Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1260983 times)

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 coming out on October 1st
« Reply #9270 on: September 16, 2013, 04:07:47 pm »

I'll be doing a 1.2 server on October 1st but it will be new characters only. I'd rather not have characters in hallowed gear pop in to murder all the non-hardmode bosses.
Awesome! I'll be there!
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9271 on: September 17, 2013, 12:11:26 am »

I really hope the update won't break old worlds.
In one of my worlds, I started mass killing EaterOfWorlds and am building a Demonite brick castle.

No but it will likely require you to make new ones to get all the content.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9272 on: September 17, 2013, 12:29:36 am »

Might have to fire up terraria again with 1.2 as well. And maybe I'll join one of the b12 servers this time instead of playing it single player. Dunno if I have any of my old chars or worlds left, though I'd prefer to make a new char+world anyways.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9273 on: September 17, 2013, 12:32:40 am »

Might have to fire up terraria again with 1.2 as well. And maybe I'll join one of the b12 servers this time instead of playing it single player. Dunno if I have any of my old chars or worlds left, though I'd prefer to make a new char+world anyways.

There are two parts that make me basically weep with the prospect of doing that.

Early game Metal Mining (UUUUUUGH!!!) and Late game Metal Mining (NOOOO!!!)

Other then that, I'd make a new character on the spot... Well that and soul grinding.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9274 on: September 17, 2013, 12:46:25 am »

I don't think anyone really looks forward to those parts. It did get old pretty fast. Luckily killing the eater was pretty easy if I recall and he dropped a mess of demonite to quickly get up into the demon gear with, the hardmode metal mining is just a pain no matter how you go about it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9275 on: September 17, 2013, 12:49:00 am »

I don't think anyone really looks forward to those parts. It did get old pretty fast. Luckily killing the eater was pretty easy if I recall and he dropped a mess of demonite to quickly get up into the demon gear with, the hardmode metal mining is just a pain no matter how you go about it.

Ohh you would be surprised. A lot of people consider the "endless digging for materials" to be the best part of Terraria... even in this very message board.

Also to my knowledge they removed that method of quickly getting demonite gear.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9276 on: September 17, 2013, 12:56:12 am »

Ah, well then looks like there will be no avoiding the grind then. I've had a little over a year since I've last played I think. I guess thats enough of a break from the grind for a little while at least heh.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9277 on: September 17, 2013, 12:59:52 am »

I actually enjoy wandering the world or caving for metals. It's quite relaxing.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9278 on: September 17, 2013, 01:03:03 am »

The copper through gold part wasn't that bad. I only really got tired of it while working my way up through the hardmode armour tiers.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9279 on: September 17, 2013, 03:20:48 am »

I adore the mindless hours of monotonous mining, punctuated by the occasional discovery of a box of nifty loot and the hint of a dark, un-mined space over yonder!

If only those damned bosses would leave me alone....... ;_;
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9280 on: September 17, 2013, 10:07:44 am »

Well, looks like I'm going back to Terraria in two weeks.
The game has gotten really boring at a certain boring and turned into a grind, really.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9281 on: September 17, 2013, 10:17:45 am »

If this game was really moddable we'd have automated quarries by now :D

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9282 on: September 17, 2013, 01:48:28 pm »

Looks nice, plus I made a character recently that's not too strong (not hardmode, demonite armor and jungle sword or something like that).

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9283 on: September 17, 2013, 05:50:21 pm »

I restarted my character, made a new world and now I've got full copper armor, an iron bow, a superior spear, a legendary iron pickaxe and a gold broadsword. Furthermore I've got the merchant and the demolition man and I've managed to explore down to the second underground layer. All in all a productive seven or maybe eight hours.

I'm now kind looking to do some multiplayer and am wondering how to go about doing that. I'll likely join up with Bay 12 Games Night or some other Bay 12 server but I'd like to know the ins and outs of it before I give it a shot, or at least the bare-bones basics of how to do multiplayer. Could someone here please inform me on what needs to be done for multiplayer in Terraria?

I actually enjoy wandering the world or caving for metals. It's quite relaxing.

I enjoy it as well, though sometimes the sandworms are pretty frightening. At least it's not whatever Devourer is. That I tried to run from that thing and failed miserably. Luckily I'm not doing hardcore mode just yet.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9284 on: September 17, 2013, 06:46:49 pm »

wait, stuffs been updated already? i thought it was out october 1?
Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 887