Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254527 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Despite what they say it'll probably make the boss fights harder. I can see why they nerfed Skeletron now.

No they Nerfed Skeletron because he was such a difficult boss that it became more reasonable to skip right to hell tier or Jungle Tier then to actually defeat him outside multiplayer.

Skeletron is a perfectly reasonable boss... With a group of players.

However a lot of people play single player (I do... I havn't found a server I liked).

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I found a path most of the way to hell.

Barely had do dig, found plenty of silver and gold too.
Everybody!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No they Nerfed Skeletron because he was such a difficult boss that it became more reasonable to skip right to hell tier or Jungle Tier then to actually defeat him outside multiplayer.

I beat him single player with demonite equipment.

I did not find him particularly hard, and he was already much easier now that you could buy cursed arrows. If I'd used grenades he would have been even easier.

With the potion changes, however, that would add a bit of difficulty.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I beat him single player with demonite equipment.

I did not find him particularly hard, and he was already much easier now that you could buy cursed arrows

Go BAAACK further.

Back when Skeletron was so tough you couldn't damage him fast enough to win. (also you ALREADY got a Twice Nerfed Skeletron in that example)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

I couldn't solo pre-nerf Skeletron in full molten and with a 'nix + meteor shots. That's how bad it was.

Either that or I suck.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

I beat him forever ago, probably two weeks after release at the very maximum, with Sunfury.  He wasn't all that hard.
Shoes...

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

I beat him in a similar timeframe with the starfury. It's really pretty awesome against flying bosses and I don't care what anyone else says.  8)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I beat him forever ago, probably two weeks after release at the very maximum, with Sunfury.  He wasn't all that hard.

Yes EXACTLY you, both, skipped an entire tier (or two) beyond Skeletron himself just to beat him. (The RPG Equivilant of going 20 levels above a boss to beat them)

The issue was that where Skeletron was he "should" have been capable of being defeated right off of "Nightmare" tier if you had decent equipment for that tier.

He can now, and back then with a very specific set up, because he has been Nerfed twice and better equipment is easier to find... but back then? It was reasonable to run out of time before you killed him with the good weapons.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 04:23:36 pm by Neonivek »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Oh yeah, I'm not saying it was easy, although I worded it poorly in hindsight. He beat me once and I barely made it in time for sunlight. The nerf was well deserved, especially if they mean you to go into the dungeon before hell because at the time hell was a lot easier to deal with then skeletron.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I need a goal. suggest something, like filling the entire world above the surface in.
Everybody!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I need a goal. suggest something, like filling the entire world above the surface in.

Sculpt the world so you can have uninterupted running and jumping from left to right without creating a air bridge.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Yes EXACTLY you, both, skipped an entire tier (or two) beyond Skeletron himself just to beat him. (The RPG Equivilant of going 20 levels above a boss to beat them)

The issue was that where Skeletron was he "should" have been capable of being defeated right off of "Nightmare" tier if you had decent equipment for that tier.

He can now, and back then with a very specific set up, because he has been Nerfed twice and better equipment is easier to find... but back then? It was reasonable to run out of time before you killed him with the good weapons.

Yeah, that's a good point.  He was definitely too hard for the equipment tier he unlocked.  I really only killed him for completion's sake, once I'd gotten full Demonite I'd pretty much beaten the game.
Shoes...

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've already made a cross world undertunnel...

I know, i'll go magma collecting. Can you store magma'd buckets in chests?
Everybody!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep. But of course since you can just get one bucket of magma, go build a giant glass reservoir, and fill it with your one bucket, it's kind of a moot point.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

No, make the surface flat. You asked for a goal, now do it you elf.

Yes, you can store all buckets in chest. Why wouldn't you?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 887