Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261656 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

Most of the one stack items are things like weapons and equipables. Again, would play hell with bugs.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Breadbocks, if you look at it like the max stack of dynamite is 3 but in that chest the max would be 99, it kind of makes sense and I doubt there would be any bugs cause you get get larger stacks through InvEdit.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, because InvEdit is totally supported by the devs to be 100% bug free.

Some of the maxes on stacks are for balance, like TNT, so you can't run around with 30 stacks of 99. Others are made because the engine would shit itself if you tried to wear 87 Jungle Helmets at once.

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You totally missed the point...

EDIT: He means it so you can store a lot more items in one chest. For example, you have a max stack of 3 for dynamite and so many item squares in a chest, with Neonivek's idea you could fit a lot more but still only use 3 at a time. It just allows larger storage in a smaller space.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 02:02:28 pm by SP2 »

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep.

It'd be best for things like dynamite as it's widely used. It wouldn't be as much of a problem with weapons.
Everybody!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some of the maxes on stacks are for balance, like TNT, so you can't run around with 30 stacks of 99. Others are made because the engine would shit itself if you tried to wear 87 Jungle Helmets at once.

Last I checked, it did, in fact, not shit itself if you wore 87 Jungle Helmets at once, but worked exactly the same as if you were wearing just one.

(Technically I was wielding 100 star cannons at once, rather than wearing jungle helmets, but the principle is the same. It simply wasn't checking the amount on the weapons because they weren't supposed to have one, so it had no effect, except when you tried to stack them and it went "DENIED.")

Edit: That was in 1.0.2 or something, however.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 08:17:51 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile

Last I checked, it did, in fact, not shit itself if you wore 87 Jungle Helmets at once, but worked exactly the same as if you were wearing just one.

(Technically I was wielding 100 star cannons at once, rather than wearing jungle helmets, but the principle is the same. It simply wasn't checking the amount on the weapons because they weren't supposed to have one, so it had no effect, except when you tried to stack them and it went "DENIED.")

Makes sense, there's no reason to check for the number of items in the stack.
I'm a bit surprised that the armor items stack at all, or that the equipment slots allow stacks of items... That's where I'd expect the crash.
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

It is in fact possible to wear stacks of items without the game flipping out. Just gather a bunch of jungle roses and put them on.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is in fact possible to wear stacks of items without the game flipping out. Just gather a bunch of jungle roses and put them on.
Which are then incinerated when you close the game :(
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Devs could easily make it so you can only take the normal max stack of items when you take things out of the chest and I think it'll go well with the new inventory management system thus eliminating extra item stacks being lost/bugged or what not.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

True, but every second they waste on some silly super chest is a second they DON'T spend on making the game more attractive later on.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I only really started playing this yesterday, and I have to say that I'm already pretty annoyed by the inventory system.

And wondering why NPCs don't want to move in, but that's kind of par for the course.  Do they not like dirt walls or something?  What is this?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah. Make it full wood, stone, or brick sides, with wood, stone, or brick backwalls. It also needs light, a door or platform leading to an exit, a chair, and a workbench or table.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

I only really started playing this yesterday, and I have to say that I'm already pretty annoyed by the inventory system.

And wondering why NPCs don't want to move in, but that's kind of par for the course.  Do they not like dirt walls or something?  What is this?

An NPC room needs other than dirt background/walls, at least one chair, table, door and light source. Also, the inside of the room must have 40 or more tiles.

EDIT: Arrgh, damn you ninja.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hurf, okay.  Thanks!  I guess I'll just abandon my muddy little huts and try again elsewhere >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 887