Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261204 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

I have a farm of about 24 for each plant now. Every plant. All of them (except cacti nobody even likes them). I would take screenies, but Kael's server is temporarily down.
EDIT: And deathweed. Well, we do have deathweed, it's just never bloomed. No blood moons, see? They have grown up from the sprout stage to the leaves-stage though.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 01:29:16 am by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile

I hate to say it, but the latest changes to combat is really making me consider taking the pure caster route.

Muramasa nerfed, Sunfury/Blue Moon nerfed, starfury MP reduced and damage almost doubled (still sucks), space gun damage boosted (pierce reduced), magic damage boosting potion, magic regen boosting potion, etc.

The biggest thing is the addition of the Demon Scythe spell, that thing shreds ANYTHING with little effort.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

The spear is surprisingly good..
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

The devs are quite fond of nerfing stuff. Many of those nerfs are neglegible, but the rocket boots one is incredibly outrageous.

Somehow, they seem to be discouraging people from using armor sets.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile

The devs are quite fond of nerfing stuff. Many of those nerfs are neglegible, but the rocket boots one is incredibly outrageous.

Somehow, they seem to be discouraging people from using armor sets.

I think it is because a sandbox game should have multiple ways of being played, all of which will be ignored if there is a "Best" way.
Thank you based dwarf.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I actually prefer the new rocket boots.
Because they recharge when you grappel, you can use them for climbing much easier than before.

Also, to all you whiners out there: It's ain development, changes are made, DWI.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

I actually prefer the new rocket boots.
Because they recharge when you grappel, you can use them for climbing much easier than before.
Agreed. That, and travelling from one end of the map to another is so much more comfortable when you can fly almost all the time without those pesky recharge times.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Hai gaiz! :P

In my 'uber' tower on Kael's server there are now barracks with two small rooms (bed + chest) for those who need a private room for spawning.

Frumple, for example :P

EDIT: Added another room!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 10:52:41 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep Terraria is quickly becoming a game that is more fun the less you play (like Minecraft)
Meh, I'm actually still having fun with Terraria. Will it become the same as Minecraft to me? Possibly, but not yet!

Also, Starfury MP reduced and damage near doubled? And I thought it was awesome for bosses before! What's with all your hate of Starfury? It kills anything on the surface easy as cake!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

Magic is fun. But how did Sunfury get nerfed? I thought it was only Blue Moon.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Magic is fun. But how did Sunfury get nerfed? I thought it was only Blue Moon.

All flails got reduced dmg, even Ball o' Hurt I think.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That kind of sucks.

I really hope they bring back the "old" rocket boots as a Rocketpack or something.

This wasn't a nerf - they changed it to a completely different item. The rocketboots are gone, and something new is in there place - something that's useful in completely different situations and for completely different reasons.

But here's the thing. I love flying. I loved having basically a jetpack. It made the game so much fun for me, and now the game is less fun. Even with all the additions it is still, net, less fun than it was before this update, for me.

I'd be willing to sacrifice a lot for the ability to fly again. Make it so it has to be selected to be used, like the breathing reed. Make it so it takes up several slots. I don't care if it needs to be rebalanced because it dominates in some game mode I don't play, just don't take it away from me. :/

And honestly I've gone non-magical since the update. I was playing a mage because of the rocket boots, and with the boots "nerf" there's no more point, imo, to using the various MP items that are required for playing a mage.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

I've considered suggesting something like a "space warrior suit", an extension or upgrade of the Meteor Armor. It's basically a set geared for a highly mobile mage. Low armor totals, but high mana regen, flight, and a slight speed boost. It'd require Meteor gear to make, as well as Rocket Boots for the flight piece (whether it's a leg or torso piece is debatable), a pack of Mana Crystals for the mana regen piece, and something else I don't quite envision. The flight piece would be horribly mana-guzzling, and the regen bonus would be low until the whole set is complete, at which point the flight is returned to its normal cost (5/sec), regeneration is at least 1 mana/sec, and the speed boost manifests itself.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn rocket nerf.

Forces me to use the Ciab to maintain some jumping ability.
Grapples are not enough!
Everybody!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, I've posted my suggestions (similar to Seans in many ways) about possible flight improvements without unbalancing on the Terraria forums

I fully expect it to be ignored or swamped by people saying "stop being a whiner", but I'd like your guys opinions as well. (If you could make them there as well and give my thread a chance of being noticed, even better)

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/yet-another-rocket-boots-change-replacement-thread-but-really-i-think-this-would-be-a-neat-idea.34642/
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 887