Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254557 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

A word of advice: When morning hits, chop down every tree in sight.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But they're so pretty =/

And I excavated a cave thing for myself, anyway.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Ya can replant them with the acorns that they drop.

Also, NPCs don't like to live in caves. Make walls and stuff.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-Complete magic system overhaul

Fixing the point that is it pointless and useless?

Well good choice I guess... a bit late.

I mean Magic Missle would sure be useful if enemies didn't respawn so fast (making it essentially useless since you use up all your ammo off of unneeded targets)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

But they're so pretty =/

That isn't why. You need wood for torches, a crafting table, furniture, a furnace, and the hilts of all the metal tier tools.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But they're so pretty =/

That isn't why. You need wood for torches, a crafting table, furniture, a furnace, and the hilts of all the metal tier tools.

And it is pretty much the easiest thing to back background with.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And you can always grow more!

Also, by "anti-corruption", I hope he means "Cave-story Style Hell". I never quite understood why Cave Story had angels in Hell, but fighting them in Terraria sounds like it could be fun. Also, there could be a huge "Tower to Heaven" or something.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile

So maybe we can get fire imps/demons vs angels then?

Heaven or Hell
Let's rock!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But I don't like NPCs >:[

Myeahhh... I guess.  Maybe.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

But I don't like NPCs >:[
Buuuut they let you sell stuff and heal and get ammo and all of the cool things :C
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Buuuut they let you sell stuff and heal and get ammo and all of the cool things :C

Hnurgle =/

Maybe they can stay in one of the rooms, but my convoluted tower/mine shaft belongs to me :I

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

You do that, but you need rooms for each person.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Hnurgle =/

Maybe they can stay in one of the rooms, but my convoluted tower/mine shaft belongs to me :I
Don't worry. you can create what amounts to prison cells for them if you want! Though the dryad is very useful. Purification power is VERY nice.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/1-0-6-progress-part-1.37784/

Quote from: Redigit

One of the biggest complaints I get about Terraria is the hellish nightmare that is Inventory Management.

As you can see from the screenshot, I've made a few changes that should help out quite a bit. The first thing you'll probably notice is the different colored inventory windows. This is something that has been suggested a lot. (Exact color scheme subject to change.) This will allow you to more easily recognize the different item areas on the screen.

There is also a new trash can "slot." This will allow you to retrieve the last item that you have thrown away. You can also store a 41st item here in case of emergencies, just make sure to put it back in your inventory before leaving the game.

When looking inside a chest or your piggy bank, there are two new options: Loot All, and Quick Stack. Loot All is pretty self explanatory, but the Quick Stack option should make hording all your goodies a much easier task. This will look through every item in your inventory that can be stacked with an item in your chests, and place it there. The idea is that after returning from an expedition you can simply run past all your chests and click the button to quickly store all your new items, while keeping them organized the same way.

Lastly, albeit a small change, items that are picked up will now be added to your inventory from the bottom right, instead of the top left. This should help to keep your personal inventories a bit cleaner by allowing you to keep the items you always carry with you on the top, and items that need to be sorted through and sold/stored/trashed in the bottom.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 887