Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254570 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

*Confused*

I couldn't make an anvil out of silver. Or buy one.

Oh, you're talking about buying an Iron anvil with silver coins. WHY THE CONFUSION!?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I now understand why the Dirt Rod exists! To have something to stockpile with all your money that is near useless once you've bought everything!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Farming lens is such a pain...
Well at least I get a lot of fallen stars, while running around.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After fighting the EoW once I decided that fighting the Eye more wasn't worth the trouble. You can summon the EoW a lot easier, and he drops all the materials instead of just the half that you can only use for a few things.

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I only need the dryad.
Using dynamite to break shadow orbs, is a bit too costly, since I usally need two to get to it.

Afterwards, I just need some good shadow orb drops, before taking on EoW.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 04:19:52 pm by Mindmaker »

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm going to keep grabbing floating islands.
Everybody!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I only need the dryad.
Using dynamite to break shadow orbs, is a bit too costly, since I usally need two to get to it.

Afterwards, I just need some good shadow orb drops, before taking on EoW.

Ball O Hurt or Vilethorn both work great.

Is there any way to break orbs other than dynamite? Thought that was it. Once you get the HamAxe or the War Axe the jungle becomes click and hold trivial, and 50 silver is much easier to come by.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Purification powder turns ebonstone to normal stone, or you can use a sufficiently advanced pickaxe to dig right through the ebonstone.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

The dryad's purification powder turns ebonstone into normal stone, making it mineable with anything, and it's cheaper than dynamite.

EDIT: Ninjas.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Toriad

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Silence
    • View Profile

Purification powder turns ebonstone to normal stone, or you can use a sufficiently advanced pickaxe to dig right through the ebonstone.

or you could use dynamite, which is easier.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know you can dig through with Nightmare Pickaxe or Puri-powder, but don't you still have to blow up the orb itself?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

Use a hammer.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tlc2011

• Bay Watcher
  • ..No idea what to put here.
    • View Profile

._. . . . I question why you didn't actually realize that. The guide even says it too.

[quinnr facepalms]

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

The guide even says it too.
Ah, well there's your problem.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 887