Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261105 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #6915 on: December 09, 2011, 06:41:38 am »

The assault rifle's better, probably. The shotgun shoots one additional bullet so it might do more damage when they all hit.

The Megashark's doubtlessly better though.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6916 on: December 09, 2011, 06:42:42 am »

Shotgun's good for hunting wabbits though. And birds.
*Hugs*

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6917 on: December 09, 2011, 06:56:54 am »

Shotgun is kinda fun. I'm using it since I only got Breaker Blade from wall and haven't bothered to kill it again yet.
It does do some pretty hefty damage if every bullet hits.

Only cons are the bullet spread at medium to long range, and the slow firing rate. (Which is further compounded by my shotgun having the Slow modifier and costing 50 g to reforge, damn it.)

Haven't tried it with Crystal shot yet.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 06:59:02 am by Lightning4 »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6918 on: December 09, 2011, 09:57:39 am »

Grinding the wall for more assault rifles of a good quality seems easier than building up the gold to reforge a shotgun multiple times. I may have a megashark soon to play around with though.

After a while of messing around with crystal bullets I found it really frequently hits the armor cap of enemies, causing them to do like 8 damage or something absurd. I'm just gonna stick with cursed bullets.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6919 on: December 09, 2011, 10:05:18 am »

Grinding the wall for more assault rifles of a good quality seems easier than building up the gold to reforge a shotgun multiple times. I may have a megashark soon to play around with though.

After a while of messing around with crystal bullets I found it really frequently hits the armor cap of enemies, causing them to do like 8 damage or something absurd. I'm just gonna stick with cursed bullets.

Crystal shot is very effective against large targets (preferably bosses), since the shards can hit the large target multiple times while dealing slightly small damage, but totaling to a higher damage count overall. It's very effective against the twins and skeletron prime, as well as their standard counterparts.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6920 on: December 09, 2011, 10:08:56 am »

I dunno, the way the shots reflect off seems to make that a moot point a majority of the time. I guess I prefer reliable damage than a chance to deal slightly more damage, although I still suspect that at the armor level of the bosses the extra damage isn't as much as solid base damage.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6921 on: December 09, 2011, 12:22:16 pm »

Crystal bullets are easier to stockpile.

Am I the only one who thinks skeleton archers are stupidly good shots?

Everybody!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6922 on: December 09, 2011, 12:25:24 pm »

Regarding arenas for hardmode bosses: If you have wings and spectre boots (I.E. if you're prepared at all for hardmode bosses), you DO NOT want a ton of wooden platforms anywhere, as you can fly for a substantial length of time, and platforms are only going to slow you down while dodging downward. Again, I'd like to recommend the skybridge style of arena for hardmode bosses, as it is probably the safest and most predictable way to fight them, because you'll be out of their range most of the time, and they will always rush in the exact same ways to catch up to you. Basically, the more space and fewer obstacles, the better.

Crystal bullets are easier to stockpile.

But cursed bullets are better.  :P

And yeah, they are. Yet another reason to use the flamethrower: the constant interrupt keeps them from shooting.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6923 on: December 09, 2011, 12:39:32 pm »

Regarding arenas for hardmode bosses: If you have wings and spectre boots (I.E. if you're prepared at all for hardmode bosses), you DO NOT want a ton of wooden platforms anywhere, as you can fly for a substantial length of time, and platforms are only going to slow you down while dodging downward. Again, I'd like to recommend the skybridge style of arena for hardmode bosses, as it is probably the safest and most predictable way to fight them, because you'll be out of their range most of the time, and they will always rush in the exact same ways to catch up to you. Basically, the more space and fewer obstacles, the better.

This, oh so much, especially when using gravitation potions to fly around. You'll never be able to clip through wooden platforms upside-down no matter what.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6924 on: December 09, 2011, 12:41:22 pm »

That' is actually only half true. You can always fly upwards through platforms.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6925 on: December 09, 2011, 12:45:43 pm »

Everyone but me

They are shitty shots, I can only really say lasersnails are good shots because they are both accurate and have a fast projectile. Mages appear to be 100% accurate but have slow projectiles, archers have a random spread to their arrows.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #6926 on: December 09, 2011, 12:48:23 pm »

I don't know if it's just me being pissy but I'm seriously starting to believe from all his posts that duke just isn't playing the same games everyone else is. The only way you could possibly hit the armor cap with any of the hardmode guns even with plain musket balls on the bosses is incompetence.

And on arenas I'm of the mind that for the twins, you want a straight walkway and wings + spectre boots. Since extra platforms will just get you cursed flamethrowered. Though for the destroyer I feel a more elaborate arena that you have actual solid land to hide behind to avoid lasers is more practical than anything else. We TRIED to use our twins arena on him for shits and giggles and it was a damn disaster. I think Ochita got shredded like 5-7 times and he got into the house and murdered the hell out of all our npcs besides the guide.

Sure post fight I shot the guide but that was just to prove a point I forgot.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6927 on: December 09, 2011, 12:53:31 pm »

I don't know if it's just me being pissy but I'm seriously starting to believe from all his posts that duke just isn't playing the same games everyone else is.
I think it's just me being pissy and over-exaggerating stuff a bit.

And prefixes may play a role in things, and I don't care to dump 80+ gold on each shotgun reroll when I only have +knockback on it.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6928 on: December 09, 2011, 12:55:31 pm »

Going for the twins? It might be good to invest in heart statues, and possibly mana statues for the mage types. Link them to a timer and you have a constantly refreshing supply of hearts that nearly nullifies the need to drink health pots.

As for real combat tactics against the twins, when Spaz goes to his second form and starts charging at you, always be at a steep diagonal position from his position, so you can dodge his attacks. If you're wearing spectre + wings combo, you can go matador and keep dodging once he misses.

Obviously, that is only worthwhile when wielding long range weaponry, since you can deal damage while fleeing.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6929 on: December 09, 2011, 01:22:40 pm »

And always, always, always kill Spaz first.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 887