Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254467 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #6480 on: December 04, 2011, 04:40:43 am »

Yes, according to Terraria's goofy "it's a spell, no wait it's weapon, no wait it's both!" system. If takes mana, it benefits from mana affecting bonuses.

I read some dev blog where they were discussing the three major 'classes' in Terraria being melee, ranged and magic, and I had to disagree. There's two kinds of classes if you even want to call them that. Melee or not melee. Not melee gets to choose whether ammo is rechargable resource or not.

Here's my "house" now. Further development is mostly on hold until I draft some slaves friends to help me dig the drainage tunnels for the many waterfalls.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 05:10:05 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6481 on: December 04, 2011, 04:54:50 am »

Swanky. You have have problems with snatchers popping up on the jungle areas?

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6482 on: December 04, 2011, 04:56:36 am »

Nenjin, what program you used to make that screenshot-thing?

I would make screen of my skybase then :v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6483 on: December 04, 2011, 05:11:45 am »

Swanky. You have have problems with snatchers popping up on the jungle areas?

Yes but that's all part of the fun of jungle living! Particularly the spawning into piranha-infested water your first time in the world.

Down below the temple it's nice and safe and cozy....except during blood moons. Up top in the temple it's bedlam pretty much 24 hours a day. Except the belfry, ironically. That's where I end up spending a lot of time during Blood Moons because it's easier than monkeying around trying to save NPCs. Haven't tried to fight the Goblins from there. I'm pretty sure it would be funny watching them rain from the sky but it would go on forever.

When I finally do decide to do hard mode, I'll be well prepared.

what program you used to make that screenshot-thing?

http://seancode.com/terrafirma/
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 05:24:05 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6484 on: December 04, 2011, 07:49:25 am »

When I finally do decide to do hard mode, I'll be well prepared.

Until a clown rolls in during a blood moon and blows it all up.  They can spawn anywhere where there the background is open/natural.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6485 on: December 04, 2011, 09:05:07 am »

Spoiler: My sky base! (click to show/hide)

All 10 NPC's and crafting centre. Both garden eggs are purely to save some of my fave grasses. The base is tightly shut and entrances are blocked with rock-shields and dart traps, activated by switches, and pressure plates (dart traps).

Anything outside is left alone for Hallow and Corruption to spread.

NPC's are kept on healthy diet - gel soup! And gel soup sprinkled with sunflower seeds. And gel soup sprinkled with other seeds. Also, more gel. They don't complain so far :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6486 on: December 04, 2011, 09:17:14 am »

That looks pretty neat.  You could extend a central shaft downwards into the earth to get some garden egg thingies for the underground biomes.  Make sure to leave plenty of space around the edges of course.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6487 on: December 04, 2011, 12:00:51 pm »

So I dug a hellevator. I'm currently waiting for the world to finish loading - I saved and quit so that the game could deal with the five trillion or so tiles of water I collected on my way down without me. On my last journey down the shaft to finish mining it out, I had to stop for air four times before getting to the bottom.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6488 on: December 04, 2011, 12:04:10 pm »

I'm a bit confused about hardmode corruption. Can, say, a single tile of corruption grass underground surrounded by dirt (you know, the occasional patches of grass in the dirt) spread?

Also I'm totally going to surgically separate the corruption from the rest of the world by digging a trench between it and everything else so that it's not touching anything. I forgot whose idea that was, but it's a good one. I think.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6489 on: December 04, 2011, 12:10:52 pm »

I'm just gonna dynamite the hell out of it.
*Hugs*

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6490 on: December 04, 2011, 12:16:42 pm »

I'm a bit confused about hardmode corruption. Can, say, a single tile of corruption grass underground surrounded by dirt (you know, the occasional patches of grass in the dirt) spread?

Yes. Yes, it can. I had a single tile of ebonstone (and, near as I can tell, it functions th'same as a single tile of corrupted grass) start corrupting the normal stone in my base. I'd thought th'corruption had finally reached the place, but when I checked the sides, nothing but green grass for a ways out, still. Turned out it was a single bloody block causing it.

Edit: Oh, right. Here's the fun part: The piece of ebonstone had empty areas around it. Only one tile of empty space between it and the nearest normal stone block, but it still managed to corrupt through the air. Trench builders might want to make sure said trench is sizable :P
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 12:27:50 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6491 on: December 04, 2011, 12:18:11 pm »

Also I'm totally going to surgically separate the corruption from the rest of the world by digging a trench between it and everything else so that it's not touching anything. I forgot whose idea that was, but it's a good one. I think.

Won't work, new patches of corruption pop up in a few other places as well, so you can't isolate it beforehand.  You're better off making a safe haven out of your spawn point by encasing it with open space or uncorruptable walls.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6492 on: December 04, 2011, 12:26:31 pm »

Supposedly, the game wants you to combat corruption by planting hallow seeds, which then spread out in what can only be described as a cartoony good corruption.

Corruption can't  takeover hallow, and hallow can't take over corruption. They just meet eachother and then they're at a stalemate for all of eternity.

I don't know why you'd want hallow though, since instead of eaters and devourers, you have unicorns fucking your shit up.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6493 on: December 04, 2011, 12:30:03 pm »

So basically create a little safe haven near your house and let everything else go nuts. Sounds good to me.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6494 on: December 04, 2011, 12:31:13 pm »

Unicorns and th'mfooken laser snails. Unicorns actually aren't that bad, providing they don't land on you. The laser snails, though... those are a bitch.

Honestly, hallow at night is worse than corruption at night. Th'day, though... hallow's more peaceful. Just sprites, which are non-issues, and unicorns. No snails. Corruption still has corruptors and world feeders during the day. No grippers though, at least on the surface.

But yeah. Load up whatever part of the map you're fond of with npcs to stop stuff from spawning and let the rest of the place go straight to hell.

E: As for stopping the corruption... best bet I could think of would be to hallow up a world before you kill the wall, probably via imported holy water. Once th'wall's killed, go back in with more water and clean up whatever patches of corruption pop up. Assuming the unicorns don't sodomize you in the process.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 12:35:30 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 887