Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 743 744 [745] 746 747 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261379 times)

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #11160 on: February 18, 2014, 05:42:59 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Looks like you're clicking every 20 to 21 milliseconds, starting 400 to 420 milliseconds after initial button press.

So you hold down LMB with the Click Down, then you're sending Click events while it's held down?  How does that even work?

Why are you capping the loop counter at 1000?

Hmm.  Also, this script won't work at all about 4% of the time.  It will just mysteriously not do anything.  Try this header fragment:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11161 on: February 19, 2014, 01:26:24 am »

I like the spiders. My space gun chews through them like paper.
I hate spiders! :D
Why isn't there a mod which makes them...different?! Dx

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11162 on: February 19, 2014, 02:20:25 am »

I like the spiders. My space gun chews through them like paper.
I hate spiders! :D
Why isn't there a mod which makes them...different?! Dx
My thoughts exactly. I was really enjoying Terraria up until BLOOD SPIDER NOPE NOPE NOPE EXIT GOODBYE.

I would love it if they just became floating orbs or something. I think it's mainly the way they move.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11164 on: February 19, 2014, 02:30:18 am »

Here you go: http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/no-spiders-mod.118856/
THANK YOU SO MUCH. Now I just need to figure out how to install the thing.

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11165 on: February 19, 2014, 06:53:04 am »

Looks like you're clicking every 20 to 21 milliseconds, starting 400 to 420 milliseconds after initial button press.

So you hold down LMB with the Click Down, then you're sending Click events while it's held down?  How does that even work?

Why are you capping the loop counter at 1000?

Main reason was not to let autofire mess with you when you mess with inventory, hence delayed spam.
I capped counter cuz I am afraid of int overload issue which may or may not xplode autohotkey.

20ms and 20counter is taken out of nowhere, I just messed with values till it feels right. Uncommenting Tooltip lines will let you feel how exact values work

Hmm.  Also, this script won't work at all about 4% of the time.

Autohotkey for me is a hideous creature with erratic behaviour. I have no slightest idea why it derps from time to time, but I only noticed that ingame and intervals are uneven, not exactly 4%.
My main point is that I can actually use all weapons, play game normally, alt-tab browse etc without even remembering that I altered behaviour of mouse button.
I think dividing weapons to auto-and-no-swing is ridiculously stupid game design decision, so I don't feel anywhere cheaty or sumthin.
In Soviet Russia cigarette smokes you

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11166 on: February 19, 2014, 06:58:20 am »

The main advantage of certain lower-power weapons such as the Muramasa is the auto-strike. Also known as the defining difference between a rifle and an assault rifle, at least originally. Or a pistol and a machine pistol. It's not a stupid design decision, I think it is actually a very smart way of adding worth to higher-level melee weapons. Semi-automatic and automatic swords. All we need now is bolt-action, break-action, and pump-action. Well, I guess spears count as pump-action.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11167 on: February 19, 2014, 07:59:41 am »

The main advantage of certain lower-power weapons such as the Muramasa is the auto-strike. Also known as the defining difference between a rifle and an assault rifle, at least originally. Or a pistol and a machine pistol. It's not a stupid design decision, I think it is actually a very smart way of adding worth to higher-level melee weapons. Semi-automatic and automatic swords. All we need now is bolt-action, break-action, and pump-action. Well, I guess spears count as pump-action.

Terrablade attacks very fast, it hurts to spam it. If you want to create 'every shot counts' mechanic you just make very slow weapon with quite a punch, instead of making it very fast.
So if you auto use it, you doesnt get full benefit without precise timing and aiming.
It's just doesnt make sense creating very fast endgame shooting sword not autofiring. So I kinda disagree it's smart approach in any way.
And I think we kinda need more bosses, actually  :) Game feels quite a short for sandbox. MOAR CONTENT
In Soviet Russia cigarette smokes you

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #11168 on: February 19, 2014, 07:41:40 pm »

Hmm.  Also, this script won't work at all about 4% of the time.

Autohotkey for me is a hideous creature with erratic behaviour. I have no slightest idea why it derps from time to time, but I only noticed that ingame and intervals are uneven, not exactly 4%.

Not what I'm getting at.  I mean that 4% of the times that you start up Terraria, this script won't work.  Purely will not trigger at all.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11169 on: February 19, 2014, 08:14:17 pm »

Beat the WoF! Time to check out this hardmode.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11170 on: February 19, 2014, 08:50:22 pm »

*five minutes later*
*dies another twelve million times*
Black lives matter.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11171 on: February 19, 2014, 09:15:28 pm »

Yay! I installed the anti-spider mod!

...But I'm still too scared that a spider will pop out to go to Crimson. DARN IT, TERRARIA.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11172 on: February 19, 2014, 09:16:12 pm »

...But I'm still too scared that a spider will pop out to go to Crimson. DARN IT, TERRARIA.
Think of them as...vertebrae carrying...jumping cookies. Yep!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11173 on: February 20, 2014, 04:41:30 am »

How did you survive Skyrim?
Wait, you installed that mod which turns spiders into bears, didn't you?
Or wait, you don't play Skyrim at all, do you?

Just messing with you. :p

My brother used to be arachnophobic when he was younger, but somehow outgrew that.
I personally don't know many whom have that phobia.
Also, my own phobias usually doesn't carry over into videogames. So I find it weird when it happens for other people.
However I DO get a fair share of 'nope' reactions when playing certain games.
I think this might be because most of these games rely a bit too much on suddenly shocking the player.
The Dead Space games are particularely guilty of this.

But I digress, I am straying away from the main topic which is Terraria.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 04:51:20 am by Ultimuh »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11174 on: February 20, 2014, 11:18:21 am »

I have played Skyrim, and the spiders did not bother me one bit. I can't really predict which spiders will bug me; the Terraria ones are the worst in quite a while.

Anyway, it did work; the stupid things are annoying as all heck when you're trying to navigate a large Crimson cave.
Pages: 1 ... 743 744 [745] 746 747 ... 887