Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254490 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #7575 on: December 20, 2011, 04:45:31 pm »

Different races. Like dwarves. Shorter but slower.
Able to walk in tunnels that are only 2 blocks high? Because that would be pretty fricking awesome really.

Yup. That would be freaking awsome.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7576 on: December 20, 2011, 04:52:03 pm »

Thinking about what I said earlier... you know what would be cool? Block effects.

Imagine, if you will, a "compass" block. Comes in four flavors. Everything nearby gets pushed slightly either left, right, up, or down, depending on the flavor, until the object has passed the block. Larger clusters of blocks have a larger effect.

Snow that slow the movement speed of enemies and players that touch them (with the exception of snow enemies of course)

Quicksand blocks that are only semi-solid, and work like the quicksand from Mario games.

Magic blocks, that replenish the mana of those standing near them. Perhaps make them unminable (or have them revert to normal blocks when mined). Suddenly players can create magic shrines around these nodes of power!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7577 on: December 20, 2011, 04:54:17 pm »

I'd like to see further materials, specifically 'damaged', 'worn', and 'vegetated' versions of bricks, to add further flavor for those of us who enjoy building ruins.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7578 on: December 21, 2011, 01:22:10 am »

I'd like to see further materials, specifically 'damaged', 'worn', and 'vegetated' versions of bricks, to add further flavor for those of us who enjoy building ruins.

Maybe an improvement to the multiplayer aspect like server lists :P

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #7579 on: December 21, 2011, 01:27:31 am »

Are we giving general wishes?

Mine is simple, at least conceptually:

Inventory management.  Make shift-click move stacks to/from chests/banks/safes if you have one open.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7580 on: December 21, 2011, 01:35:05 am »

Are we giving general wishes?

Mine is simple, at least conceptually:

Inventory management.  Make shift-click move stacks to/from chests/banks/safes if you have one open.

Ohh we listing wishes now? I was just trying to hint enough that someone would tell me the IPs to a few servers >_>

My wish is a spell that summons a frog that hops around until it touches something... and then explodes... and shoots out flies that homes in on enemies and pelts them.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7581 on: December 21, 2011, 01:35:47 am »

Seconding the vehicles thing. I don't care how they're implemented, as long as they're a reasonable tier and fast. Even with all the movement-enhancing stuff it takes way too long to trek across a world.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7582 on: December 21, 2011, 01:38:13 am »

I myself would like a hardmode jungle, one that starts spreading like hallow or corruption, and can go up bricks and cover your property in vines. Maybe you could even make a vine trellis, just to look cool.

Or just harder jungle enemies, either way.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7583 on: December 21, 2011, 02:10:30 am »

I myself would like a hardmode jungle, one that starts spreading like hallow or corruption, and can go up bricks and cover your property in vines. Maybe you could even make a vine trellis, just to look cool.

Or just harder jungle enemies, either way.
Yeah, that'd be nice. Vines sure are nice.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7584 on: December 21, 2011, 05:00:18 am »

The grind.. the GRIND!

I am SO happy I have a depth sensor...

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7585 on: December 21, 2011, 05:05:59 am »

I'd like a mechanical version of the Wall of Flesh, a revised Clown that only throws bombs when you are in sight, and throws it where you stand in exchange for it not throwing bombs when you're not in sight, liquids not being a part of the backwall layer again, an easier way to remove large parts of hallow/corruption without having to make ugly holes in the ground, and a closer-to-minecraft-redstone wire features, such as one-way cables and the like.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 08:31:38 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7586 on: December 21, 2011, 05:09:24 am »

Dear Redigit, for Christmas I would like some fucking consistency in your game. Thank you.
I'm starting to not enjoy the game as much now that it feels more and more like a bunch of kids sat down and shouted out random ideas for a game, and somebody put all of them together...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7587 on: December 21, 2011, 05:11:31 am »

Dear Redigit, for Christmas I would like some fucking consistency in your game. Thank you.
I'm starting to not enjoy the game as much now that it feels more and more like a bunch of kids sat down and shouted out random ideas for a game, and somebody put all of them together...

Odd I thought that was intentional. that this game is supposed to feel patchwork and cheap.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7588 on: December 21, 2011, 05:19:54 am »

Yea, I always put that down to the fact that it was made by a single guy, and he was rather young. Still developing he's skills so to speak... But it is getting worse, not better.

Honestly, the pop culture references are cute, but at what cost?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7589 on: December 21, 2011, 05:23:17 am »

I don't know everything he does seems to come with a bunch of things he shouldn't have.

Hard mode unlocked? Perfect!

Hardmode regrinding? Why? (Actually probably because it adds another 20+ hours! :D)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 05:48:45 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 887