Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Terraria Server List  (Read 79245 times)

FierceFrankie

• Bay Watcher
  • Take me as I am, or watch me as I go. ♥
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
Re: Terraria Server List
« Reply #106 on: May 28, 2011, 07:30:46 pm »

Okay, okay. You guys have successfully peer pressured me into trying out DF. =P It sounds pretty interesting from what you guys are saying.

Oh, and awesome that I'm no longer an escaped lunatic!

*goes and downloads Dwarf Fortress*

I might get my gaming friends on my teamspeak server to try it out, too. They like Terraria and Minecraft.
Leader of The Fierce Force guilds and clans. =]
Join our teamspeak!
Download Teamspeak here.
Address: fiercespeak.sytes.net
Password: kfckoolaid
[TFF]

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 28, 2011, 07:34:48 pm »

Man, she has no idea what she just signed up for. She will either be driven insane or show up two weeks later in the upper forums singing praise to DF.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2011, 07:38:10 pm »

Most likely both.

Mission. Fucking. Accomplished.

And now back to topic or something.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2011, 07:42:15 pm »

Okay, okay. You guys have successfully peer pressured me into trying out DF. =P It sounds pretty interesting from what you guys are saying.

Oh, and awesome that I'm no longer an escaped lunatic!

*goes and downloads Dwarf Fortress*

I might get my gaming friends on my teamspeak server to try it out, too. They like Terraria and Minecraft.
I'd recommend a graphics pack unless you want to use the ASCII. Ironhand's and Mayday's are both quite good.
Also, the wiki is useful.

On topic, should we start a list of active servers in here yet?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2011, 07:49:52 pm »

Further on topic, should be have a link to the terraria forum for servers, so that the terraria fans have a more heavily supported forum to find servers on? Not that I don't want them here, always nice to see a new lunatic that isn't a spambot, and even more so when we can convince them to give DF a try, but somehow we have a large amount of traffic (Lurkers and such) for the few servers we have up, so a link to the terraria forums might help support this capacity.

Just throwing it out there, comments?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2011, 07:52:01 pm »

That seems like an obvious thing to do, since it is the Terraria forums over there, after all.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

FierceFrankie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2011, 07:59:49 pm »

My server's active and there are like 3 people on it at the moment. Mine should be at the top of the list. :)

And omg, someone is gonna have to explain to me how to play DF because like I tried to start a game and make a world, but right now I am looking around I guess and all I see are apostrophes, percentage signs, and hyphens.

Join our teamspeak!
Download Teamspeak here.
[TFF]

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2011, 08:03:08 pm »

My server's active and there are like 3 people on it at the moment. Mine should be at the top of the list. :)

And omg, someone is gonna have to explain to me how to play DF because like I tried to start a game and make a world, but right now I am looking around I guess and all I see are apostrophes, percentage signs, and hyphens.
Step 1: Close DF, get a graphics pack. Or The Lazy Newb Pack, which has a lot of stuffs.
Step 2: Read Tutorials on magmawiki or watch CapnDuck's tutorials for DF .31. The former is probably more updated, but the latter is easier to understand, I'd say.
Step 3: MAGMA!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2011, 08:10:30 pm »

The maddness begins! We used to have a great introduction guide, back for the 40d version, but I don't think it is nearly as relevant. Reguardless, trial and error is a big part of this game. I know right now it just looks like alphabet soup, but if you give it time, you learn to read the game. Protip: The k key is your best friend.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2011, 05:30:51 am »

It got a.. vertical learning curve at best, but once you get the basics, you are past the worst part.
Also if you are stuck on something, don't be afraid to ask us here on these forums.
People do that all the time.  :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 05:33:21 am by Ultimuh »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2011, 09:16:37 am »

It got a.. vertical learning curve at best, but once you get the basics, you are past the worst part.
Also if you are stuck on something, don't be afraid to ask us here on these forums.
People do that all the time.  :)
But do it in the Upper Forums where its more on topic, we've derailed this list enough already.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

FierceFrankie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2011, 09:39:33 am »

Well, would any of you guys wanna play on my server? ^^ No Hamachi required. I just ask that people come onto the teamspeak to get the password so I can know who has it and when someone is going on the terraria server, and be able to change the password if necessary. Plus me and my friends all talk on mic while we play, so it's more fun. =P
Join our teamspeak!
Download Teamspeak here.
[TFF]

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2011, 10:01:08 am »

It's when you start seeing ampersands that you want to get worried.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

FierceFrankie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2011, 10:16:28 am »

&'s are evil? o.o