Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 849 850 [851] 852 853 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261039 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12750 on: October 26, 2017, 03:33:20 pm »

https://imgur.com/a/sr6er

here's the finished structures for the Druid and the Dryad. pretty unimaginative i think. but well, im not an expert builder anyways. this should allow for more NPCs to come home. i spent some more material crafting summoning items until the EoC and the Scarabeus dropped the material i needed. the Death Wind has really nasty damage, first of all, its an Artifact Weapon, second, almost all my accesories are summoner related, im using a summoner armor (Chitin) and i had to reforge the weapon because it had a bad modifier and ended with Demonic. total damage is 45. and it launches 2 scythes like a boomerang, along with the right click effect that gives a DoT to enemies.

i dont think im gonna need another weapon to compensate for now. this shit is broken as fuck :P

now to get my revenge on that fucking crab >:v

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #12751 on: October 26, 2017, 05:11:56 pm »

here's the finished structures for the Druid and the Dryad. pretty unimaginative i think. but well, im not an expert builder anyways.

They're a lot nicer than I ever bother to do.  I count six usable rooms.

Can NPCs climb up and down ropes now?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12752 on: October 26, 2017, 06:03:24 pm »

One of the Tax Collector's greetings is "Tried to get <Dryad> to pay me with favors once, now I have fungus growing in strange places."

...Kinda makes me glad I have my spawn point in the Party Girl's room, on the other side of the town from the Dryad.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12753 on: October 26, 2017, 07:08:58 pm »

here's the finished structures for the Druid and the Dryad. pretty unimaginative i think. but well, im not an expert builder anyways.

They're a lot nicer than I ever bother to do.  I count six usable rooms.

Can NPCs climb up and down ropes now?

from what i've seen they can jump sometimes but only if they need to reach their destination. they are less mobile than say, the NPCs in Starbond. Terrarian NPCs tend to avoid steep terrain and keep themselves on leveled ground. so they usually just stay in the same floor and cannot climb down or use the stairs properly. its a bit sad honestly. i wish there was mod that made them more, you know, active.

not saying that having NPCs moving around everywhere is cool, but seeing them get to the place and not die because of AI not capable of climbing would be a really good addition.

ok Crabulon down. i still got close to dying but in the end the Death Wind was a good craft, it seems to consume minion slots to shoot the projectiles so i guess its either using it as a weapon or keeping your minions. since the Sapling isnt counted he stayed at my side until the end of the fight giving extra support. the boss dropped glowing mushrooms to compensate along with a throwing weapon, a ranged weapon and the expert mode drop. its an accesory that summons a floating spore summon or something like that which latches onto enemies an heals you while draining the enemies.

i added armored to it to have just in case. i dont think this thing works on bosses but its a summon so imma use it anyways. now i was going to prepare the space for the corruption but got stopped by a Blood Moon.

in terms of NPCs the Merchante returned and is now living in the base, the Dye trader moved to the store and the Adventurer from Spirit settled in the Dryad's house. gonna see if he has summon weapons or something.

if the travelling merchant brings Dynasty im gonna continue building the Restaurant. if not, well its preparing the space to fish for those ebonkoi, maybe some crimson tigerfish too.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12754 on: October 26, 2017, 09:38:49 pm »

no sign of the travelling merchant the last days. however, i've been lucky fishing and have got enough lead to craft some toilets to complete the chair requirement of some bathrooms. there's still the demolitionist and the druid's bathrooms left. and some of the others still need a bathtub but with that i opened 2 more NPC slots. already got the Enchanter.

the corruption is speading nicely, and the fishing spot is already done. just filled a huge depresion that was already carved in the terrain. it should have enough blocks of water to allow good fishing. the background music already changes in some parts but im still gonna wait until the area is spreaded enough to summon the EoW.

what im finding is that im running out of building space. the only missing spot that isnt being used is the field between the Druid and Dryad houses but im gonna use that spot to make an artificial jungle for the Witch Doctor. this leaves the top of the hill as the last avaliable space unless i start building west of the Amphitheater. which borders with the Tundra. or keep building to the east until i border the Desert (which would be fitting for some NPCs like the Dye Trader and the Desert Acolyte).

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12755 on: October 26, 2017, 11:01:51 pm »

Good bloody god. When the wiki says the angelic sigil is a rare drop from fallen angels, they mean rare. I just spent seven minutes of a zerg rush potion slaughtering things on a sky island trying to get one to drop. Murdered something like sixty or seventy wyverns in the process. Saw five cloud elementals on the screen at once. Made somewhere close to fifty platinum. Chest I was using to keep the clutter from resulting in too much lag now has 10 stacks of 99 avian cartilage, and gods know how many I trashed once the chest got slam full. Two shy of four 99 stacks of feathers. Over a thousand souls of flight. That was goddamn ridiculous.

... but I got one, finally. Now I get to do this again in the underground hallow, because there's just one chaos elemental drop left between me and both the assassin major range combo item and the flame of the magus, its magic compatriot. Then I'unno. I know how to deal with rare drops, now, and it's up to ten straight minutes of the nearby enemies count being in the upper twenties to mid thirties. Zerg rush potion earns its name.

Also there's totally a bunch of sky drop crap I don't imagine I'll ever have need to farm again :V

E: Sweet baby zeus it's worse underground. You don't see as much, it feels like, since obstructions and whatnot, but instead of hovering around 30 the nearby critter count hovers in the upper seventies. Yikes.

Also to blue hell with sodding moths. Pillar kill and ~5ish minutes remaining on the potion to get drowned in seventy something everything-plague-jungle, and I don't see one of the ruddy things until after the potion ends. Got my gypsy powder, so it's all good and I never have to try to find the ruddy things again (in this world/on this character), but cripes. Friggin' bug.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 12:27:21 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12756 on: October 27, 2017, 09:59:35 am »

the corruption grew quite fast to be honest. i got enough space to summon the EoW. as always i cheesed the fight a bit by using spiky balls but the true mvp of the fight was the fungal clump accesory from Crabulon. it gives enough perma sustain to help during boss battles, even if not dealing much damage to them. i wonder if it works with the Moon Lord.

anyways. i defeated that, warded my worm scarf, crafted the Enforced Thorium Pax (Pickaxe + Axe) along with a Breaker for hammer coverage. then went to the ocean, grabbed the Angler and dived for a pearl. crafted The Ring and warded it, and went to mine Aerialite for making the Storm Surge, reforged it to Deadly. it doesnt get the same absurd damage as the Death Wind but at least i can open doors without triggering a secondary effect or it eats my minions, plus it also goes through blocks too.

found the Tavernkeeper while going to the Crimson and fought the BoC, the knockback from the gun was enough to keep creepers at bay and even in the second fight it helped. then i went and crafted some Bramble Teeth to fight the boss from the Reach. i got a lot of weapons but nothing summoner related for now.

right now im doing modifications to the Amphitheater because the Eternia Crystal Stand needs more space to work and it seems i cant have the Hellevator there. gonna have to do some sort of basement level to house it because it enters in conflict. i was able to summon the event but lost at the 5th wave. gonna have to do a different strat next time. but at least the portals appear more or less where they should.

EDIT:

aaaaaaand another fucking blood moon. just what i needed. well, at least the travelling merchant came with the Lifeform Analyzer and the Dynasty stuff i wanted.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 10:14:06 am by xaritscin »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12757 on: October 27, 2017, 10:46:44 am »

Oh man, on the subject of moons, wait until you get a blue moon. If you haven't encountered one yet, you're in for a treat. Pretty sure it's post wall, though, or at least if not then it's a freakishly mean thing to do to the player. Tiny advice vis a vis one, try to do your surviving somewhere that souls will spawn. also, I'm pretty sure that unlike blood moon or invasion pillars, where if you go deep enough the effect largely stops, the blue moon's will follow you flippin' anywhere, so there's basically no escape. incidentally, finding a method to make it daytime ASAP isn't a bad idea; there's some easy-ish ones available fairly early, iirc
Ask not!
Ask!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12758 on: October 27, 2017, 01:13:30 pm »

its finished! (well, almost, gonna do an elevator to space later on, im just tired of building this shit).

https://imgur.com/a/xYkBy

it took almost 2 stacks of stone to add the changes. the basement is used mostly for the hellevator but it could be used to put all the banners down there. not sure. anyways, the space is big enough to allow the portals to spawn right before the wall. and i can have the 2 Eternia Crystal Stands to complement symmetry.

just tested it with Death Wind and the army was defeated for now. got 12 defender medals in total and the boss dropped a Dark Tome. now, im gonna check how much iron i mined while looking for stone. should be enough to finish some bathrooms.

next boss in the list is the Queen Jellyfish, but i need to make more room for NPCs so i think im gonna do the restaurant now that i have the Dynasty materials. also, i have to make a bridge above the lake.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12759 on: October 27, 2017, 02:41:33 pm »

finished the restaurant. there's like, 6 slots avaliable for NPCs there.

the only downside is that its too close to the store. well, it sounds logical but well, i was expecting it to be smaller. anyways now i gotta do the bridge. gonna use Yew Wood for this. maybe add some fences to make it look like well, an actual bridge.

construction was slow because there was a slime rain. and im gonna need more iron to craft some of the missing stuff like the cooking pot. but all in all the structure is complete and running.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12760 on: October 27, 2017, 03:31:43 pm »

finished the frame of the bridge. i dont know what else to add there honestly. so i prepared some stuff and went to the ocean to fight the Queen Jellyfish. the fight was short  honestly, Storm Surge is good to kill summons during boss battles and she was being focused by the minions so she went down quickly after a while.

i got the Pirate Blunderbuss which allowed the arms dealer to appear in the town and also got the Diverman, so now i can buy a better fishing pole (been replacing them over time, using a fleshcatcher atm).

with her i've killed all the bosses pre-Queen Bee. now im starting the expedition into the jungle. the easiest entrance is using the Pyramid. so i started from there and gonna dig my way until i find a beehive and the jungle temple if i can. the current focus is to get the most critical items like the Staff of Regrowth for potion making, and the Living Mahogany tools for building the grove in the town.

oh and get a bucket of honey. i dont know where the hell im gonna put that in the Amphitheater but something should come up eventually. and of course, take onto the Queen Bee.

EDIT:

2 living mahogany trees, 4 cabins and a shrine later, still nothing of what i was looking for. there was blood moon and stress got almost to 9000. had to stop the expedition and sit in the base after storing all the loot. no Beehives either. just plain jungle. on the good side i got the honey crafting station, the Forest Ocarina and the Magic Mirror. i also found some heart crystals. just need 3 more to get max life.

i've mapped a lot vertically. actually, problem is finding horizontal spots to dig.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 04:44:10 pm by xaritscin »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12761 on: October 27, 2017, 08:50:17 pm »

Eh, if you're playing with that revenge gold multiplier, you can always do one of my go-to approaches to that any sort of spelunking conundrums that happen before you have easy/easier ways to deal: Throw sticky dynamite at walls until you find something interesting. Can do it without the multiplier, too, it's just harder to sustain/start up.

Entirely applicable (if maybe messy, but I honestly find the aesthetics of bomb mining to look better than little 2 or 3 tile tunnels burrowing through everything... also much easier to navigate through later, if needed) until you get the giga impact drill from the blacksmith (which has a right click that fires no-ammo block destroying rockets -- neat trick, by the way, if you do a quick left click drill before firing the rocket, you'll put out two instead of one) and/or enough mining speed you're a discount end-game mining mount whatever it is.

If you're handling invasions already, you're probably good to mine up some meteorite, too, in which case I can but repeat the mention of the rocket punch. Pre-wall it's easily one of the best illumination items in the game with these mods running, and can make figuring out where/which direction to dig a lot easier. Its sparks go furthest downward, unsurprisingly enough, but it's got pretty decent horizontal coverage, for what it is.
Ask not!
Ask!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12762 on: October 27, 2017, 08:58:13 pm »

i only use explosives when needed, mostly to clear stuff quickly. dont want to clutter the inventory too fast. i use the Storm Surge to pinpoint pockets and start tunneling until i find the places im looking for. i dont want to do anything with meteorite to be honest. i have the materials to craft the skull and mine it safely but i like how my world is pretty untouched save for one or two landscaping works here and there done for ease of travel. but cleaning a meteorite is a chore i dont like and the material isnt even need except for some stuff so im skipping that.

now there's the issue of the Astral Meteor in hardmode but well, that's a Calamity thing and there's no alternatives (not to mention it seems its needed for some important crafting stuff) so im gonna deal with that instead.

ok life is maxed and found the fiberglass fishing rod. still no staff or living mahogany tools. used a massive stock of iron i had mined during the expeditions to mount the rest of the storage from here to hardmode (i may still need some more storage for hardmode tho). most recent expedition showed a series of minecart tracks almost linked together covering a lot of ground from a mushroom biome. sadly i didnt check if there was any kind of Beehive or the Jungle Temple nearby. they must be further down i think. also got the Bezoar and found a heart statue.

i also used some potions to fish crates, got enough stock to craft the rest of the bathroom props that were missing so there's more room for other NPCs. 

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12763 on: October 27, 2017, 10:47:09 pm »

turns out it was less travel going down throught an opening after the corruption patch in the jungle than going all the way from the Pyramid. it only took me a few hundred blocks to find a beehive in the descent. already farmed the Queen Bee 4 times, enough to make bee armor and the staff with spare for anything that i may need later on (also got a Godly Beekeeper).

also turns out that the Jungle Temple is located right after a minecart rail that crosses the descent tunnel. so i got 2 ways to get there. one using the rails and the other well, falling. i dont know which path would be best to fight Plantera later on. but it seems vertical > horizontal in that fight. not really sure but there's plenty of space to dodge her and kite her. allthought im not sure wings could deal with some of the heights between the openings.

anyways. the next bosses on the list are The Ancient Flier, The Hivemind and The Perforators. all three have chance for summon stuff which is good for me. i specially want to get the Dank Staff (ayy lmao) but all three summoning staffs could be good. butterflies are still OP but they will probably fall off in Hardmode until i improve the staff to the next tier. they still have more damage than the hornets but havent tested the DPS.

now the thing is that i have to wait until the planter boxes start churning out plants. since there's a lot of space on the ground that will be used for the grove, i put the planter boxes there. for some reason i dont have the Waterleaf and Shiverthorn boxes but the rest are present and i've already planted the most important herbs which are moonglow, daybloom and blinkroot. need to get deathweed seeds and marine kelp is used well for other stuff so i wont bother to plant it for now.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12764 on: October 28, 2017, 01:06:58 am »

last update of the night. started the construction of the space arena. it extendes 60 blocks on each side from the center. the rope is already set then its build the spire to support it. that will require large quantities of stone and marble that will probably take the whole day to mine or so.

i forgot to mention that the hellevator has already reached the underworld but anyways, y havent put foot there since then. looking for floating islands took a long time, there's 2 sky lakes at a fairly low altitude near the center. in fact, one of them is right above the Guide's house. the other is above the entrance of the Tundra. still far enough for not allowing harpies to spawn (until hardmode).

i didnt find any islands ot the east but the west end had one getting close to the Reach. was farming enough materials to craft the summoning item for the Ancient Flier but one of the mobs dropped the item so i went the extra mile and fought the thing. i changed the worm scarf for an item from the Spirit mod, its a cape crafted out of a blood moon material and old leather, it gives a small chance for minions to heal you, taking in account the butterflies and the fungal clump do constant damage it can heal you frequently. it seems it also has a hardmode variant that increases the chance while reducing minion damage by 10% but it heals so i dont see the issue.

the Ancient Flier dropped the summon item so now i've replaced the butterflies with skeletal birds and also discovered that the summon weapon made out of the mime's mask is actually a pre-hardmode sentry. i also got a set of wings, they give like, the same flight time as the Frostpark Boots, taking in account i dont have any set of boots equipped this helps a lot. i went and reforged everything since i have almost 20 platinum (because of Revengeance mode and its higher loot) so the Storm Surge is now Unreal, the Skeletalon Staff is Mythical and the mime mask sentry thing is masterfull. i forgot to give modifiers to the living wood sapling but this can be done quickly tomorrow.

with that the Perforators and the Hivemind are the last bosses before Skeletron. gonna test the capabilities of those new summons and maybe mine the materials to finish the spire.
Pages: 1 ... 849 850 [851] 852 853 ... 887