Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254494 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

Kael's server is pretty much dormant now, but it'll probably erupt again when 1.0.6 comes out.
Speaking of 1.0.6, any new news on it? Or an estimated release date? Anything of the sort?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kael's server is pretty much dormant now, but it'll probably erupt again when 1.0.6 comes out.
Speaking of 1.0.6, any new news on it? Or an estimated release date? Anything of the sort?

/crickets

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man, Phantasy Star games... talk about grindy as all hell an enjoyable despite it. Actually, that goes for most FF games too. Just goes to show that a game doesn't need to be no-grind to be good (though I still think we can do better than random loot drops in Terrarria, to bring it allll the way around and back on topic)

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man, Phantasy Star games... talk about grindy as all hell an enjoyable despite it. Actually, that goes for most FF games too. Just goes to show that a game doesn't need to be no-grind to be good (though I still think we can do better than random loot drops in Terrarria, to bring it allll the way around and back on topic)
On the plus side, though cosmetic item acquisition can be pretty arbitrary due to the drop/spawn rates, I was quite happy to find and slay Dr. Bones earlier today. It put a hugely satisfying cap on an extended run of rose harvesting. Say what you will about the downtime, the payoffs can be a very pleasant surprise. Now if only I had a second black lens...
... and then it explodes!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

I've found that the easiest way to get black lenses is to have a desire to blow up the corruption, just like the demolition dwarf says. Start by filling the chasms and connecting tunnel(s) with sand (goodbye desert or two), then grind money for dynamite. What's valuable and comes in large, easily harvested quantities? That's right, demonite. Grind the Eye of Cthulhu, and the huge number of demon eyes you'd need to kill to get all the lenses for 50 plat worth of loot would virtually guarantee you a black lens or five.

Looks like I revealed a little project of mine. I have a good reason though - I want to put a highway from my house to my jungle base at ground level, and cutting through the corruption would be kind of annoying, so I'm taking the route that will be even more annoying but incredibly satisfying: blowing it all to hell. Maybe I'll build a huge artificial meteor in the hole, and maybe I'll put just enough ebonstone in it that I can summon the Eater of Worlds in a chamber inside it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are all orbs smashed forever and no new ones happen?
Everybody!

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

you can get nnew orbs by creating a new world
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

To put it simply, yes. But you can always generate a new world to get more meteorites and vilethorns.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

I'm pretty sure if you smash all the orbs, the game will spawn new meteors on it's own. Someone posted it earlier in the thread, from... source diving I think? Dunno for sure.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

There's always a chance of random meteors.

But people wonder why I bitch about people smashing orbs all at once, and there ya go.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm.

Does lava damage things when it's falling? And can it be made infinate like water, if that still works?
Everybody!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Any news about the next update yet?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To put it simply, yes. But you can always generate a new world to get more meteorites and vilethorns.
Does smashing additional orbs reset the roll for a meteor or does it summon a meteor if any of the rolls succeeded? The wiki claims a 50% chance, but 6 orbs later I've only had one meteor.
... and then it explodes!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

Any news about the next update yet?

The release date of patch 1.0.6 is currently unscheduled. The version was originally going to be called 1.1 as it was such a game changing update, but the idea was dismissed as the developers wanted 1.1 to be a more major game content update, similar to an MMO expansion.[1]
[edit] New Additions and Changes

Inventory/GUI improvements:
        Colored inventory boxes.[2]
        Loot All and Quick Stack Chest functions.[2]
        Trash Can which allows you to retrieve the last item thrown away.[2]
        Items picked up will be placed in the bottom right corner of the inventory first.[2]
        Lock button which prevents the hotbar from being altered.[3]
        Four new inventory slots for ammo.[3]
        Exact health value will be shown above the health bar.[3]
        All mana items will be blue instead of purple.[3]
        Health gain text will be green.[3]
        Right-clicking equippable items will equip them.[3]
        Shift-clicking items will vendor them (if trading with an NPC) or will otherwise trash them.[3]
        Ammo consuming weapons placed in the hotbar will now display how much ammo there is remaining.[3]
        The seven most recently connected servers will now be displayed in the Multiplayer menu.[3]
        It is no longer possible to drop items through the spaces between boxes in the inventory.[4]
    Grapple hotkey added.
    New sounds on some currently quiet enemies/events.[5]
    Magic and mana system overhauled.[3]
        The rate of mana regeneration is based on a percentage of your maximum mana.
        Regeneration rate further varies depending on your current mana (less = slower).
        Mana regeneration bonuses have been converted to maximum mana bonuses.
    Healing potion effectiveness reduced and cooldown increased (Potion Sickness debuff which lasts 60 seconds).[3]
    Life now regenerates automatically. The longer it's been since you've been hit, the faster it regenerates.[3]
    Damage given and received has a 15% variance. There is a 4% chance of a critical hit which deals 100% extra damage[3] (player to enemy only).[6]
    New hairstyles.[7][8][9]
    New dungeon content:[10]
        Spinning spike-ball trap.[5]
        Locked Chests which require Keys to open.[3]
        Increased Spike spawn during world generation.[1]
    New Night's Edge and Dark Lance sprites.[11]
    Items sold to NPCs can be bought back for the selling price.[3]
    Addition and removal of background tiles have now been sped up, as well as 1 tile hole being automatically filled up.[3]
    New status ailments which provide negative effects to both the player and NPCs:[3]
        Poisoned
        On Fire!
        Cursed
        Darkness
    Jungle Armor stats altered:[3]
        Increases maximum mana
        increases magic critical strike chance
        Set bonus: 16% mana usage
    Necro Armor stats altered:[3]
        Increases ranged damage
        Set bonus: 20% chance not to consume ammo
    Improved flail mechanics.[3]
    Different weapons will have different damage types. Eventually in later updates, certain damage types may be more/less effective against certain enemies.[1]
    Cacti no longer cause knock-back.[1]
    Thorny Bushes will now be destroyed after touching them.[1]
    The Band of Starpower now adds 20 maximum mana instead of speeding up mana regeneration.[1]
    Lava Slimes will no longer burst into a pool of lava when killed.[1]

[edit] Bug Fixes

Eater of Worlds will be listed as "flees" when the player exits The Corruption instead of being listed as "defeated".[5]
    Night Owl Potion will actually work.[5]
    Rejuvenation potions will work with the Quick Heal and Quick Mana functions.[5]
    Dungeons will no longer spawn in the ocean.[5]
    NPCs who are far from home will no longer "flip out".[5]
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

Hmm.

Does lava damage things when it's falling? And can it be made infinate like water, if that still works?
1. Yes.
2. Most likely, yes.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 887