Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261264 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10230 on: October 07, 2013, 02:22:17 pm »

Tip for killing hardmode bosses easily:

Get lots of friends. Get lots of firepower. Fight it at spawn, so people who die can get back in the fight.

SUCCESS!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10231 on: October 07, 2013, 03:13:37 pm »

killed eater of worlds, very easy once you have demonic weapons. drops allowed me to craft shadow helmet and greaves, now i need to grind some more demonic ore for the mail.

huh, any advice in how to find the goblin tinkerer? i have looked in every surface cave i've been and havent found him.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10232 on: October 07, 2013, 03:17:23 pm »

You beat to beat the goblin army first to have him spawn. Which mean you need to kill goblins in the forest for tattered cloth to make the battle emblem to summon them.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 03:20:42 pm by choppy »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10233 on: October 07, 2013, 03:24:58 pm »

The criteria for a goblin invasion to occur at all is as follows: [1]

You must have at least one person in the game with 200+ current life.
    You must have smashed at least one Shadow Orb.
    You must not have had an invasion within seven in-game days.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10234 on: October 07, 2013, 03:25:48 pm »

i know right, i have beaten 2 invasions, but i havent found him yet.....

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #10235 on: October 07, 2013, 03:26:06 pm »

Or just let time pass. They come eventually.

I actually forgot the tattered cloth was a thing, this game has enough content for several games, so it gets rather confusing at points what is and isn't a thing.

EDIT: Ninja'd DOUBLE NINJA
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10236 on: October 07, 2013, 03:26:24 pm »

So, hardmode.

The Wall of Flesh was... well, not a wuss as such, but yeah. Didn't warrant nearly as much preparation as I had done. Pretty much waterbolted the thing to death, without any sort of special arena setup, just fly away and let the mana flower chug potions for you. Finished it off with the Boomstick, just because using a spell from roughly midgame for the entirety of the fight felt cheap. The drop was unimpressive. Just the required hammer, and the warrior accessory.

Afterwards it was... interesting.

So, whatever pattern it is that the Hallow and Corruption (Crimson in my case) spawn, it either doesn't originate where it's supposed to, or something is tremendously weird about it. If it originates from under the map's center, then it's an "X", judging by the placement of the new Crimson segment. Which means that I'm basically SOL for Hallow, because the upper half of the Hallowed side of the X ends up in a Crimson Frost biome, which I've takes steps to isolate from the mainland beforehand. So I guess it's mass purification time.

Smashed three Altars already, thankfully a few were in memorable places nearby. Got Cobalt, Mythril, and Titanium. Neat. Cobalt armor is worse than Molten. No surprise there. I even managed to luck on a whole set of Ancient Cobalt gear in the jungle before Hardmode, and it's hardly any different.

First night was a Blood Moon, which meant that my ship was beset upon by harpies. (No "luck dragons" so far) After quickly closing all doors, the ship was hastily abandoned to prevent damage to the crew. Spent the night doing damage control on the Crimson spread, following the surface branch of the new protrusion down and leftward, separating the center "island" from the spread. Hopefully. Got about a quarter of the way through.

New enemies are... fun. Wacky, even. New weapons are likewise. Got myself a shotgun to replace the Boomstick, and a stack of explosive bullets. Damn near killed myself from trying to use it in close quarters.

So, all in all... yeah, it's going to be harder to live in the world. Once I get the Crimson under control (I'm thinking a pair of bomb-hewn Hellevators on the sides of the pattern should do the trick), we'll see about if it's more fun.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10237 on: October 07, 2013, 03:27:46 pm »

Yeah, the crimson/corruption and hallow both spawn in a diagonal lign, in different directions each. That can result in either an X, V, or ^ shape.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10238 on: October 07, 2013, 03:29:38 pm »

I'm aiming for the Destroyer at the moment, and I think I have a skybox that can deal with him. The only issue at the moment is that the tremendous amount of DPS causes an incredible number of probes to spawn, which in turn kills me as I'm only wearing Crimtane armor. However, I have a feeling that Molten would allow me to tank the damage better, and I'm gonna reforge everything for more defense. Prehardmode equipment farming of destroyer HO. Thank you lucky jungle temple layout giving me spiked balls and stuff.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/beorn080/screenshots
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10239 on: October 07, 2013, 04:01:37 pm »

Meteor armor get! Infinite lasers mode activate.  8)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10240 on: October 07, 2013, 04:09:11 pm »

So, wait, you can use Meteor Armor for infinite mana?
I had it once before, in, like, 2012.
Black lives matter.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10241 on: October 07, 2013, 04:14:18 pm »

No, only for space gun with no mana cost.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10242 on: October 07, 2013, 04:16:11 pm »

Smashed three Altars already, thankfully a few were in memorable places nearby. Got Cobalt, Mythril, and Titanium. Neat. Cobalt armor is worse than Molten. No surprise there. I even managed to luck on a whole set of Ancient Cobalt gear in the jungle before Hardmode, and it's hardly any different.
Ancient Cobalt armor isn't actually a cobalt Cobalt gear equivalent :P It's the old version of jungle armor.

Melee cobalt setup's... one more point of defense than molten, and 15% melee speed instead of 17% melee damage for the set bonus, on top of the base armor bonuses (so 17% melee damage vs. 27% melee speed (if it's just added, anyway), 17% movement speed, and 3% crit, total.). The other hats have less defense, but appropriate style effects. It's certainly statistically better, overall... fairly notably so. Mythril+ definitely goes further in terms of base defense, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10243 on: October 07, 2013, 04:18:07 pm »

Oh.
Black lives matter.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10244 on: October 07, 2013, 04:49:35 pm »

My fav of the hardmode ore armor was oricalcum that flower petal was godly in pvp with a shotgun also it look good with my Ghost Wings I still use it as my vanity item with my Hallowed Set
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 887