Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23

Author Topic: Kobold Appreciation Conference  (Read 85828 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Appreciation Conference
« Reply #225 on: September 18, 2011, 04:13:45 pm »

Let's ignore the troll and return to loving our adorable little Dog/lizard/men-things.

The reason why they steal is that apparently they have no sense of ownership. It's actually kind of cute, because that means a kobold will give completely freely, with no sense of entitlement to anything but a hug.

Can you say D'awwwww.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 18, 2011, 04:20:12 pm »

Yeah, I do love the little things, though..
..Plus, once I've safely captured them, and kept them in their own room, with masterwork statues, chairs, tables, and elven trader-slaves, I can then use their shoddy, copper daggers for weapon-traps!
Ah, my dwarven heart beats with fierce pride for this.  I can't take it anymore!  I have to go do something profound.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 20, 2011, 07:37:43 pm »

I like how you can build a fortress around their camps. I have 4 kobolds in a fortress called "canyonpasses" which is a kobold presevation society. I thin i'm gonna release hostile animals and see if i can't get them to legendary combat skills.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 20, 2011, 08:20:09 pm »

Make sure those animals are giant eagles. It'll train them faster!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 20, 2011, 08:22:00 pm »

Actually, you can danger room them, just be careful with 1 training spear and stop if they start to get injured!

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 20, 2011, 09:46:42 pm »

Another awesome thing is because they have no sense of ownership I get to steal their hard won hoard.
I hope in the future releases friendly kobolds go off map to steal from surrounding civilizations. My own little band of theives. ^_^
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 09:48:37 pm by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 20, 2011, 10:15:04 pm »

Another awesome thing is because they have no sense of ownership I get to steal their hard won hoard.
I hope in the future releases friendly kobolds go off map to steal from surrounding civilizations. My own little band of theives. ^_^

Oh, that would be so cool. Be able to build a den of kobold thieves??
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 20, 2011, 10:22:59 pm »

I heard there is a Kobold Camp mod...
Soaplent green is goblins!

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 20, 2011, 10:24:55 pm »

I heard there is a Kobold Camp mod...
I meant make a kobold den, then have it send off its denizens to steal materials from other races. Instead of traders and caravans with goods, have returning thief parties?

Reaching adulthood requires a kobold to steal something of x value? That would be cool.
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 20, 2011, 10:33:32 pm »

That'll have to wait until army arc, when the player can actually do things off the map.  I'm looking forward to raiding parties though, that will be entirely too much fun.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 20, 2011, 10:34:36 pm »

That'll have to wait until army arc, when the player can actually do things off the map.  I'm looking forward to raiding parties though, that will be entirely too much fun.

Agreed.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 20, 2011, 10:38:04 pm »

Will we be able to send out assasins and thieves and spies too? in medieval total war assasins and espionage was one on my favorite aspects. I can think of worse models for dwarf fortress.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 20, 2011, 10:42:16 pm »

Go back to Shogun: Total War.  That was good stuff...  Mmm...  Either way, I have no idea.  "sending out parties" is slated for the army arc, but for all I know Toady may throw it in with the next patch.  I could imagine a rudimentary trading system put into place during caravan arc, but, that's for Toady to decide.  None of us have any idea when or how it will be done.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 21, 2011, 08:41:00 pm »

Will we be able to send out assasins and thieves and spies too? in medieval total war assasins and espionage was one on my favorite aspects. I can think of worse models for dwarf fortress.
In a few years, DF will be a model for Total War!

But in the meantime, I play the shit out of Empire: Total War.

INDIA WILL CONQUER ALL OF EUROPE AND FORCE THEM TO DRAW US PICTURES OF CUTE LITTLE DOG-MEN THINGS!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 22, 2011, 11:55:50 pm »

NOOOO! 3 of my kobolds were killed by human merchant guards! the irony is i made this fort to protect them. Instead i got them killed  ;_;
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23