Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261075 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #7080 on: December 11, 2011, 02:00:35 am »

I just sell everything I get my hands on that me or another player in my server doesn't need. And shoot everything that moves. Going underground to look for stuff or helping out others at times got me anywhere from 10-30 gold a trip if I half care to pick anything up anymore. A lot more if I actually try and mine valubles.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7081 on: December 11, 2011, 02:01:24 am »

I just sell everything I get my hands on that me or another player in my server doesn't need. And shoot everything that moves. Going underground to look for stuff or helping out others at times got me anywhere from 10-30 gold a trip if I half care to pick anything up anymore. A lot more if I actually try and mine valubles.

Ahh I see. So it is the "You play a lot more then I do" gig :P . A single "underground trip" thanks to digging can take hours of gametime. Though the dungeon isn't as difficult.

I guess what I'll do is "Small world" runs.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 02:02:56 am by Neonivek »

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7082 on: December 11, 2011, 02:03:22 am »

I keep pretty much everything. I AM AN ADMITTED HORDER.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7083 on: December 11, 2011, 02:10:52 am »

What do you think of Monster drops?

I keep around junk and enchant it just to see if it remains crappy-

Which it usually does for hardmode.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7084 on: December 11, 2011, 02:18:41 am »

Gah, I don't know what it is about this game.  Everytime I stop playing all my insides feel bad.  I'm starting to think all my guts literally try to hibernate whenever I play Terraria.  This can't be healthy.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #7085 on: December 11, 2011, 02:20:55 am »

You're merging with the game.

I hope you like your computer chair.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7086 on: December 11, 2011, 02:23:29 am »

Maybe you're just playing for way too long.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7087 on: December 11, 2011, 02:25:20 am »

Gah, I don't know what it is about this game.  Everytime I stop playing all my insides feel bad.  I'm starting to think all my guts literally try to hibernate whenever I play Terraria.  This can't be healthy.

Ohh, that is actually an outright addiction.

and is pretty serious... like... "Stop playing Terraria altogether" sort of addiction.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7088 on: December 11, 2011, 02:25:57 am »

If your guts have dirt and gold in them, you'd best keep playing.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #7089 on: December 11, 2011, 02:31:53 am »

In all seriousness, maybe you just feel kind've ill and you get into the game enough that you don't notice it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7090 on: December 11, 2011, 02:45:21 am »

In all seriousness, maybe you just feel kind've ill and you get into the game enough that you don't notice it.

That still steps into addiction.

Though in that case it is fixed by having him/her/it take breaks between goes.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #7091 on: December 11, 2011, 02:47:02 am »

Being sick and something distracting you from it long enough to not notice being sick isn't really addiction. I don't even like Nethack that much and some years ago I played it during a bad stomach flu to prevent myself from vomiting all the time.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7092 on: December 11, 2011, 02:49:17 am »

Being sick and something distracting you from it long enough to not notice being sick isn't really addiction. I don't even like Nethack that much and some years ago I played it during a bad stomach flu to prevent myself from vomiting all the time.

We are talking about someone who plays Terraria for so long their health degrades and they don't even know it until they stop.

In a similar vein as those people who played videogames until their legs degenerated.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #7093 on: December 11, 2011, 02:57:04 am »

The thing is, did they bring it up specifically because they'd played it so long their health had degraded, or were they making a semi sarcastic comment about "oh man this game is making me sick it's so awesome"? :P

I really bet it's the latter.

EDIT: V V V What he said.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 03:01:19 am by Seriyu »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7094 on: December 11, 2011, 03:00:14 am »

We are talking about someone who plays Terraria for so long their health degrades and they don't even know it until they stop.

In a similar vein as those people who played videogames until their legs degenerated.

Psh, that was nothing. All they had to do was hide for a few seconds and they recovered completely.

No, what this is like is that one time where a kid accidentally shot himself because he played games, which was plainly obvious, as the console was only three rooms away. In this case, the gun is illness, the console is Terraria, and the analogy is fatally flawed.

Point is, I've played games while ill to avoid constantly thinking about being sick, and I've developed little illnesses like colds, etc. while playing and not noticed. It isn't a sign of addiction; the same thing happens to me with books, interesting films, surfing the internet, biking, etc. Games occupy your attention, which naturally means that other things won't be instantly noticable. Now if it was less that/joking and more 'wow I just noticed that I'm 50lb underweight and have a hacking cough', it would be a problem.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 887