Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261342 times)

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - It's out! And there's a 4 pack
« Reply #1770 on: May 22, 2011, 11:19:57 pm »

You guys kidding? No weapon's good enough for me 'cept a gangsta musket.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: May 22, 2011, 11:29:39 pm »

Ugh, I got owned by the Eye of Cthulhu. Man, I got him down to like 700 HP too. Guess that's what happens if you don't have better than gold armor and weapons.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: May 22, 2011, 11:36:36 pm »

So, should we start making levels from Zelda 2 or what?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #1773 on: May 22, 2011, 11:50:55 pm »

I beat the EoC with iron armor but to be fair I did have a starfury. I still maintain starfury is one of the best weapons for EoC. Mana dump starfury, then use ball O hurt or somethin similar on him.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: May 23, 2011, 12:07:38 am »

Well, all I did was spam shuriken at him. I died because I couldn't dodge him well enough. Plus, my best melee weapon? A gold broadsword. Best range? Gold bow with flaming arrows. I don't even have any mana. Yeah, I suck. :'(
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: May 23, 2011, 12:08:30 am »

That would be epic!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: May 23, 2011, 12:22:48 am »

Well, all I did was spam shuriken at him. I died because I couldn't dodge him well enough. Plus, my best melee weapon? A gold broadsword. Best range? Gold bow with flaming arrows. I don't even have any mana. Yeah, I suck. :'(
You don't need any better than shuriken against iCthulhu. Spam shuriken and dodge, heal when needed. Since you're unlikely to dodge when he comes straight down at you, you need to sway left and right as you spam attack him, so that he starts his charge sideways, and you can hopefully jump away as he goes underground. Make a strategy, this isn't a boss fight you can win by standing and attacking... not for most of the game anyway.

My first iCthulhu kill was in iron mail, bronze pants and a mining helmet. No weapons other than shuriken, and only small potions. I guess playing a lot of classic platformers helped. :P
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 12:24:42 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: May 23, 2011, 12:45:19 am »

I don't even have any mana.

There's really no excuse for that, mana stars aren't that hard to come by... I've found 10 in a single night, granted that's only happened once, but you should be able to find 2-3/night, easy.
On the other hand, I wouldn't be too worried about it, mana-using items are kinda late-game/rare...
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: May 23, 2011, 12:55:15 am »

iCthulhu

I should have copyrighted that.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: May 23, 2011, 01:02:55 am »

Bleh, two things learned just now. One: Sufficient ebonstone allows for devourers to spawn, too, not just eaters. Two: Purifying a world of corruption is a much bigger project that it first seems. Why, precisely?
Spoiler: This. (click to show/hide)

The spread corrupts underground cavern pockets. Which means you could clean the entire surface of corruption, and still have sizable amounts of it lurking just under the ground.

On the bright side, cleaning the surface isn't very difficult. Purification powder cleans up decent sized swaths of corruption. I only needed 2 ~1/2 99 stacks to clear about 3-4 widescreen-mod screens.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: May 23, 2011, 01:04:26 am »

Except most caves have enough stone in them to stop corruption from spreading.

It does corrupt a huge area surrounding the pits though, so getting all the ebonstone is problematic.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: May 23, 2011, 01:08:11 am »

A dirt skyroad with grass growing on it makes both red mushrooms and stars easy to collect. The only problem is the chance that a meteor will hit it.

Also:

A moat, with a platform bridge, which is where we usually fought Eyethulu:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

When he goes under the platform or underwater, you can still hit him with various weapons, such as the ball o'hurt, sunfury, and various other ranged weapons.

Goblin armies always wind up falling into the moat and being unable to get out again, too, which is just hilarious.

Perhaps I should go take a screenshot of the skeletron arena at some point, though it's rather far away (It's a large map). It's much better than this.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: May 23, 2011, 01:11:40 am »

...yes. Yes we should.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: May 23, 2011, 01:18:37 am »

iCthulhu

I should have copyrighted that.
Where have you used the term first? As far as I'm aware, my post is the first use of it on this forum.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 887