Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261163 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #6585 on: December 05, 2011, 08:56:30 am »

if timed correctly you won't get hit.
But if you don't keep the pattern down exactly or a bit of lag comes into play it hits like a truck. And double-jumping over him makes him charge at you from a higher angle, which makes jumping over him again more difficult.

There probably are patterns you can take in there, but it's a very quick boss with a bit of an odd pattern to figure out that hits really hard and requires a skybridge already be built before hallow hits it. Although I don't think the sky counts as a hallow biome unless a hallow skybridge is up there, so I guess that point is moot.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6586 on: December 05, 2011, 09:39:02 am »

So, have we met that werewolf thing from one of the pictures where the fairy was first shown? If so, what is it?

Werewolves spawn on grassland during Blood Moon. You can get Moon Charm from them, which turns you into werewolf at Full Moon.

I got Warding Moon Charm once :P (+4 defense)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6587 on: December 05, 2011, 09:41:32 am »

Supposedly silver bullets do bonus damage on them, although in my tests it did around 20-something damage each, so it's definitely not enough to compete with the beasts armor.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6588 on: December 05, 2011, 10:09:00 am »

So my dream of perpetual waterfalls is dead :(

With the pumps producing too much water, (flooded my underground super highway to the roof, even with a screen wide overflow chamber.) hell is the only place to put it. Unfortunately, it evaporates the entire column of water, thus killing the pumps.

I tried putting in some separator mechanisms in the drainage tunnel to separate the water column for when the evaporation hits, but it didn't seem to work. There just doesn't seem to be any solution to it, the evaporation is all or nothing and you can't do stuff like roll the water stream off ledges to separate it or finesse stuff like that because you're pushing 4 to 12 tiles of water a second. And even if you could, the evaporation would probably screw you there too.

If pumps were outputting exactly as much water as they were drawing, you might get away with it. Or if the hell evaporation only worked in chunks. But right now messing with perpetual fluids just earns you a flooded world or disappointment.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For reference it took about 75 gold worth of wiring to pull it together.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 10:17:27 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6589 on: December 05, 2011, 10:26:27 am »

Relax, your world still looks cool.
Everybody!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #6590 on: December 05, 2011, 11:15:41 am »

now, if only there were a in game mission pointer to stuff (or hints on what to do next)!

I hate those sandboxy games where you need to spoiler yourself with a wiki to get to the meaty content  ::)

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6591 on: December 05, 2011, 11:16:48 am »

So. Now that I've finished encrusting the spawn with silver, what should I make it into?

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6592 on: December 05, 2011, 11:22:53 am »

now, if only there were a in game mission pointer to stuff (or hints on what to do next)!

I hate those sandboxy games where you need to spoiler yourself with a wiki to get to the meaty content  ::)

There's this NPC called the "Guide", he usually gives hints on what to do next or where to go. The other NPCs also give you hints on how to progress.  These hints cover most aspects of the game, pointing you towards all the required bosses and the Dungeon and stuff. Everything else is hinted at by the crafting info the Guide gives you.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 11:24:42 am by Rhodan »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #6593 on: December 05, 2011, 11:34:50 am »

wow, since when?

sure I now look like an ass  :o

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6594 on: December 05, 2011, 11:35:43 am »

The crafting info's been in for quite a few versions, the Guide's been in since the prerelease.
*Hugs*

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6595 on: December 05, 2011, 01:08:10 pm »

The crafting info's been in for quite a few versions, the Guide's been in since the prerelease.

Crafting info came around 1.0.5 I think.

Before that, he was useless.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #6596 on: December 05, 2011, 01:37:49 pm »

So my dream of perpetual waterfalls is dead :(

With the pumps producing too much water, (flooded my underground super highway to the roof, even with a screen wide overflow chamber.) hell is the only place to put it. Unfortunately, it evaporates the entire column of water, thus killing the pumps.
Can't you use a smaller pump system or several to fill a small, enclosed cistern with perpetually increasing water, then have separate pumps to create the intended waterfall that drains into hell? You would of course need to set up enough feedback pumps so that they create enough water by duplicaton to equal the amount that exits the system via the waterfall itself, but in principle the system should work fairly well.

Unless I've missed some obvious detail.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6597 on: December 05, 2011, 01:41:34 pm »

So I've managed to somehow catapult myself from wimpy newbie to fairly awesome guy pretty fast.

I have full molten armor, someone on Kael's server was nice enough to give me a mythic laser rifle for free and without solicitation, I have alot of potions. I've killed every easymode boss, defeated the goblin army singlehandedly, thoroughly plumbed the depths of the dungeon, and I have alot of money.

I'm also at max life, and I have like 21 life crystals just lying around in my base. If anyone needs any, just ask. I also only need 2 more mana crystals to max out my mana, maybe we could trade, I dunno.

I think I'll take on the wall of flesh pretty soon. I think I'm ready.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6598 on: December 05, 2011, 01:58:27 pm »

Don't worry, you'll be fine. Well, until you kill the wall, that is. :3

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6599 on: December 05, 2011, 02:04:34 pm »

Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!

/navi

So yeah, I finished everything, and since I can't do MP, that's it for me. I might come back to it to try to solo all three hardmode bosses at the same time (or do a marathon where I keep summoning them until dawn), but for now I'm out.

If anyone cares at all:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pretty much all of it is Godly, Legendary, or Mythical, and I've still got a crapload of plat left. I'd offer to gift my remaining souls to someone, but again, no MP for me.  :-\

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 887