Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261473 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #6765 on: December 07, 2011, 10:56:36 am »

WoF was actually the god of this world, and the only stabilizing force keeping the outside at bay. It has been keeping the corruption and the hallow in check for aeons until some asshole started digging holes in the world and then killed it in its weakened state.

We're monsters.

Well don't forget what happens when you destroy those orbs... :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6766 on: December 07, 2011, 11:17:27 am »

WoF was actually the god of this world, and the only stabilizing force keeping the outside at bay. It has been keeping the corruption and the hallow in check for aeons until some asshole started digging holes in the world and then killed it in its weakened state.

We're monsters.

The orbs were the pillars of the world holding up the stars and the sky. As you destroy them the stars begin to fall.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6767 on: December 07, 2011, 11:39:26 am »

We're monsters.

The orbs were the pillars of the world holding up the stars and the sky. As you destroy them the stars begin to fall.
And the goblin attacks are actually them trying to stop you from destroying the world.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: December 07, 2011, 11:42:31 am »

We're monsters.

And the goblin attacks are actually them trying to stop you from destroying the world.

Actually... I would entirely believe that.

I mean your the most destructive influence in the world. Would you have sat and done absolutely nothing the world would be a better place.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6769 on: December 07, 2011, 11:48:33 am »

You're stealing precious items from the harpy civilization which went to great lengths to lock them away in chests on the floating islands so nobody could use them.

A cursed old man sealed powerful items away in a dungeon for the good of the world and appointed himself their eternal guardian until you came along and killed the shit out of him and stole everything.

Even the demons are guarding the most powerful world-destroying items at the behest of the God of Flesh so that you don't use them.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: December 07, 2011, 11:52:31 am »

But...you only use them in order to destroy more things and get more loot.
This is horrifying, in order to protect their civilisation, they bought the destroyer upon them.

On another note, my hell is really corrupt. S'not good.
Everybody!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6771 on: December 07, 2011, 12:18:23 pm »

Whoever was complaining about Corrupt Slimes: Don't. They're awesome, as they give you three chances at a night soul per kill rather than one.  :D

I think I need to start carving out a garden world to keep myself interested in the game...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6772 on: December 07, 2011, 12:20:08 pm »

Ok, it's official. Four WoF kills, and all i've had are useless emblems.
Everybody!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6773 on: December 07, 2011, 12:56:20 pm »

So the meters falling are actually chunks of the barrier keeping the hallow and the corruption from fully entering the world, thus the short message whenever one is destroyed.  However the shadow orbs are not capable of completely destroying the barrier themselves while the WoF is still there, as the wall uses it's power to seal the breaches as they come up. 

The Eater of worlds is a creature of corruption that rests on the barrier and can overcome the Wall of flesh's temporary seals, but is not motivated to (except when you offer it food).  When three orbs are destroyed it simply falls through (not of it's own volition so it's quite pissed about it)as the barrier becomes too weak to support it.  And of course the wall of flesh reseals the opening when that happens.  The eater of worlds is not part of the corruption's plans to spread, it is not intelligent, it is simply an animal native to the corruption plane.

Once the wall is defeated however the barrier is completely weakened, no longer a hindrance for the invaders even without any orbs destroyed they can still sneak in through the cracks that had cropped up over time that the wall had been fixing.  The orbs themselves are dimensional bombs that they had managed to quickly propel through the barrier like a bullet, thus the deep chasms dug into the earth where they are present, the corruption surrounding it is simply the energy that had managed to travel through the opening the bullet had made before the Wall had sealed it up.  Capable of spreading, but without the energy from the other side of the barrier, it lacks the power to overcome simple obstacles. 

I am calling that canon until informed otherwise.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6774 on: December 07, 2011, 01:09:53 pm »

I like this.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6775 on: December 07, 2011, 01:12:07 pm »

Hehe, and then there will be an update where the ReLogic will reveal a grand plot that they totally hadn;'t thought of until they read posts like that one. Of course, they'll say they had it planned from the start ;D
*Hugs*

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: December 07, 2011, 01:12:41 pm »

That is now canon. Even if it stated not to be at some point, it still will be.

Goblins though. You forgot them.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6777 on: December 07, 2011, 01:14:02 pm »

*Goblins are merely inhabitants that want to protect the world from you destroying it

There, we're done here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6778 on: December 07, 2011, 01:15:01 pm »

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6779 on: December 07, 2011, 01:28:31 pm »

It makes sense. Perhaps the defenders of the world are stagnant and apathetic now, the goblins only decided to act when you were already strong, or too strong.

Similar to the eye, the eye was put there to watch your progress...
Everybody!
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 887