Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261327 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - It's out! And there's a 4 pack
« Reply #1575 on: May 21, 2011, 09:21:28 pm »

Well just completed my Obsidian Farm. It does use the Glitch of Falling Liquids, but this is for a Mega Construction so :P...
Each refill Produces 81 Obsidian.
Takes about one game hour (which is about a min I believe.)
And is completely safe...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This meteor is going to be very difficult to mine.  It's smack in the middle of the Corruption, on a pinnacle between two shafts.  Since meteorite only spawns were there was already earth (apparently), it's pretty small too, with little bits of ore scattered in the walls of the shafts.  Damn.  I think I might just have to dynamite it and hope for the best.  And go take down those skybridges since none of my meteors want to fall on flat ground.

Yea, I have had that happen twice, and it is a pure bitch to mine out. While you try to set down new dirt to stand on, you get knocked around too much. If you have an obsidian skull that will help you, but otherwise, blow that shit up and get out of there!
Mine??? With a Pickaxe???
I use TNT ^_^
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

KrunkSplein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: May 21, 2011, 09:24:00 pm »

Hm.. gray brick actually looks pretty decent when used with blue brick.

I agree, though I have yet to find blue brick.  So far my dungeon bricks have been Green or Pink.

I think I'm going to gen a world for the sole purpose of acting as my Home world - i.e., where my house is.  No mining, no looting chests, etc - just a very nice house made of materials gathered in other worlds.  Thoughts?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: May 21, 2011, 09:25:57 pm »

Well just completed my Obsidian Farm. It does use the Glitch of Falling Liquids, but this is for a Mega Construction so :P...
Each refill Produces 81 Obsidian.
Takes about one game hour (which is about a min I believe.)
And is completely safe...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Haha! Dwarven engineering shines once again! I commend you brother, for you bring glory to us all, and much obsidian!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: May 21, 2011, 09:27:39 pm »

I agree, though I have yet to find blue brick.  So far my dungeon bricks have been Green or Pink.

If any of that was prompted by my screenshots, that's actually obsidian. It looks almost identical.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: May 21, 2011, 09:30:18 pm »

Haha! Dwarven engineering shines once again! I commend you brother, for you bring glory to us all, and much obsidian!
My Server is up Max, come try it out yourself...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

KrunkSplein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: May 21, 2011, 09:32:56 pm »

If any of that was prompted by my screenshots, that's actually obsidian. It looks almost identical.

Good Lord, that's a lot of obsidian.  I haven't really perfected (or attempted to perfect) my obsidian collection method as yet.  So far it's been putting one block of lava on top of a stone over some water.  The lava falls, and basically spreads into 8-12 obsidian on the surface of the water.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: May 21, 2011, 09:33:50 pm »

Good Lord, that's a lot of obsidian.  I haven't really perfected (or attempted to perfect) my obsidian collection method as yet.  So far it's been putting one block of lava on top of a stone over some water.  The lava falls, and basically spreads into 8-12 obsidian on the surface of the water.
Check out the Obsidian Generator that I just posted...

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: May 21, 2011, 09:36:20 pm »

My Server is up Max, come try it out yourself...

Busy doing several things right now. I have a spare second every now and then to post, but playing games is down on my list right now, sorry. Maybe a little later today, but I need somethings finished, some of them by tomorrow.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: May 21, 2011, 09:37:11 pm »

I just connected a few large underground reservoirs and had them drain into a magma chamber; that got me about 3000 blocks total (and it could've been more if I'd been careful).

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: May 21, 2011, 09:46:51 pm »

If anyone wants a partner to play with just message me on here.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: May 21, 2011, 10:18:29 pm »

So no server up?
Wanted to see the awesome constructions of fellow Bay12 forumites.

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: May 21, 2011, 10:20:19 pm »

If you have a site of interest inside another dangerous area (with walking enemies or fliers). Just wall it off with dirt and get what you need.

This strategy works in just about every area if you keep your dirt tunnels small. The only things that cause trouble are the meteorite heads and worms, generally.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: May 21, 2011, 10:32:30 pm »

At work I came up with a couple ideas for new creatures to mod into DF.  One a D&D megabeast, the other a somewhat origonal creature I modded in in the past but finally figured out a good way to do it with the new materiel system.

But I can't stop playing terraria.  I now have a flaming greatsword, flamerang, molten pickxe, and a set of scale armor that I refuse to stop using because I love the attack speed buff.

I can't stop.

HELP ME.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: May 21, 2011, 10:33:18 pm »

So no server up?
Wanted to see the awesome constructions of fellow Bay12 forumites.
Check my Sig.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: May 21, 2011, 11:04:55 pm »

Me and Noah had an epic time tonight. The server is epiprivate, so no peaking until he posts the map, but damn. We've build a waaay over teh top town, two giant towers, half an army base (In the works) and converted a floating island completely into glass tonight. It was epic.\

EDIT: Oh, and a massive magma moat.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 887