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: May 20, 2011, 07:30:05 pm »

As a general rule, the Rapearang will destroy bosses, all bosses, every bosses.

Lethal Dosage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: May 20, 2011, 07:39:46 pm »

A 4-pack? nice!
My wallet will suffer..

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: May 20, 2011, 07:45:40 pm »

I'm digging a tunnel across the whole world with an iron pick. Couple of thousand long so far. I've run ouf of land to tunnel through, so i'm making it.
Necro armor+hermes boots+ those other speed enhancing accs=Choochoo, here comes the subway!
Just hermes boots. Other speed accessories only make you accelerate to hermes boots speed faster. Can't actually run faster than that.

You could theoretically go faster with a grappling hook and clever timing, but that is quite a bit of timing and effort for not much of a payoff.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: May 20, 2011, 07:47:39 pm »

I thought five anklets of the wind + necro was faster then hermes boots?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: May 20, 2011, 07:52:30 pm »

I'm digging a tunnel across the whole world with an iron pick. Couple of thousand long so far. I've run ouf of land to tunnel through, so i'm making it.
Necro armor+hermes boots+ those other speed enhancing accs=Choochoo, here comes the subway!
Just hermes boots. Other speed accessories only make you accelerate to hermes boots speed faster. Can't actually run faster than that.

You could theoretically go faster with a grappling hook and clever timing, but that is quite a bit of timing and effort for not much of a payoff.
Actually, the timing doesn't take long to get down well enough to make it superior to Necro.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: May 20, 2011, 08:00:46 pm »

What are the limitations on the growth of glowing mushrooms? I recently expanded the base of my castle in the sky to include a large cavern, and I wish to build a pillar of mud far into the sky in order to grow glowing mushrooms in the cavern, but if it turns out it's not possible I'd be extremely disappointed.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: May 20, 2011, 08:06:10 pm »

Actually, the timing doesn't take long to get down well enough to make it superior to Necro.

Actualy you do run faster with both necro and hermes on, I tested it.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: May 20, 2011, 08:24:35 pm »

So many worlds made, plundered, and deleted. Still no rocket boots!!

Rocket boots do not appear in normal chests. Just ones from floating islands.

Yes. I've looted a few dozen.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: May 20, 2011, 08:33:52 pm »

Oh wow. Perhaps I should strap on my skates and grab a few for the multiplayer servers. Might be able to trade a pair for a sunfury.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: May 20, 2011, 08:34:06 pm »

As a general rule, the Rapearang Phoenix Blaster will destroy bosses, all bosses, every bosses.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: May 20, 2011, 08:36:31 pm »

As a general rule, the Rapearang Phoenix Blaster anything made of hellstone or fire will destroy bosses, all bosses, every bosses.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 887